Get ready | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Get ready

ron burgundy anchor man GIF

I remember when Dabo became HC and thought, how the heck is he getting 4 to 5 star guys after the season they had? We're about to see it happen on the Hill. Not so much 5 star but some high quality talent.

Another question, did we know the coordinators before or after Dino’s presser? What’s the norm?

Per this article, assistants were formally announced by SU a month after Dino was hired:

Per this article, assistants were formally announced by SU a month after Dino was hired:

Isn't it usually after their contract ends in February unless they were unemployed of course then they can start right away?

If I remember correctly we knew long before that. When you hire a current HC it is more likely they will bring most if not all of their current staff with them.

If I remember correctly we knew long before that. When you hire a current HC it is more likely they will bring most if not all of their current staff with them.

Yeah the article does say that most had already updated their Twitter bios as cuse coaches and were on the road recruiting before "officially" being announced.

This is not 100% but it’s likely. I know a person that’s pretty in tune mostly with the basketball side of Cuse but some knowledge with the football side too. They are usually pretty dead on when they tell me stuff about Cuse basketball and recruiting and I’ve shared some stuff in the past on that board.

Quite frankly never asked them much about football related stuff because I’m more into basketball myself but still a big Cuse football fan but the Coach Brown hire me fired up.

And what I was just told about some likely staff hires and some likely recruits/transfers…get ready. The best way I can describe it is Coach Brown is going to bring some swag and edge to Cuse football quite frankly we have never seen here before. It’s probably going to be a little different and take some getting used to for the old timers. But it’s something that these young kids and younger generation will eat up. People are going to be very impressed with a couple hires that are looking likely and one I shared is more likely than not at this point on another discussion post. Our recruiting is going to see a HUGE uptick, not saying we are going to be landing 5 stars but top 30 classes are definitely a possibility. Schiano is going to be crapping his pants after a couple of these hires cause NJ kids are going to be flocking to Cuse. Also from what I hear, South Florida is going to be a huge emphasis as well and those kids are going to love Coach Brown’s approach he is going to being.

Folks get ready and buckle up cause if these things I heard get finalized, it’s going to be a fun ride

The only thing I will say is if anyone browbeats you for this, just ignore them. The vast majority of posters appreciate these kinds of posts.

As an old guy...

I love swag and edge
Same. It's sports. Sports should be fun. Let's have fun. Take some big swings and see what happens.

We've lived through multiple worst-case-scenario seasons over the past 20 years. If we flop again, so be it. But let's freakin' try.

Robinson is a name I’ve alluded to another thread so I’ll publicly say that name. As some have already shared on this thread. Fran and Robinson are best friends, basically family. Their bond is more than money, Robinson would move closer to home, it’s not 100% a done deal but looking EXTREMELY promising. I don’t wanna give out too much info about other coaches and recruits/transfers.

I’ll put it bluntly and straightforward. Fran and Wildhack aren’t messing around. They have a very clear plan and they share the same plan on how to get SU football on the map. Wildhack doesn’t make this hire if he wasn’t confident in Fran and getting some of these other coaches on board. It’s going to be exciting, it’s going to be a fun off season and the caliber of coach and player that Syracuse has the potential to land is going to surprise some people lol

Trying to read the tea leaves here, im guess is Robinson as a DC. It would be a big get. And since he, and Brown, have never been coordinators or head coaches i guess that is what the OP is referring to when he says "It’s probably going to be a little different and take some getting used to for the old timers. But it’s something that these young kids and younger generation will eat up." Just my guess.
Both were Co DC's at one point

Robinson is a name I’ve alluded to another thread so I’ll publicly say that name. As some have already shared on this thread. Fran and Robinson are best friends, basically family. Their bond is more than money, Robinson would move closer to home, it’s not 100% a done deal but looking EXTREMELY promising. I don’t wanna give out too much info about other coaches and recruits/transfers.

I’ll put it bluntly and straightforward. Fran and Wildhack aren’t messing around. They have a very clear plan and they share the same plan on how to get SU football on the map. Wildhack doesn’t make this hire if he wasn’t confident in Fran and getting some of these other coaches on board. It’s going to be exciting, it’s going to be a fun off season and the caliber of coach and player that Syracuse has the potential to land is going to surprise some people lol

Hearing similar things

Could be a wild ride

By the way, we had a certain hoops coach who, though he didn't look the part, carried himself with a metric s-ton of swagger and edge. He was brash, unfiltered and had a non-traditional approach to the game.

That worked out pretty damn well for a long time. Largely when he was bringing in strong talent.

Replicating that wouldn't be the worst thing.

Whoa!
Gonna need to smoke a cigarette after this post.

Should be a very exciting couple of weeks.

CM4...bless his heart...

"Coach Brown is going to bring some swag and edge to Cuse football"

And immediately the room jumps to conclusions about coaches and recruiting.
Wrong.

This is all about the football team "walk up music" when they come running out of the tunnel to jack up the crowd. The music department has called together the string and woodwind sections(highlighted by some mean oboes) to compose a real toe tapping medley with rap mixed in.:cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom