Gottlieb still thinks we can make Final Four | Syracusefan.com

Gottlieb still thinks we can make Final Four

bnoro

Lurker
Says if we press we have the depth to get there.

almost like he's setting himself up to say i told you so. he knows jb doesnt change. won't happen.

Funny thing is, we can also get to the Final Four without the press (though it's crazy that we don't press more often).

We're talking about Fab Melo, not Derrick Coleman, not Arinze. This is the guy who averages like 8 and 6. The guy who can't get a defensive rebound to save his life. The guy who's been playing matador defense ever since he returned from his first hiatus. The guy who misses half his layups.

I'm not saying he wasn't a valuable part of the team, but if he's the difference between a Final Four team and a first weekend flameout, this team wasn't so good to begin with.

Impossible is nothing - no?

Says if we press we have the depth to get there.

He's absolutely right. Play four guards and press like hell.

Funny thing is, we can also get to the Final Four without the press (though it's crazy that we don't press more often).

We're talking about Fab Melo, not Derrick Coleman, not Arinze. This is the guy who averages like 8 and 6. The guy who can't get a defensive rebound to save his life. The guy who's been playing matador defense ever since he returned from his first hiatus. The guy who misses half his layups.

I'm not saying he wasn't a valuable part of the team, but if he's the difference between a Final Four team and a first weekend flameout, this team wasn't so good to begin with.

Impossible is nothing - no?

This is the best post I've read since the news broke. He wasn't playing that well since he returned. X-Mas is nowhere close to Riley, and this team is deeper than the 10' team.

Some perspective is needed here. All is not lost.

I'm not convinced but I'm feeling better. Maybe the shock is starting to wear off. A victory now would be all the more sweeter considering its just one more layer of adversity for the team.

If Rak.. blocks a few shots.. grabs a lot of rebounds and finishes bunnies around the hoop... who knows.. I agree Fab has not played quite as well.. not as quick off his feet. Rak looked stronger against UConn.. who knows...biggest thing Fab gave us on offense was his size and ability to create space for the guards .. he has been setting lazy picks of late. just gotta lace em up and see what happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom