Give us your top 5 realistic next HC | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Give us your top 5 realistic next HC

Ok here you go everyone. Have at it. Here’s your list right now. And again this is not an opinion. These are the 2 names on it. It will continue to grow.

Tony White
Jim Knowles

Knowles getting huge support from some prominent former players. I don’t see it. But there ya go

Why would he get huge support from prominent former players? I see no SU connection at all. I also wouldn’t be surprised if this wasn’t Herms wish list.

Fire Dino today and make Mullen an offer tomorrow. If he refuses move to Sean Lewis. He is about to get a HC somewhere.
Dude do you live in a fantasy world?
It would be ironic to say the least
mark could be part of the staff if they hired the o coordinator from KU

Why would he get huge support from prominent former players? I see no SU connection at all. I also wouldn’t be surprised if this wasn’t Herms wish list.
Knowles was a disaster as the HC at Cornell on and off the field. He’s a clown. Syracuse can and should do much better. I’d rather stick with Dino than hire Knowles.

I wish Addazio weren’t a psycho because I’d take him.

Agree. They are either going to be serious about this or we will be seeing Dino on the SU sidelines next fall.

Red has created enthusiasm in a dead program. And has a stacked team
A stacked team that is unranked and predicted to finish towards the bottom of the acc. Good think you’re not a recruiting analyst.

Syracuse keeps doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results. Hire Robinson because of NFL ties, but no connections to Northeast. Hired Marrone which showed promise. But he was also an NFL guy, who didn’t realize how much he would hate the college game and recruiting. Not to mention the lack of facility promises. Then he was offered an NFL head coaching job. So we settle for Shafer. A lifelong coordinator. Again, no head coaching experience. So then we hire Babers who didn’t stay at jobs for more than 2 years. His offense was something that we loved, but he never had to sustain success at a school, he would always be successful with the prior coaches players and then jump ship. Never having to sustain success with recruiting.

We need to start from the ground. This job needs an experienced head coach that has built a program in the northeast before.

This program is not ready for another first time head coach or a coach that jumps program to program.

We need someone that is familiar with the disadvantages that the north east presents. We need someone that has relationships in this area. Someone who can hit Jersey, Pennsylvania, DC hard. Someone who has faced challenges building a program from nothing into something.

Once that guy has come and put in the work. Maybe he will leave, but then we can hire someone to take over and keep the train rolling. I just believe this job is too much for a brand new coach right now, we need more.
This is the model su needs to follow. The hire needs to be a northeast guy

Plus isn’t even that important now? We should be focused mostly in the portal we will never be a big players in high school recruiting
It is important because it’s a culture. A northeast guy knows the lay of the land and the challenges associated with getting players in the northeast. He also has connections with northeast recruiting. Anyone can recruit in Florida but it’s getting that Florida kid to come to Syracuse is the challenge.

Knowles was a disaster as the HC at Cornell on and off the field. He’s a clown. Syracuse can and should do much better. I’d rather stick with Dino than hire Knowles.

Luckily if this is the pick I’ll know we aren’t serious about even being mediocre and I’ll have just freed up Saturday’s for the rest of my life.

Syracuse keeps doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results. Hire Robinson because of NFL ties, but no connections to Northeast. Hired Marrone which showed promise. But he was also an NFL guy, who didn’t realize how much he would hate the college game and recruiting. Not to mention the lack of facility promises. Then he was offered an NFL head coaching job. So we settle for Shafer. A lifelong coordinator. Again, no head coaching experience. So then we hire Babers who didn’t stay at jobs for more than 2 years. His offense was something that we loved, but he never had to sustain success at a school, he would always be successful with the prior coaches players and then jump ship. Never having to sustain success with recruiting.

We need to start from the ground. This job needs an experienced head coach that has built a program in the northeast before.

This program is not ready for another first time head coach or a coach that jumps program to program.

We need someone that is familiar with the disadvantages that the north east presents. We need someone that has relationships in this area. Someone who can hit Jersey, Pennsylvania, DC hard. Someone who has faced challenges building a program from nothing into something.

Once that guy has come and put in the work. Maybe he will leave, but then we can hire someone to take over and keep the train rolling. I just believe this job is too much for a brand new coach right now, we need more.
This is why when a guy like Al Golden was mentioned, I was positive about him. Not because I think he’s the greatest of all time or some kind of innovator, but because he can walk into a coaches office in New Jersey and they already know who he is. He’s built a program and he’s been adequately successful in other stops. He’s the kind of coach who can at least keep us competitive. That’s really all we can ask for at this point. He maybe could even build us into a team that can challenge every once in awhile. Plus, he may be “gettable”.

These other coaches being tossed out from North Dakota, etc. it’s crazy talk. We go through this every time. Recruit the Northeast, grab some southern kids, hope for 8-4. That’s the formula.

Luckily if this is the pick I’ll know we aren’t serious about even being mediocre and I’ll have just freed up Saturday’s for the rest of my life.
I get Tony white but it’s a sad state of affairs when su is at this point and we only have two names on a list and one guy was a failed Cornell coach. This university will never change. Cash checks and do the bare min.

Ok here you go everyone. Have at it. Here’s your list right now. And again this is not an opinion. These are the 2 names on it. It will continue to grow.

Tony White
Jim Knowles

Knowles getting huge support from some prominent former players. I don’t see it. But there ya go
Doing the Lords work. Thanks

He’s clueless. I’m sorry, legendary player but his takes on the AD/HC over the years have been crazy. If it was up to him Addazio or Kevin Rogers would be running the wishbone offense here in 2023.
Addazio runs a pro set. I’ll take him and his 7-5 with the same basic recruits we get. I don’t know, I like winning teams.

I see Rob Konrad is on Twitter sharing links on an article regarding Steve Addazio.
If Steve Addazzio gets guys like Konrad to put down seven figure donations for the program or NIL, then put the onus on them to make the commitment to his contract or buyout

Addazzio is not popular here but he would solve the OL issue, and he knows the landscape.

He checks a lot of the boxes that some people are looking for.

We would be looking at 5-7 win seasons, and he'd do stuff that drives us nuts, just less often than Dino.

Addazzio won 9 games his first year as a head coach and never won more than 7 games a year after that.

Not if you read articles why he was removed as play caller for Colorado. Not a good look.
Yeah that might be true. But Lewis wasn’t the problem, they managed to get about 170 fewer yards than their season average last night and everybody was dragging Deion for making a bad decision. People who know ball think Lewis is a great OC and is going to get a shot at HC for a P5 team very soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom