Give us your top 5 realistic next HC | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Give us your top 5 realistic next HC

Ok here you go everyone. Have at it. Here’s your list right now. And again this is not an opinion. These are the 2 names on it. It will continue to grow.

Tony White
Jim Knowles

Knowles getting huge support from some prominent former players. I don’t see it. But there ya go
So 2 guys who have never been HC’s?

Yippee.

Mullen doesn’t like recruiting. Was one of the reasons Florida fired him. We need the hire to be opposite of that. I’m obviously Doug Marrone or bust, but assuming he doesn’t come back i would go right after Garret Riley. Just judging by pedigree he will be good and we would finally see what the Dome was made for… an air raid offense.

Another name that interests me is Ja’Juan Seiders. Ties to Fla and the NE and known as a great recruiter.

Otherwise Tom Herman should be the first call.
So you want Marrone who supposedly hated recruiting but you don’t want Mullen because he supposedly hated recruiting…..

I think you’re conflicted here :)

Ok here you go everyone. Have at it. Here’s your list right now. And again this is not an opinion. These are the 2 names on it. It will continue to grow.

Tony White
Jim Knowles

Knowles getting huge support from some prominent former players. I don’t see it. But there ya go
I’d honestly never heard of Knowles before and I just read enough about him that I’m all aboard the Tony train. Haha.

Curt Fitzpatrick, SUNY Cortland

All he has done is win and win big

Plus he would not be a big drain on the money end

Bull thanks for sharing. To be clear these are just the initial names? No one is suggesting these are the only names that will be considered correct? I am saying that as we will invariably get posters saying these are the only two, Syracuse stinks and is cheap. Yadda, yadda...yadda, yadda.

Pretty sure whoever it is will be meh at best on its surface which will make the next 2-3 years seem like a decade

no faith at all in SU finding the right guy

If they are going for a SUNY Cortland guy I’d prefer Mick Foley.
kevin-james-king-of-queens-zz-230927-368fe6.jpg

Bull thanks for sharing. To be clear these are just the initial names? No one is suggesting these are the only names that will be considered correct? I am saying that as we will invariably get posters saying these are the only two, Syracuse stinks and is cheap. Yadda, yadda...yadda, yadda.
These are just the initial names that are going to get interviews when the time comes. The list and search will continue to grow. The Sean Lewis situation will be one to watch at colorado. But the list will grow

Jim Knowles former Cornell Head Coach with a 26-34 record. Shoot just keep Dino and have Wildhack stand in front of a mirror and fire himself. SMFH
Agree big time. He’s not the answer

These are just the initial names that are going to get interviews when the time comes. The list and search will continue to grow. The Sean Lewis situation will be one to watch at colorado. But the list will grow
I agree if we really want to truly upgrade our situation,

Last edited:
Agree big time. He’s not the answer
The fact that he’s even on the list is really deflating.

I mean what is the thought process here?

We need to make a splash and win over the fan base…I’ve got it! Let’s hire a guy with no FBS HC experience and who in his only HC stop had a losing record at Cornell.

Ugh.

Tony White
Jim Knowles

Knowles has HC experience but didn’t exactly kill it at Cornell, Tony is obvious. Thank you for posting this Bulldog, I would prefer Tony over Knowles but I hope this list grows

Tony White
Jim Knowles

Knowles would be the end of SU FB forever. The guy did not do well his 1st HC go around and Duke's D always stunk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom