Give us your top 5 realistic next HC | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

Give us your top 5 realistic next HC

Jim Mora Playoffs GIF
When it expands to 12 it’ll be easier for Syracuse to get in than say Mississippi State with the expanded SEC. Obviously not likely, but more likely. If in 2018 there was a 12 team team playoff we’d be right on the verge.

An impartial look at the Syracuse coaching position
Yeah, they are entertainers, and I didn't like hearing everything they had to say. But it was interesting to me.

There are positives about the SU job. Namely, the only P5 job in the State. Unlike Wake, a comparable school. Anyway, fwiw

cover 3 discusses Babers and SU job

An impartial look at the Syracuse coaching position
Yeah, they are entertainers, and I didn't like hearing everything they had to say. But it was interesting to me.

There are positives about the SU job. Namely, the only P5 job in the State. Unlike Wake, a comparable school. Anyway, fwiw

cover 3 discusses Babers and SU job
Never heard of these guys. They make some good general points but also made some statements that don't really make sense (assumptions). Also the one guy not knowing how to say Babers name made me disregard anything he said following that point. If you don't know how to pronounce Dino Babers name after he's been an FBS coach for over a decade, I can't take you seriously when it comes to commenting on college football.

My dream coaching staff. The all Italian American squad:

HC: Nunzio Campanile (what a strong Italian last name)
OC: Tommy Devito Sr
DC: Bo Pelini
ST: Bob Casullo

11/22/23 - Sports Illustrated / Apple News

Here’s what we’re hearing from industry sources as the infamous Black Sunday looms.

Syracuse: It’s very early in the process for a Syracuse program that opened on Sunday, and it’s a program that is near the bottom of the Power 5 in terms of desirability when you consider location, resources, and recent history.

As one coach told SI: “You need to be different there, it’s a hard place to recruit to.” It’s unclear if former co-OC Sean Lewis would return given he is one of the most promising branches from the coaching tree of former head coach Dino Babers. The same goes with former Syracuse defensive coordinator Tony White. Buzz around Lewis remains despite the fact he was surprisingly demoted from his offensive coordinator role on Colorado's staff in early November.

One intriguing candidate flying under the radar this cycle is Jason Candle, whose Toledo Rockets have won 10 games in a row after a two-point loss to Illinois in Week 1.

One name with interest is Kentucky offensive coordinator Liam Coen, who has numerous ties in the northeast. Another northeastern name to note from the FCS ranks is Bob Chesney, whose Holy Cross Crusaders are likely to miss the FCS Playoffs this year after a steady climb since he’s been in charge—which included a 12–1 record and quarterfinal run last season. There is also Yale coach Tony Reno, whose Bulldogs have won four Ivy League titles, and two outright since he’s been there.

John says he doesn't want to 'narrow' the pool but then 'narrows' the pool by wanting a Northeast guy. He's not necessarily wrong (said history is a great teacher) but, it's also a different world than it once was. Football is better in the south and at every level. The coaching pool in that region is larger and better. It's deflating to limit ourselves to this Northeast criteria.

Last edited:
Another name I’m hearing is Jeff Stoutland, current O-line and Run Game Coordinator with the Eagles who was a former position coach at Cuse, also coached under Nick Sagan at Alabama.

Another name I’m hearing is Jeff Stoutland, current O-line and Run Game Coordinator with the Eagles who was a former position coach at Cuse, also coached under Nick Sagan at Alabama.
Did we talk to him or did u hear he has any interest cause he would be my 1 if possible Chesney 2

I don’t disagree but if we could get him here. Woooo. Damn that would be awesome. chesney I really like, but if Jeff came here I really think we could get some solid nfl prospects to come here. I would also look into the oline guy from Tampa. He is really good and lives in Elmira. We have some really good candidate. More so than I thought we would.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom