Give JB one more year. | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Give JB one more year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dasher nailed you.
You did exactly what you claim you
Aren’t doing by posting in this thread.
I will ask the question again because I know you won’t answer it.
Name one mistake JB has made as SU HC.

You can do it.

I’ve got under pants older than u. Get a grip. Get some perspective. Not everything is Boeheim’s fault.

I’ve got under pants older than u. Get a grip. Get some perspective. Not everything is Boeheim’s fault.
This post makes no sense because it’s predicated on a point no one is making.
However good job.

Being objective and questioning the coaching is not being a bad fan. In fact its the opposite and being a realist. I, myself, have less respect for fans who watch with orange tinted glasses and are the mindset of everything is okay, we'll be fine. (I am not saying this is you, I don't know you)
Big time college sports is an extremely difficult endeavor. Many of the crucial components of long term excellence are beyond the control of the ADs and the coaches. Hundreds of other schools are trying to do what you are tying to do.

Shots fall and sometimes they don’t including Frank’s free throws last night. Recruits sign or sign with someone else, players get injured, players improve or don’t improve, colleges switch conferences, and so on and so on.

It’s very easy I guess to sit in the den stuffing yourself with Cheetos and swilling down Genny Light and say in disgust, “This losing displeases me. Who is responsible for this feeling of frustration I feel?”

Now I was disappointed SU lost to NCSU. But I And most others were not on here 5 minutes after the game calling for JB’s head on a pike. But some were. How should we view those who did?
Didn't this post you just made get in to a conversation about whether jb stays or leaves?

The basis for the thread was the petulant suggestion or demand that JB be given one more year, but I didn’t get drawn into that silly conversation. We all know that ain’t happening?

I guess I could have responded, “What are you going to do if he does exactly what he has been doing for the next three years?”

This post makes no sense because it’s predicated on a point no one is making.
However good job.

It means every program goes through peaks and valleys. Are you new to Cuse hoops? Get a grip. You’re a young kid, right?

Last edited:
It means every program goes through peak and valleys. Are you new to Cuse hoops? Get a grip. You’re a young kid, right?
Again your moving the goalposts.
Nobody has argued against this post.
Continue on you are entertaining me now.

Dasher nailed you.
You did exactly what you claim you
aren’t doing by posting in this thread.
I will ask the question again because I know you won’t answer it.
Name one mistake JB has made as SU HC.

You can do it.
JB is never getting fired but he can decide to end it. He should if next year isn’t a good season.
Dasher was wrong. As I pointed out.

JB is staying. Does that mean you might be leaving? Why punish yourself with all this frustration?

Would like to provide a quick amendment to a post I made last week.

The ratio of threads townie posts in to threads townie posts in that get locked is much closer to 1.005 - 1 than 1.05-1.

If we can’t win 25 games next year it’s time to go in a new direction. That was pathetic tonight.
We’re down to four healthy players. I don’t know what you expect them to do. You can’t win with walk ons.

By light on his feet, what are you implying Chip?

Well normally, you know. But he literally weighs 120 lbs.

I'll throw a nickel in the jar for using the word literally. But it applies here.

JB is staying. Does that mean you might be leaving? Why punish yourself with all this frustration?

You aren’t the Director of Athletics for Syracuse University. You have no clue.

Also sorry I don’t pass your standard of fandom.
Just because I don’t worship at the altar of Jim Boeheim doesn’t mean I can’t be a diehard Orange supporter.

If you want to refund all the money I have spent I will calculate it for you then you can talk to me about frustration.

We’re down to four healthy players. I don’t know what you expect them to do. You can’t win with walk ons.

He expects them to win 25 games next year. Which we should, given all of the experience we return, and the class coming in.

Not in like a year. It’s OK, kind of the Olive Garden of pizza.

Deep dish? Really? Oh man, Chicago is probably favorite city in the country and I can’t do it even there. I’ve tried Giordanos, Lou Malnatis, etc., but it is just lasagna in a pan to me. I’ll take a coal fired brick oven slice from Grimaldi’s, John’s of Bleecker St., or say DiFara 10 times out of 10 over deep dish. Gotta have that proper char on the crust too!

But, we have talent coming in next year, I am told. Time for a change.
Your a top 10 poster on this board.
Cmon on man.
You know what is being said and this hasn’t been said.
Please man don’t frame strawmans.

Deep dish? Really? Oh man, Chicago is probably favorite city in the country and I can’t do it even there. I’ve tried Giordanos, Lou Malnatis, etc., but it is just lasagna in a pan to me. I’ll take a coal fired brick oven slice from Grimaldi’s, John’s of Bleecker St., or say DiFara 10 times out of 10 over deep dish. Gotta have that proper char on the crust too!

Lasagna in a pan sounds awesome!

He expects them to win 25 games next year. Which we should, given all of the experience we return, and the class coming in.
I was referring to the “it’s time to go in a new direction” comment. I think it’s premature to even suggest anything like that. This year has been a struggle because of losing TT last minute and then the rash of injuries. We lost last night in part because both our centers are injured and limited. Hard to be the defensive stalwart we’ve been without our big guys in the middle.

But yes, we need to have a very good team next season—and it needs to be the start of a new run of sustained success. I think it will be.

Your a top 10 poster on this board.
Cmon on man.
You know what is being said and this hasn’t been said.
Please man don’t frame strawmans.
I know exactly what has been said. You said 23 wins and 8 losses is not good, with the talent we have coming in. As another poster pointed out, KY is 17-9 this year with all the talent they have. That's 7 seed range.

Talent alone doesn't guarantee a certain number of wins. 23 wins in the regular season and 2-4 post-season wins is a reason to force him out? Not for me. It is for you. That's fine. Nothing anyone says here matters.
upload_2018-2-15_18-9-8.gif

Well, then I guess all I can personally hope for is that Buddy doesn't redshirt...lol

Guys marek isn't going anywhere...he has himself a cuse cheerleader gf...altho I guess if she's a senior and done after this year he could leave...otherwise he stays...ya know

Guys marek isn't going anywhere...he has himself a cuse cheerleader gf...altho I guess if she's a senior and done after this year he could leave...otherwise he stays...ya know
I would wait to see which one of the cheerleaders it is...

You aren’t the Director of Athletics for Syracuse University. You have no clue.

Also sorry I don’t pass your standard of fandom.
Just because I don’t worship at the altar of Jim Boeheim doesn’t mean I can’t be a diehard Orange supporter.

If you want to refund all the money I have spent I will calculate it for you then you can talk to me about frustration.
That money is a sunk cost.

Spending money doesn’t make a fan in my book and it doesn’t entitle you to anything. You spent that money to be entertained.

What I am sure of is that random internet posters don’t get a vote in anything. Not who coaches, who plays, or what plays are run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom