George McDonald is absolutely terrible | Syracusefan.com

George McDonald is absolutely terrible

orangeman410

Walk On
I'm sorry but I'm sick of the excuses. He is a great recruiter but what good is that if you can't take these great players and execute a halfway decent offense... It is honestly painful watching the offense and the play calling, I think deleone would give him a run for his money

He is horrible no two ways about it the guy is just too cool for school doesnt have any sense of play calling at all it is like a greek diner with this guy. He sucks and is wasting the talent. I say turn the play calling over to lester and just have Mcdonald recruit or get rid of him

I'm sorry but I'm sick of the excuses. He is a great recruiter but what good is that if you can't take these great players and execute a halfway decent offense... It is honestly painful watching the offense and the play calling, I think deleone would give him a run for his money

Other then Ishmael who has he brought in? The guys this year don't have any other offers? Grab the Davante Davis and then he can earn the recruiter label.

Other then Ishmael who has he brought in? The guys this year don't have any other offers? Grab the Davante Davis and then he can earn the recruiter label.
Agreed. I don't think the recruiting is that great. The young guys are marginally better than the upperclassmen.

The guy who hired McDonald is the bigger problem right now. If you don't have a capable head coach...wow. That is the elephant in the room as we speak

Seriously? Everyone here overreacts, we got almost 600 yards today. Combination of Hunt missing passes and WR drops hurt us.
Oh please...stop. When you have 600 yards and only manage 20pts vs a mid-level to maybe a bad team that is a sign of a bad offense. Finish off a drive. Stop the bubble screens that don't work. WV found a way to get over 600 yards of offense and WIN last week. SU couldn't. No excuses for the offense. Don't be an apologist

Oh please...stop. When you have 600 yards and only manage 20pts vs a mid-level to maybe a bad team that is a sign of a bad offense. Finish off a drive. Stop the bubble screens that don't work. WV found a way to get over 600 yards of offense and WIN last week. SU couldn't. No excuses for the offense. Don't be an apologist
Hunt missed throws, there were drops, that's why we didn't finish drives.

like broyld drop that was a td on opening possession if he catches it
Yeah he was gone. McDonald needs to get these guys more time on the juggs machine.

Im not sure 4-5 bad play calls is enough to say an OC had a bad day. we won all the battles but lost the war. not scoring is not always about play calling. we scored and had it called back, he calls a great wheel route and hunt throws it OB. we had probably 5 plays where a slightly more dynamic play scores, but its been years since we even had players in those positions to score.

Excuses. The playcalling didn't play to Hunt's strengths and put this team in a position to fail. 3rd and 25 and SU calls a draw play to just punt in the 4th quarter. COME ON MAN! That's idiot coaching. TRY and win the game. Throw it downfield and hope for a pass interference or for our guy to make a play

Im not sure 4-5 bad play calls is enough to say an OC had a bad day. we won all the battles but lost the war. not scoring is not always about play calling. we scored and had it called back, he calls a great wheel route and hunt throws it OB. we had probably 5 plays where a slightly more dynamic play scores, but its been years since we even had players in those positions to score.
There's no flow on offense. No plays seem to set up others. That's on the OC.

Stern said:

Nope. 600 yards of offense is good no matter who you play. Not scoring was the issue.

WVU is better on O than us. And they barely won.

The no excuses bit always makes me think the poster is just pi$$ed. Every loss on this board people use that line - as if saying it magically makes it true. There's always reasons for things, ie. "Excuses" ...

and we keep going with shaky potatoes Norton on fgs. any fg missed under 40 yards indoors unless blocked or bad snap/hold should make kicker pay his own room and board for the next week

Excuses. The playcalling didn't play to Hunt's strengths and put this team in a position to fail. 3rd and 25 and SU calls a draw play to just punt in the 4th quarter. COME ON MAN! That's idiot coaching. TRY and win the game. Throw it downfield and hope for a pass interference or for our guy to make a play
You just contradicted yourself... playcalling didn't play to Hunt's strengths yet you want them throwing deep balls. Probably was trying to put them in 4th in managable assuming Shafer would go for it, and I'm pretty sure the run picked up 15 yards.

and we keep going with shaky potatoes Norton on fgs. any fg missed under 40 yards indoors unless blocked or bad snap/hold should make kicker pay his own room and board for the next week
I'm ready for the other kicker

not an excuse but the officials were very inconsistent today both in calling penalties and managing the game. Case and point the 10 minutes of conferencing then don't announce anything

Maryland was playing backups of backups! What's your guess on yards/points next week?
They were playing backups late in the game... I don't know much about ND's defense so I couldn't tell ya. All I know is people seem to overreact when we lose and overreact when we win... stay level-headed.

I haven't watched a ton of ND but how are there backs and receivers compared to Maryland group? Goldson is good and better runner than brown. if they are similar to Marylands ill go 28 points since our d only gave up 24 today

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom