GIFs of charge call and Boeheim's reaction | Syracusefan.com

GIFs of charge call and Boeheim's reaction

OrangeCrush22

All American
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I just hate to say it because I know everyone is fired up about it. Dude was there with feet set when CJ gathered to go up. It was a great defensive play.

I'd like to see a gif of the Mike G call though because do think they got that one wrong.

I just hate to say it because I know everyone is fired up about it. Dude was there with feet set when CJ gathered to go up. It was a great defensive play.

I'd like to see a gif of the Mike G call though because do think they got that one wrong.

And how many times did that exact same play happen against us????

Except for the part where CJ went around the side of him to avoid the charge.

When you look at the one I posted, watch the feet and the "hop" right before CJ went into him. Feet were not set. Very clear in this video.

Do you live in Colorado or Washington state because if you think that was a good defensive play you are smoking something.

And how many times did that exact same play happen against us????

I just don't know. I think the Mike G call was probably wrong but haven't seen a slo mo replay of it. But we aren't winning any arguments by pointing out this singular play. It was a clean play, just like Rak's block at the dome was a clean play.

I thought it was clean the first few times around but not so sure it looks like his left foot is moving right before contact when I slo motioned it and he was still adjusting his back to lean forward. If your going to be set to take a chage that late in the game you should be completly set not leaning forward while the player is in the air to absorb contact.

His feet wasn't set at all. He was still moving when Fair was in his upward motion. It's not even close.

When you look at the one I posted, watch the feet and the "hop" right before CJ went into him. Feet were not set. Very clear in this video.
yup...the duke player elevates just enough to convince me he was not set

The gif by OP clearly shows CJ's upward motion before Duke's defender made his last second effort to slide some more. The defender was set before CJ went up, but then moved over some more, negating his original position as CJ made his motion to go up, which is the exactly example of the new rule which would rule it a blocking foul. G's feet were set before Parker even took his second step before he went up for his shot. Sad. Very sad.

It's close - I doubt anyone would debate that. However, he clearly is shifting (the hop) when CJ leaves his feet. No brainer - plus, CJ moves to avoid. No call or defensive. No doubt. G was much more set on that play.

watch parker leads with his elbow to G'S face on that drive

Then on fair's drive it looks like green is making the call before fair leaves his ground

Yeah, Green looked to have his mind made up. Oh well, screw him.

I thought it was clean the first few times around but not so sure it looks like his left foot is moving right before contact when I slo motioned it and he was still adjusting his back to lean forward. If your going to be set to take a chage that late in the game you should be completly set not leaning forward while the player is in the air to absorb contact.
The left foot is what I noticed.

I hate to say it but the Duke guys upper body is moving forward after CJ leaves the ground.

This is the new rule:

"Under the revised block/charge call in men’s basketball, a defensive player is not permitted to move into the path of an offensive player once he has started his upward motion with the ball to attempt a field goal or pass. If the defensive player is not in legal guarding position by this time, it is a blocking foul.

Previously, a defender had to be in legal guarding position when the offensive player lifted off the floor."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom