Game 5 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Wagner | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Game 5 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Wagner

I just want to point out that Szmyt has “started” (played) in 52 games for SU. If he plays out the year and a bowl game, it will be a total of 61 games. I know that Covid factors in here, but has anyone else at SU ever been close to that?

Brandon Triche

Matt sucks bad for football. I have no idea what’s happening
I listened to the reply Sunday morning driving back from nc. he was noting time, down, distance, and FP all the time. Had zero problem tracking what was going on.

I just watched their highlights against Fordham and now watching the highlights from Rutgers game. You have nothing to worry about. They literally look like a high school team, size wise. And their CB's/Safeties constantly got beat by both teams. Fordham's QB went 18-25 for 386 yards. Rutgers, who if you ask their fans would argue they have ZERO passing game, went a combined 15-25 for 257 yards. Shrader should have a field day, and he will be bigger than any player they have on defense.

If we lose or it's close, I don't know what I'll do, but it won't be pretty.
Dino should be offering the fordham qb.

Brandon Triche
EE5D3202-410D-4A97-B6E6-D7EFC098C979.gif

personally, why play him. Why play any of the key players. We can't lose Barron especially now that we need him in the box. I hope that Dino doesn't go meat on us and play the starters beyond a series or two
Pretty sure the starters will play more than 2 series unless they are “dinged up”. They all need the work.

Can’t believe the number of people that think it’s a good idea to have our players not play for 3 weeks. Rust city. Of course that will give the constant complainers the opportunity to complain we weren’t prepared.

Am I the only one getting wary that we seem to be totally discounting Wagner, like all we gotta do is walk out there, pick up the W they so generously hand to us, and then on to NC State?
Not saying they could beat us- but assuming it’ll be a cakewalk would be a big mistake, IMO. We don’t need to sleepwalk in this one, make the game much tougher than it should be, play more bodies, and have more angst than we need to have. Just sayin’…. JMHO

Yes you’re the only one

Can’t believe the number of people that think it’s a good idea to have our players not play for 3 weeks. Rust city. Of course that will give the constant complainers the opportunity to complain we weren’t prepared.
You'd have us schedule some games during the layoff before the bowl game too?

Was about to post this word for word. We went from a decent football team last year to absolute garbage AFTER the bye. I’m not saying that will happen again but do you really think we’ll be physically ready for a football game by resting for 3 weeks?

I personally think Tucker should stay in the game until he gets 250 yards. The Heisman is important. These other schmucks have their yardage against FCS teams. Plus he needs to get his confidence back. Try new blocking schemes. Use it like a practice.

I personally think Tucker should stay in the game until he gets 250 yards. The Heisman is important. These other schmucks have their yardage against FCS teams. Plus he needs to get his confidence back. Try new blocking schemes. Use it like a practice.
He'd need 600 yards and 6 TD on the ground and another 200 and 2 through the air for any chance. Heisman talk for him is done

He'd need 600 yards and 6 TD on the ground and another 200 and 2 through the air for any chance. Heisman talk for him is done

I agree. 200 yards vs Wagner and then 50 or so vs NCS just ain't going to do it. Win the games and all kinds of great team/personal accolades will follow.

I got news for you, he’s not getting the heisman. Having a big game against wagner isn’t going to help.

if he were go nuts against the back half of the schedule, sure. But he hasn’t been able to to this point, there’s no reason to think that’s going to happen. The focus needs to be finding two wins in the six games after this week. He needs to make impact plays in big games, not accumulate yards.

There is definitely a logical point to be made that we want to avoid rust along with having a reset on the offense. I think the rash of injuries just has everyone a bit trepidatious.

There is definitely a logical point to be made that we want to avoid rust along with having a reset on the offense. I think the rash of injuries just has everyone a bit trepidatious.

Yeah, Dino and the coaches have to be finely tuned to the players boo boos and owies while getting enough reps for the starters and quality reps for building some depth. Honestly, I'd get some Newhouse kids to just focus and X players and report if they see any hint of an injury and report that to the staff immediately.

I got news for you, he’s not getting the heisman. Having a big game against wagner isn’t going to help.

if he were go nuts against the back half of the schedule, sure. But he hasn’t been able to to this point, there’s no reason to think that’s going to happen. The focus needs to be finding two wins in the six games after this week. He needs to make impact plays in big games, not accumulate yards.

Three non-QBs have gotten it since 2000, two from Bama and one from USC.

I

TBH, I’m kind of excited to see what CDRW has in extended play at backup QB.

He’s obviously not touching GS’s spot, but it’ll be nice to know what’s behind.

Agreed but we all have to realize he's playing with 2's and maybe 3's as well.

I just don’t want to see CDRW go off in the second half and then have some type of ridiculous controversy going into our stretch. GS is our guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom