Gottlieb thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Gottlieb thread

He said "Jay, do you actually think Syracuse is one of the top two teams in the nation?" That statement to me means it is a no brainer to him that they are not. I don't think that's the case.
I, for one, thank god that in the unlikely event that chalk holds, it looks like UK and UNC will have to face off in the semis, and that SU will avoid having to play both

Congrats, Skurey. You started this thread as a joke, and it has become the most-commented upon of the day even following a scintillating victory over one of our most hated foes

well done, I give you 50 unofficial likes.
And by the way, I have never, not once commented in a Gottlieb thread until today because I typically think it's all just talk. As I said, I actually think he's a pretty good analyst, and has a solid radio show that I love to listen to. The absolute certainty with which he asserted SU is definitely not one of the top two teams in the country shocked me. Not because I disagree, but because I disagree with it being a certainty.

I, for one, thank god that in the unlikely event that chalk holds, it looks like UK and UNC will have to face off in the semis, and that SU will avoid having to play both
True.

That's one drastic interpretation. You're looking for things that might not actually be there. He merely said he's not sure we are a top 2 team, he never said "pointedly" we aren't.

Jesus, we are so freaking sensitive and read so much into everything said about us. It's absurd.

And even if Gottlieb honestly doesn't think we are a top 2 team...so the hell what? How does that actually impact any of us, or this team? Is he not entitled to his opinion, simply because his opinion doesn't mesh with yours?

Congrats, Skurey. You started this thread as a joke, and it has become the most-commented upon of the day even following a scintillating victory over one of our most hated foes

well done, I give you 50 unofficial likes.

i do my best

By the way, all of this "so and so beat so and so early on so it doesn't really count" crap is just that: crap. If the tables were turned, we would be livid that people were discounting a win against a big name opponent simply bevause it happened early in the season.

That's hard to argue with. But don't you think it's fair to expect more out of a prominent national analyst? I expect message board homers to be hypocrites. You know that DG would be quick to heavily discount a 1pt win in the Dome vs UNC in December. Even the Uconn fans can see we're being trolled FFS.

That's one drastic interpretation. You're looking for things that might not actually be there. He merely said he's not sure we are a top 2 team, he never said "pointedly" we aren't.

Jesus, we are so freaking sensitive and read so much into everything said about us. It's absurd.

And even if Gottlieb honestly doesn't think we are a top 2 team...so the hell what? How does that actually impact any of us, or this team? Is he not entitled to his opinion, simply because his opinion doesn't mesh with yours?
I don't give a either dude. And I think you're wrong that it wasn't pointed. He made a point (I just went back on the DVR and listened to it) to say "Jay, do you really think SU is one of the top two teams in the nation?" To me, that means he thinks it's absolutely obvious. I disagree with that, and said it on a forum. I know it's wrong to state that on a forum, because that's not what a forum is for, but I guess I'll just have to suspend myself for a couple of days for that breach of etiquette.

This is what bothered me about what he said today. "Syracuse can win the National Title because the best team doesn't always win" . So even if we prove him wrong by winning the NT, he has that statement in his back pocket. You can't win for losing with the guy.

Gottleib is a know it all. And know it all's only think there is one way to do things. Their way.

Boeheim is a moneyball master. He plays the odds and it doesn't always look good, but he wins. And every year he gets a little bit better at it. Doug is the dude running around saying it doesnt pass the look test. He's an idiot.

Today was the perfect example. If you look at a small sample of time in the first half Calhoun may have been out coaching boeheim. It may have made our system look silly, but he adjusted and went after the UCONN bigs. Oriaki gets 4 fouls and we turned the game around. That's strategy and it might not have looked great to dougie but it worked.

To jekelish and Poppy Hart: That ban didn't last long. Gottlieb just talking at half of Cincy and G'Town. He was much more measured, made good points, and sounded like an analyst when talking about our chances. God work on his part after an awful performance at halftime of our game ;)

Why do the Gottlieb apologists care about the opinions of those who don't share their love for lil' Dougie?

I am not a Doug apologist, really, I just get driven nuts by the fact that every time Doug opens his mouth, there's a brand new thread talking about it. It gets really old, really fast.

I am not a Doug apologist, really, I just get driven nuts by the fact that every time Doug opens his mouth, there's a brand new thread talking about it. It gets really old, really fast.
Is this the poster you have in your room?
doug.jpg

The funniest thing about this thread is that it reached 5 pages already.

Seriously people, this one man really does it for you?

The funniest thing about this thread is that it reached 5 pages already.

Seriously people, this one man really does it for you?
ahh yeah.

It's not just this. The hypocrisy is overwhelming. He says UConn is good enough to make it the third weekend yet we beat them in Storrs in MSG and three times and our only good away is Florida (whom everybody beats). He's a tool.

Your selective interpretation is really a delight.

Gottlieb said that Connecticut is talented enough to play through the third weekend but will likely lose during the first weekend.

I'm with this. I don't like Doug at all, much less love him. He's rude.

He's also right.

Here's the thing: when people go out of their way to talk about Doug, or anyone else who they perceive to be slighting us, this is all I can think of:

steve_buscemi_billy_madison.png

dont waste your time with poppy. hes never gonna change. its his message board schtick. hes never gonna say something positive about a current syracuse team. every single one if his posts will have a negative spin. he'll give every other team in the country the benefit of the doubt except his supposed favorite team. for some reasob he takes it personal if you say sonething good about syracuse or something bad about another team.

my favorite poppy post was in the game thread of the butler game after we took a 4 point lead on kjo's dunk and butler called to. everyone is going nuts, and poppy chimes in with some sarcastic comment like "why are u so excited i thought we were gonna blow them out?" i think even bluecurtain would be excited at that moment
Great post. Sometimes I think poopyhart is Doug . The only advice for Clockwork Orange is to keep up the faith. If SU isn't the 2nd best team I've seen this year then I don't know stuff about hoops, kinda like Moqui. This team can play at any pace and that quality is vastly underrated.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk

I think it is a valid point . . . toss out the RPI and SOS

Your honor, toss out the rape and the murder...moqui you are SOOOOOOOOOOOO much better Than this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom