Give Coach a Choice | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Give Coach a Choice

What are we clinging to?
I am believing all the newcomers will develop and play better as a team, it often happens with young players. If you remember Scoop driving everyone crazy at the start and being loved at the end you will know what I am thinking. Of course he is just one example. My favorite was a very raw Rony Seikally who developed and had a long career, but half this board may not have even seen him play. The biggest problem I think is the utter disappointment of how last year ended and following that up with a team that has to have so many underclassmen in the rotation. For more recent fans Edwards was how good as a frosh? He is much better now.

This team is not reminiscent of the 1982 Duke team because that team was coached by a guy who had recently taken over and was building a program, essentially from scratch.

I am believing all the newcomers will develop and play better as a team, it often happens with young players. If you remember Scoop driving everyone crazy at the start and being loved at the end you will know what I am thinking. Of course he is just one example. My favorite was a very raw Rony Seikally who developed and had a long career,
nobody with talent stays 3 or 4 years anymore… and the ones that aren’t impressing are out of the rotation very quickly and hit the portal. it’s folly to think we’ll somehow reap the benefits of player development if we’re patient.

NIL might eventually help retain marginal NBA talent for another year (see UNC) but as of now SU hasn’t adapted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom