Girardi's job. Is it safe? | Syracusefan.com

Girardi's job. Is it safe?

PoppyHart

All American
It has to be asked. Yes, he's not the one hitting a buck and change. I get that.

(Assuming a loss in this series), All things considered, over 5 years, I think he's done a pretty good job. 1 title, 2 1st rd. losses, 1 ALCS loss, and a missed postseason.

For many teams, that would be more than acceptable. Heck, for the Mets, it would be legendary, ticker tape stuff. But for the Yankees, I don't know if it cuts the mustard. I sure as hell know that a lucid George would send him back to Peoria before the World Series even began.

Joe knew what he signed up for. This is the Yankees. A different standard, and deservedly so given all they've accomplished. The only real parallels I can think of are Man U, Real, and Barca. No other professional organization is held to the same standard. And even Sir Alex would have a hard time keeping his job with these results.

The Red Stockings are starting from scratch, the O's may have shot their load, and the Yankees are beyond old at this point and in need of new direction. I'm curious to see who will lead it.

As a Red Sox fan I think they should dump Girardi and hire Bobby Valentine.

If his job is unsafe it's because his relationship with A-Rod is likely fractured beyond repair. But I believe management and ownership would prefer to bite the bullet on A-Rod's contract and somehow dump him first.

This Arod contract is going to kill them. He wouldnt get more than $5-$7 million on the open market and there is no way in hell that teams will sign him to more than a one year contract. They owe him $114 million dollars over the next 5 years. They are going to have to dump him and eat close to $100 million dollars or keep him on the roster.

This Arod contract is going to kill them. He wouldnt get more than $5-$7 million on the open market and there is no way in hell that teams will sign him to more than a one year contract. They owe him $114 million dollars over the next 5 years. They are going to have to dump him and eat close to $100 million dollars or keep him on the roster.
Probably more like $75-80 million. Pretty much the additional amount they gave him when they renegotiated his Contract a couple of years ago. I would say maybe they could coerce some team in the NL (Miami, LA?) to pull the trigger, but it's going to take a major sell job on the Yankee's part. And other than salary dump, don't expect much back in return.

That article is pure speculation. There is no real reason to believe that anybody other than Girardi made the move.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom