Game thread | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Game thread

Again to recap...Hunt just threw a BULLET on the money for 1st and 10.

They then proceeded to RUN a sweep, throw a swing pass, and ???

Drop back and throw the fukkin ball down field. WHAT THE WORST THING THAT CAN HAPPEN?? An INT?? We lost anyway?
Saw some kids make some tough catches today. Their efforts went for naught due to some chicken play calling down the stretch. Give someone a chance to make a play to win the game for your team for the love of God.

I'd rather seen Hunt throw an interception throwing down field looking to get into FG range than have the game end that way. McDonald bailed out Pitt with that horrible display.

What a sorry way to lose a VERY winnable football game.

It wasn't a wheel route it was a hook and lateral

Tapatalk

I still consider it a wheel route whether he gets pitched to or not. That being said, running a hook and ladder when you need 8 yards is ridiculous. I'm skeptical that was the call but maybe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. When he was put in positions to succeed he did some good things. Our passing plays and routes are just awful.
He's played in a lot of games this year. I missed 1, the Maryland game. He hasn't shown the ability to run an open offensive attack. McDonald is stuck trying to play turnover-less ball with the offense because of his inabilities.

Saw some kids make some tough catches today. Their efforts went for naught due to some chicken play calling down the stretch. Give someone a chance to make a play to win the game for your team for the love of God.

I'd rather seen Hunt throw an interception throwing down field looking to get into FG range than have the game end that way. McDonald bailed out Pitt with that horrible display.

Very possible you get an interference call on something down the field. Gotta take a shot there.

Exactly. That's all I wanted at the end. Give them a chance. We were literally playing for a long FG again. WHY???

And an INT likely would have been what you would have gotten.

I'd rather an INT going for it, then to watch a short side swing pass or hook and lateral. Why not try a fade to Broyld/Cornelius

And an INT likely would have been what you would have gotten.
Maybe, or maybe you get a catch or a PI call. You gotta take a chance there, don't you? Otherwise you just lose.

Exactly. That's all I wanted at the end. Give them a chance. We were literally playing for a long FG again. WHY???

Once they got the first down on that tough catch to get down to the Pitt 45 or so yard line it didn't seem like they knew what to do. I have no idea what the strategy was after that point but it made little sense to me.

Once they got the first down on that tough catch to get down to the Pitt 45 or so yard line it didn't seem like they knew what to do. I have no idea what the strategy was after that point but it made little sense to me.

You may have hit the nail on the head. A first-year QB and a first-year OC who have never been in that position before with the game on the line.

They didn't know what to do,

You may have hit the nail on the head. A first-year QB and a first-year OC who have never been in that position before with the game on the line.

Given that Pitt needed to worry about keeping Syracuse out of field goal range I was hoping they may take a shot at the end zone that on that first down play, perhaps try to bait the defense on an out and up...

Until they were within field goal range they needed to stay aggressive at any rate.

Given they field position they started that last drive with, I thought they were going to win. That drive was a real bummer and more on the coaching staff than players

Very possible you get an interference call on something down the field. Gotta take a shot there.
I agree but the refs effd up an Interference call against Pitt us in the last quarter that "might" have gone to the house. I think it was holding our WR Clark if not mistaken. He turned and looked for the flag but not today.That was game altering.We at the least get a fg attempt out of the big gain.

Be aggressive and PLAYYYY...to WIN THE GAME!

What ever the strategy was it was the perfect one for losing a close game. GM better bring in some five star players to make up for his inability to call the right plays for this team. I don't see any of those kind of recruits on our horizon.Do you? This guy makes George Deleone seem like a classic riverboat gambler in comparison.

We just stink in football. It's hard to watch. If we lost like this in hoops I'd be suicidal but in football it's more like business as usual.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom