Give us your top 5 realistic next HC | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Give us your top 5 realistic next HC

Where his wife from? That’s a key element. If shes from the south or Texas forget about it. They aren’t leaving Boca Raton for Syracuse. Dude still getting $ from Texas as well I would imagine

Getting money from Texas still would help us. It’s clear he want to coach still because he took a job with Florida Atlantic. If he is hungry to get back to P5 then of course he was leave Boca Raton. Not like he is old looking to retire in Florida and just taking a job to take a job.

Maybe Pete Carroll can recommend someone... like maybe a coordinator from a Super Bowl Champion team?

I actually do agree that some NFL background is a plus in terms of gameplans, clock management, practice plans, in-game adjustments, etc. Dick MacPherson had NFL experience, and obviously so did Marrone.
To be fair GRob improved the D his first year and brought in some nice talent. The rest was a cluster effe.

Maybe I should also add prior HC experience and/or an O mind. Having a prior NFL D guy won’t help create an advantage on the O side and that is where we need help.

FAU’s Tom Herman‘s contract has a $2.5M bouyout.

Do you honestly believe that SU will pay a $2.5M to FAU to hire Herman?

Somebody was mentioning the QB coach from Cinci Bengals as a candidate. Local guy as well.

It’s not insane, he’s building a nice resume. The harbaugh running game would be nice
If he has a good plan during the interview, I rather take a chance on him vs an OC or DC from a name school. I also think an NFL guy would be more loyal.

Yes especially if he starts on a low contract like he has at Florida Atlantic. Not like he will cost 5 million a year plus a 2.5 million dollar buyout

Hell no. Next…

I like Herman and Mullen but I don’t see either coming to coach here

which is why I see a young, hungry, talented blue blood coach like Mike Hart is a realistic option.
I don’t think Hart is not a bad outside the box hire. He was on staff here so he understands limitations. My concern is that most of his playing and coaching career have been at Michigan which is not super comparable to SU and he would be a first time head coach. I think he could be a good first time OC hire.

Ya you’re right. Not SU’s style to to pay to upgrade the program

New football operations center
New facility connecting the dome to the Barnes center
New roof
New scoreboards
All new seating
Updated interior decor
New lighting inside and out
Air conditioning
Upgraded internet
Increased coaches salaries
Greatly increased staff
More focus on fund raising and increased fund raising staff
Further future improvements

New football operations center
New facility connecting the dome to the Barnes center
New roof
New scoreboards
All new seating
Updated interior decor
New lighting inside and out
Air conditioning
Upgraded internet
Increased coaches salaries
Greatly increased staff
More focus on fund raising and increased fund raising staff
Further future improvements
All overdue and they had to be forced to do this. These upgrades aren't voluntary.

Alright let’s hear em

Give us your tip 5 REALISTIC next HC to take over if/when Dino is fired
I was in a business meeting and we started talking football at one point and someone who said he knew one of the candidates mentioned in this thread said that there was active dialogue in 2022 between this candidate and SU. Do not know exact timing.

No idea if true or not.

Since McNabb left campus we have had maybe 4 good years of O. That is 25 seasons and only 4 good Os. I wouldn't be surprised if SU is the worst P5 O by a good margin over those 25 seasons. On top of that we have had a winning conference record in only 4 seasons since 2001.

Hard for anyone to have hope or optimism right now. Even with a new HC a good amount of fans will be in wait and see mode due to the above. Every time we seem to be about to turn a corner, the program let's the fanbase down. Fool me once is in effect.
I'm sure this is an insightful post, but I couldn't get past the fact that McNabb has been gone for 25 years. Holy crap we're old!

I hate to say this but I could probably talk myself into Al Golden but I would be disappointed for a period of time.
Why would you be disappointed?

Forced???? LOL.
The continued notion on here and in the Syracuse community that we aren’t serious about athletics is exhausting and just not true. The school continues to spend a lot on athletics. They’re focused on NiL. The overall Board and admin knows that athletics is key to alumni engagement and that sports is key to maintaining brand strength. Applications at all time high. Yield going down. They need athletics to be successful when kids are here. They get it.

Now will they spend as much as Georgia or Florida State? Of course not. But they need to and will be competitive with peer schools and quite frankly, will spend more than a lot of peer schools.

I want to hire the Michigan interim after that.

Their entire team will portal here if we do. Mike Hart OC.
The Mich DC is who I’ve had my eye on to replace Dino for the past few weeks.

The Mich DC is who I’ve had my eye on to replace Dino for the past few weeks.
High ranking assts from the big 10 or SEC are not coming to Cuse. Would think this is apparent.

I think I could support Al Golden, I’m not as high on him as a few other candidates but it’s more in the direction of where we should be going.

I think I could support Al Golden, I’m not as high on him as a few other candidates but it’s more in the direction of where we should be going.
Yeah I’m starting to come around on golden. Or somebody outside the box like Dan pitcher form the. bengals. I think golden could at least hit the portal with some success with guys they recruited at ND.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom