SG Goodine
SF Buddy
PF Hughes
C Marek

Bench
Quincy G
Joe Girard
JBA

He might be. And he tries to keep his head in the game, and just making basketball plays if he misses a shot. But if you do look at his season, if he missed his first couple shots, he probably didn't make one at all that game. He still felt some pressure. He had a tremendous year - better than Andy Rautins as a sophomore, seriously.

I do believe he can sniff the All-ACC team as a junior / senior, and how many coaches' sons are ever that good. I do believe in Buddy. But I also don't want to crush him with expectations next year, just because he IS so promising. Let him grow into the role.

As his dad said, he played 14 minutes a game and averaged about 8 points. That's pretty good. He had one of the best freshman years we have seen.

But let him play 20-25 minutes next year, and he'll probably shoot close to 40% for the whole year, and he'll average 10-12 points off the bench, a couple assists, a couple rebounds and a couple steals. I mean, seriously, that is Andy Rautins as a junior. Buddy is that good next year, trying to keep expectations reasonable.

Physically, Andy had a redshirt year, plus his sophomore year, before he became what Buddy should be next year. But if we think Buddy is going to play 30-35 minutes a game next year, he's going to get tired, because his athleticism and fitness isn't at that level yet. He won't shoot close to 40%, he might shoot 32% because he'll be worn down and will have a target on his back from opposing defenses. He can't run off screens yet like Cooney could, or like Andy could for that matter. But he's getting there.

Goodine is good. Carey is good. Hughes is good, averaged 14 points and 35% from three, shooting twice as many threes as Buddy. He will probably be our best player next year. (I am truly impressed, by the way. I didn't think he would be this good.)

Girard can shoot from anywhere, but I'm not sure if he can guard anyone, even in a zone, unless it's against Colgate, Eastern Michigan or Niagara. Buddy is to be trusted on the floor, but you can't ride that horse too long next year. Take the long view here.
Girard is athletic enough. He just needs to focus more on his defense. He had to score 50 on his team. It’s more a want to than can’t.

Goodine, Hughes, Guerrier, Brisette, sidibe/marek will be our best lineup and should be our starters!!!!

Girard is athletic enough. He just needs to focus more on his defense. He had to score 50 on his team. It’s more a want to than can’t.

As much saving his energy for offense, his team needed him to score to win, most of the time he was playing against double teams and you have to save yourself to play on offense when continually being doubled. That should not be the case going forward and he will have to use that energy on defense, and I believe he will.

I don’t think Washington will play at all, i wish he would transfer because i don’t think JB has any confidence in his game. Never was really quick before the injury, don’t see it being better post injury
If that were true, JB would be the first to tell him to move on and it would have happened by now.

So many posts with Buddy not starting.

My only question is: Who will be better than Buddy in that spot?

And freshman starting?? I'll believe that when I see it. I remember too well all the great PR by tons of posters last year on how good Carey would be as our starting PG.

Buddy was terrible defensively, had some great offensive games. If his shot isn’t falling he’s useless, doesn’t bring anything else to the table

And freshman starting?? I'll believe that when I see it. I remember too well all the great PR by tons of posters last year on how good Carey would be as our starting PG.
hughes is a better option and think we ll see that by time the season rolls around. Buddy”s defense was awful, if his shot isn’t falling he brings nothing to the table. Goodine will be on the court, he’s got nba talent athleticism!!!! Buddy does not, Goodine shot 47 percent from 3 point land he ll play a lot!

Goodine, Hughes, Guerrier, Brisette, sidibe/marek will be our best lineup and should be our starters!!!!

The last I checked OB is not coming back...?

Posters are preparing themselves for what their attacks will be next year.

Buddy was terrible defensively, had some great offensive games. If his shot isn’t falling he’s useless, doesn’t bring anything else to the table
hughes is a better option and think we ll see that by time the season rolls around. Buddy”s defense was awful, if his shot isn’t falling he brings nothing to the table. Goodine will be on the court, he’s got nba talent athleticism!!!! Buddy does not, Goodine shot 47 percent from 3 point land he ll play a lot!

So 2 guys you’ve never seen play are starters, meanwhile one of the most productive returning players is “useless, except for one thing”.

SMH. This board never learns. Always tossing the players to the wayside for some hope that they’ve hyped up in their minds.

So 2 guys you’ve never seen play are starters, meanwhile one of the most productive returning players is “useless, except for one thing”.

SMH. This board never learns. Always tossing the players to the wayside for some hope that they’ve hyped up in their minds.

Yeah these posters hyping up athletes then the same posters say we recruit just for the zone yet they don’t want skilled players to play because let’s be honest it’s the coaches son.

Then said athlete comes in and turns it over and can’t shoot yet they say said athlete should play. Hypocritical.

Did you watch any games seriously?

Yeah these posters hyping up athletes then the same posters say we recruit just for the zone yet they don’t want skilled players to play because let’s be honest it’s the coaches son.

Then said athlete comes in and turns it over and can’t shoot yet they say said athlete should play. Hypocritical.

Igor hyping up Ethan Cole and then blaming Boeheim used to stand out because he was the only guy doing that stuff.

Now this board is like 40% wannabe Igor’s.

Never seen play watched them both 10 times this year? They were better than half our team this year!!! You have no clue so shut it!

Yeah, I pretty much watch them all.

And I’ve watched people on here claim Dajuan Coleman would dominate and be an all time great before heading to the NBA, before he ever got here. Then he got here and got stripped all the time and couldn’t finish his whole freshman year.

And then Kaleb Joseph was going to be an upgrade over Ennis because he was fast and would push the ball and was our best guard since Flynn.

I’m over the pretending guys we’ve never seen are already good. We’ll see what happens.

Buddy was way better than probably anybody thought he would be. So you never really know. You could at least give him credit for what he did though.

Buddy has a chance to be very good. He needs to work on his handle which is really weak, same with Hughes. Both of them would be so much better if they can develop decent handles.

Buddy has a chance to be very good. He needs to work on his handle which is really weak, same with Hughes. Both of them would be so much better if they can develop decent handles.

Agreed.

One thing with Buddy though...his improvement wasn’t just because he started shooting better. He became more of a threat off the dribble, as he would make that little pullup as the year went on. I was impressed with his overall improvement over the course of the season.

Watched them play high school. Who cares.

“Shut it”? For real? I’ll get on your level for a second...make me.
I will if I see you face to face, but that’s for another day! So ok know it all what do you think our most productive lineup will be next year and why? And then I’ll tell you why I disagree!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom