GO CUBS GO!!! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

GO CUBS GO!!!

Its not just that game, its most of these games. The Dodgers/Nats games went 4 and a half hrs, the Red sox/ Indians game went on forever.
Funny how the people who complain, are the ones on their couch.

When the Yanks and sux went for 4 1/2 hours every night in October, I was there and loved it.

Great drama at night.

When the Yanks and sux went for 4 1/2 hours every night in October, I was there and loved it.

Great drama at night.

Thats because the only people who love it are Yanks or Red Sox fans.

Damn, that was a hard loss to take and my gut feeling is the jet lag will creep in tonight. This is probably going to a Game 5.

Tend to agree, Giants are a tough out for sure. Scrappy to say the least. After the home run in the 9th thought we were going to get them. I have a feeling one team jumps all over the other early tonight.

Dragging my arse today..

Great drama at night.

Time was your friend then. Now that you have responsibilities those nights don't work so great.

Time was your friend then. Now that you have responsibilities those nights don't work so great.

I really tried to stay up to watch the game last night, I couldn't. Most people can't stay up to 3 am to watch a game.

Tend to agree, Giants are a tough out for sure. Scrappy to say the least. After the home run in the 9th thought we were going to get them. I have a feeling one team jumps all over the other early tonight.

Dragging my arse today..

I expect the Cubs offense will massively struggle tonight. Need an A+ start from Lackey to close it out. If I had to guess as to which Cub saves the day offensively, I think it'll be Fowler. He's been seeing the ball really well, making good strong contact, but just keeps hitting it straight to the defense.

True, but didn't last nights game start at like 945 or 10??

Goung into that, I knew I wouldn't make it.

I had yesterday off, I had seen more than enough nonYankee baseball to last a lifetime anyway.

I had yesterday off, I had seen more than enough nonYankee baseball to last a lifetime anyway.

They need to start these games earlier, love having a game at 4 or 5 pm.

I tapped out at 11:15. The last two Nats games took about 8 and half hours start to finish.

The Giants neatly finished on Sunday a little over 3 for comparison.

They need to start these games earlier, love having a game at 4 or 5 pm.
I'm sure the people of California will take your New York view on when their home games should start under advisement.

Granted, the world should revolve around us, but sadly, sometimes it doesn't.

I'm sure the people of California will take your New York view on when their home games should start under advisement.

Granted, the world should revolve around us, but sadly, sometimes it doesn't.

I know the world doesn't revolve around us, but that game ended at midnight pacific time.

Absolutely amazing turnaround. I was scratching my head trying to figure out why Bochy pulled Moore, but in the box score I see he threw 120 pitches. It's tough to turn in a performance like that and not get a win. :noidea:SF also left 14 runners on, incl 2-7 RISP. Cubs started scoring when they stopped trying to hit everything out of the yard, and just made contact. SF is not a HR park.

Last edited:
Cubs-win-go-cubs-go.jpg

I'm not going to lie, I had climbed into bed (my bedroom doesn't get MLB Network). I just couldn't stay awake for more after staying up for the 13 inning game the day before. I decided to glance at my phone one last time before dozing off and saw Bryant and Rizzo on base in the 9th and immediately jumped out of bed and ran out to the living room to watch the conclusion. I really can't believe we pulled that one off.

I'm not going to lie, I had climbed into bed (my bedroom doesn't get MLB Network). I just couldn't stay awake for more after staying up for the 13 inning game the day before. I decided to glance at my phone one last time before dozing off and saw Bryant and Rizzo on base in the 9th and immediately jumped out of bed and ran out to the living room to watch the conclusion. I really can't believe we pulled that one off.

I watched the last inning on my IPAD but obviously had moved onto game 5. again another manager who was a slave to a pitch count and wound up losing. I can see regular season as it is such a grind but with the Giants bad bullpen, I don't care if Moore has to miss a start down the road at least you live for tomorrow. I under stand he had the TJ surgery but I bet Moore wanted back out there. Is 10-15 more pitches going to do him in?

At least let him start the 9th. JB should be a baseball manager as he is the king of riding the hot hand. Too may guys playing Billy Beane and watching their laptops. Then he throws 65 pitchers in the 9th. #hindsight I guess

I watched the last inning on my IPAD but obviously had moved onto game 5. again another manager who was a slave to a pitch count and wound up losing. I can see regular season as it is such a grind but with the Giants bad bullpen, I don't care if Moore has to miss a start down the road at least you live for tomorrow. I under stand he had the TJ surgery but I bet Moore wanted back out there. Is 10-15 more pitches going to do him in?

At least let him start the 9th. JB should be a baseball manager as he is the king of riding the hot hand. Too may guys playing Billy Beane and watching their laptops. Then he throws 65 pitchers in the 9th. #hindsight I guess
I didn't watch the game, but sounds like another game that was over-managed into a loss by an idiot in the dugout who has never won a thing. :rolleyes:

I didn't watch the game, but sounds like another game that was over-managed into a loss by an idiot in the dugout who has never won a thing. :rolleyes:

I see your point but you see this happen all too often in today's game and as a Cubs fan, thanks god he did it

I didn't have a problem with it.

but cant say it didn't cross my mind.

I had read & heard that Rags bullpen was shoddy, but I figured he could find a way to get them 3 freakin outs with a 3 run lead.

anywho, they've won too Fn much, glad they out and I certainly didn't want a SF-LA NLCS, the ALCS already sucks.

hopefully the Nats win as a Cubs-Nats series will generate some buzz.

or at least ill be able to antagonize Bayside for a week or so.

I didn't have a problem with it.

but cant say it didn't cross my mind.

I had read & heard that Rags bullpen was shoddy, but I figured he could find a way to get them 3 freakin outs with a 3 run lead.

anywho, they've won too Fn much, glad they out and I certainly didn't want a SF-LA NLCS, the ALCS already sucks.

hopefully the Nats win as a Cubs-Nats series will generate some buzz.

or at least ill be able to antagonize Bayside for a week or so.

Yes exactly that alone would be worth the series...

Agree on the Giants having won too much as well, have a few west cost buddies that are now transplanted Giants fans that I did not care to listen too any longer as well. ( one happens to be my brother) They did receive a text flying the W flag about midnight last night as well to let them know just in case they were not watching while in attendance at the game. I ate a few texts throughout the game last night that they sent my way, as they were already calling a CUBS choke job. Funny when I lived in SF in 1999-2001 I didn't see them anywhere in attendance when I was at the Cubs/ Giants games. shocking

Stomach was already starting to turn with thoughts to game 5

Last edited:
I see your point but you see this happen all too often in today's game and as a Cubs fan, thanks god he did it
Oh, I hear you. Most managers and teams approach the game similarly, until someone deviates from the standard and has success and then others start migrating in that direction. I like what Francona is doing with Miller now, and am rooting for Cleveland for that reason alone. Hope to see the Cubs keep going, too, just because of Maddon and because your franchise deserves it.

Oh, I hear you. Most managers and teams approach the game similarly, until someone deviates from the standard and has success and then others start migrating in that direction. I like what Francona is doing with Miller now, and am rooting for Cleveland for that reason alone. Hope to see the Cubs keep going, too, just because of Maddon and because your franchise deserves it.

Francona and Indians are scary right now, that series should be very interesting. Unless you listen to Mad Dog ( Russo himself) on the radio you wouldn't even know the Playoffs are go other than the Cubs updates

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom