Goodine starts from day one! | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Goodine starts from day one!

[QUOTE="OrangeDW, post: 2980654, member: 245

One thing with Buddy though...his improvement wasn’t just because he started shooting better. He became more of a threat off the dribble, as he would make that little pullup as the year went on. I was impressed with his overall improvement over the course of the season.[/QUOTE]
For sure. He did improve. Italy will be great for this team. We are fortunate to have an overseas year.

I will if I see you face to face, but that’s for another day! So ok know it all what do you think our most productive lineup will be next year and why? And then I’ll tell you why I disagree!

Ok, I’ll meet you out by the monkey bars.

Don’t patronize me with questions that you don’t really want an answer to.

Ok, I’ll meet you out by the monkey bars.

Don’t patronize me with questions that you don’t really want an answer to.
Actually I was joking I would like your honest answer?

[QUOTE="OrangeDW, post: 2980654, member: 245

One thing with Buddy though...his improvement wasn’t just because he started shooting better. He became more of a threat off the dribble, as he would make that little pullup as the year went on. I was impressed with his overall improvement over the course of the season.
For sure. He did improve. Italy will be great for this team. We are fortunate to have an overseas year.[/QUOTE]

That’s a good point. I believe the last time we had a trip(to Canada?) we started 25-0?

And that grad transfer year and then last year, we had multiple starters not on campus until the school year started. A likely factor in our slow starts, it would seem.

Actually I was joking I would like your honest answer?

I think Buddy gives us 10-12 points on very good shooting and steady play with few turnovers or mistakes.

I think Marek gives about 8 and 6 on average. Games where he has 16 and 12 and games where he has 4 and 4.

I think Hughes give us around 17 and 5.

I hope Jalen can become a factor and give us 10-12 ppg. It wouldn’t shock me if instead he improves a bit and gives us 6-7 ppg before making a big jump as a junior. He has a ways to go.

Beyond that it’s just a guessing game. I have no idea which freshmen will do well, if any.

It would seem Guerrier(if OB leaves) and at least one freshman guard will have the opportunity. Whether they are up to the task remains to be seen.

Guerrier is going to be a star. He is a true scorer. Would love to see him at the 3 OB at 4 Hughes at 2

I think Buddy gives us 10-12 points on very good shooting and steady play with few turnovers or mistakes.

I think Marek gives about 8 and 6 on average. Games where he has 16 and 12 and games where he has 4 and 4.

I hope Jalen can become a factor and give us 10-12 ppg.

Beyond that it’s just a guessing game. I have no idea which freshmen will do well, if any.

It would seem Guerrier(if OB leaves) and at least one freshman guard will have the opportunity. Whether they are up to the task remains to be seen.
I think our problem this year was defense and no one wants to admit it. I truly believe Hughes is too small for backline and it hurt is bad. I think a lineup of sidibe/marek, Guerrier, and Brisette is very strong and good on the boards. Guerrier is a great rebounder, Hughes was not. As for guard I feel goodine comes in and is as good if not better than buddy was as a freshman!!! But that’s just my opinion. I think Guerrier and Goodine will only be here 2 years I think there going to be that good, which is good for Syracuse’s chances next year!!!

I think our problem this year was defense and no one wants to admit it. I truly believe Hughes is too small for backline and it hurt is bad. I think a lineup of sidibe/marek, Guerrier, and Brisette is very strong and good on the boards. Guerrier is a great rebounder, Hughes was not. As for guard I feel goodine comes in and is as good if not better than buddy was as a freshman!!! But that’s just my opinion. I think Guerrier and Goodine will only be here 2 years I think there going to be that good, which is good for Syracuse’s chances next year!!!

I hope you are right on those freshmen.

If the frosh can perform and Carey Buddy Bris take the sophomore leap we will be ok

I hope Jalen can become a factor and give us 10-12 ppg. It wouldn’t shock me if instead he improves a bit and gives us 6-7 ppg before making a big jump as a junior. He has a ways to go.

You now what's crazy about Carey?

He scored 40 out of his 87 points (46%!) over two games at MSG.

Next season we're replacing 45ish points ppg from a team that only averaged 70.

I think Carey's going to fill it up.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see it go something like this:

Carey - 13ppg
Buddy - 12ppg
Hughes - 16ppg
Guerrier - 12ppg
Marek - 11 ppg

Bench - 20 ppg

I hope you are right on those freshmen.
Me too because it will be a very exciting year!!! Big guy is just a lost cause unless we’re getting a transfer which I don’t think we are!!!

You now what's crazy about Carey?

He scored 40 out of his 87 points (46%!) over two games at MSG.

Next season we're replacing 45ish points ppg from a team that only averaged 70.

I think Carey's going to fill it up.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see it go something like this:

Carey - 13ppg
Buddy - 12ppg
Hughes - 16ppg
Guerrier - 12ppg
Marek - 11 ppg

Bench - 20 ppg
Carey needs to get others involved as well!!!

Last edited:
Yah who would think a 6'6 kid with a decent outside shot should play shooting guard, especially when he averaged a monster 4.3 rpg playing SF ... helping to vault the team into a solid 274th in the nation in rebounding margin. :cool:

NCAA College Men's Basketball DI current team Stats | NCAA.com

1.5 assists per game vs. 1.9 turnovers.

He’s not going to help much with ball handling and playmaking.

You’ve gotta have a good point guard to put him at the 2, IMO.

We tried Andrew White at the 2(below average rebounder, great shooter). It didn’t work out.

1.5 assists per game vs. 1.9 turnovers.

He’s not going to help much with ball handling and playmaking.

You’ve gotta have a good point guard to put him at the 2, IMO.

We tried Andrew White at the 2(below average rebounder, great shooter). It didn’t work out.

To your points: As far as ball handling and playmaking: a) At 14 ppg and .369 from outside, Hughes projects as the best candidate to replace TB at SG. He's more capable of creating his own offense than Buddy at this stage. He needs to be more consistent offensively. Defensively, as a 6'6 pogo-stick, I think he'll be a taller, more athletic defender at the top of the zone than Buddy; and b) I see Buddy as a quality back-up at SG. At 7 ppg and .353, he's more of a catch-and shoot scorer who depends on a PG. Goodine may see spot time at SG also, depending on his readiness level. PG will probably be a Carey, JG3, Washington mix.

Another advantage of Hughes at SG -- is that it returns OB and MD to the front line at 6'8 and 6'10. MD can pass from the FTL to set up shooters, and his natural position is forward. On the other side, OB is a much better rebounder than Hughes. We'll need need their size at F to help fill Chukwu's shoes. Guerrier and Bras can sub in for either spot.

In the middle, I don't see us being competitive with the upper half of the league with Sid and JBA (or MD playing C). Sid has not played well enough to lock down a starting role, and JBA is brand new (although many are saying he's the real deal). So unless Sid makes a miraculous turnaround or the staff expects JBA to have an immediate impact, I see us going after a GT.

Last edited:
Buddy was terrible defensively, had some great offensive games. If his shot isn’t falling he’s useless, doesn’t bring anything else to the table
hughes is a better option and think we ll see that by time the season rolls around. Buddy”s defense was awful, if his shot isn’t falling he brings nothing to the table. Goodine will be on the court, he’s got nba talent athleticism!!!! Buddy does not, Goodine shot 47 percent from 3 point land he ll play a lot!

Goodine has not played one game of college, to say he is NBA talent at this point is ridiculous.

Goodine has not played one game of college, to say he is NBA talent at this point is ridiculous.

That’s all I was saying earlier.

There was 1 and done talk for Carey a year ago.

Doin waiters with a way better jump shot!!! And great handle!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom