Garrett Shrader out for bowl game | Syracusefan.com

Garrett Shrader out for bowl game

I had rotator cuff and labrum surgery back in 2019, and the thought of playing football and taking hits on that shoulder is incomprehensible to me. It literally hurt me in the morning to hit snooze on my alarm clock. Garrett deserves a lot of credit for how he put himself out there for the team as best he could while seriously injured.

Last edited:
This kid will go down as top 5 player for me ever in my fandom for cuse. Warrior, amazing teammate, had that quiet killer instinct where he wanted to win really badly. This sucks for him he can’t play but says volumes about how tough he was and is to go through what he did even though he knew he wouldn’t play the bowl game. What a guy 6

I had heard in early November that it was absurd he was even trying to play. Then we saw Pitt and it all made sense. Still not sure when he got hurt. I know school said Va Tech but I was also told Clemson.

What I've heard -- and I'm qualifying this by pointing out it is second hand -- is that he had nerve issues with his throwing arm / shoulder.

So, unlike past years where he was physically beaten up, sustaining injuries like cracked ribs, leg issues, etc. that really impaired him -- he was pretty much upright this year coming out of that FSU game.

But his throwing arm was numb, and he had difficulty gripping the ball because he couldn't "feel" the ball he was holding. Which obviously made it tough to throw and was a bad situation for a QB who was handling the ball every snap [which is why we converted on the fly to that wildcat / TE offense, to alleviate Shrader having to play].

But otherwise, he was relatively fine.

Really, too bad. Kid is a warrior.

I had rotator cuff and labrum surgery back in 2019, and the thought of playing football and taking hits on that shoulder is incomprehensible to me. It literally hurt me in the morning to hit snooze on my alarm clock. Garrett deserves a lot of credit for how he put himself out there for the team as best he could while seriously injured.
He’s a savage. We lucked out getting to watch him and Eric Dungey go to war every single weekend basically back to back.

My Top 5 Garrett moments:
1. Game winning TD against Purdue in 2022 (arguably a Top 5 football moment in Dome history)
2. Game winning TD throw at Virginia Tech in 2021
3. Performance against Louisville in 2022 opener.
4. Performance against Clemson in 2022 (we lost but he had us in a position to win that game)
5. Performance against Pitt at Yankee Stadium (he was barely functional but did what he needed to do to contribute to a desperately needed win)

Edit: forgot 2023 Purdue. I would put that third on here.

Last edited:
My Top 5 Garrett moments:
1. Game winning TD against Purdue in 2022 (arguably a Top 5 football moment in Dome history)
2. Game winning TD throw at Virginia Tech in 2021
3. Performance against Louisville in 2022 opener.
4. Performance against Clemson in 2022 (we lost but he had us in a position to win that game)
5. Performance against Pitt at Yankee Stadium (he was barely functional but did what he needed to do to contribute to a desperately needed win)
God, that throw at VT while getting pummeled was unbelievable.

I had heard in early November that it was absurd he was even trying to play. Then we saw Pitt and it all made sense. Still not sure when he got hurt. I know school said Va Tech but I was also told Clemson.
The season seemed to change on that monster hit he took on the first possession against Clemson. Not sure if that was the play he got injured on but it feels like a turning point in retrospect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom