Gottlieb thread | Syracusefan.com

Gottlieb thread

lil' twat is trolling yet again...

did he forget to shave and comb his hair this morning?

Why doesn't he name his Top 5?

Getting ready for him and Jay to go out it again. Funny when Jay said they are 30-1 Doug lol

He laid it on a little thick, but I can't really disagree with his main point, which is the fact that we haven't really looked elite lately. We've been winning, but we haven't looked like we are on another level.

UNC stock goes through the roof by beating Duke. nice

That was tense - all 3 seemed ready to go at it. lol

Honestly, Doug has some valid points. He wasn't saying we aren't good, but we haven't looked elite and unlike UK, UNC, MSU etc, we haven't really been tested against elite competition. You can't argue with that.

The only thing he said that I thought was a little over the top was when Jay asked if we can win the title, and he said "Of course, the best team doesn't always win."

Gottleib made some decent points... Still hate him though... Tirico was ready to kick his as*

Gottlieb has a h**d on for Syracuse. He's a little twit. Fails to mention SOS, RPI, wins against top 50, nothing... just, they played them all at home. So did Kentucky. You idiot.

I'm sorry but Doug's hate is getting comical. If we lost to Florida St by 30 he would bring it up EVERY chance he got. With UNC its like the game never happened. I used to laugh when we all hated on Doug every time he said something remotely bad about Syracuse...but this is just a joke now. He genuinely can't accept that we are a top 5 team.

Jay just said Dion reminds him of Dwyane Wade, and Doug said "good call." What an .

Honestly, Doug has some valid points. He wasn't saying we aren't good, but we haven't looked elite and unlike UK, UNC, MSU etc, we haven't really been tested against elite competition. You can't argue with that.

The only thing he said that I thought was a little over the top was when Jay asked if we can win the title, and he said "Of course, the best team doesn't always win."

Yeah, I had no problem with what he said really - we blow teams out for a half, but never dominate entirely. You see UK, UNC, etc...blow people out all the time. Plus, they have played each other, so assessing them against each other is easier.

He said he wasn't sure about us. Fair enough.

its all such a circus.. no one mentions how Vandy.. played UK tough at home.. and a third UK-Vandy Matchup would be similar to a third SU-UK matchup. UNC dominates duke at home.. despite having some nailbiters in other games.. and they are now playing elite? Its such a waste of a breath. UConn has an emotional lift from JC.. and has a third shot at us. It should be a competitive game. We have played 1 game in the past week and a half. Hope to see the intensity go up a few notches in the 2nd half.. and see UConn's legs start to show it being the 3rd game in 3 days.

Yeah, I had no problem with what he said really - we blow teams out for a half, but never dominate entirely. You see UK, UNC, etc...blow people out all the time. Plus, they have played each other, so assessing them against each other is easier.

He said he wasn't sure about us. Fair enough.
Exactly. He's not saying we aren't one of the best teams in the country. He's just saying we don't always play like we are, our half court offense is suspect (it is), and we haven't been tested by another great team yet.

Honestly, Doug has some valid points. He wasn't saying we aren't good, but we haven't looked elite and unlike UK, UNC, MSU etc, we haven't really been tested against elite competition. You can't argue with that."quote]

How have those other teams looked elite? It's all perception based on the name of the opponent... UNC beat a duke team which has been getting criticized for weeks. Duke couldn't hit a 3.. and unc ran away with the game. Now they're elite. ha.. it happens every year with unc. MSU just got crushed didn't they? UK's conf blows.. but that's ok. Then there's the Cuse who's only loss is without their starting center who makes a very big difference, as seen in the si.com article. These guys are a joke... we are truly underated. good for us though.

Wonder if he'll knock other top teams for their lack of a transition game :noidea:

He's just trying to get a rise out of the SU fanbase at this point.

He's a , let him fall off a bridge.

I'd like to hear his Top 5. If he's not sure about SU, then let us know who is "elite".

Stop with the candy ass, wishy washy comments ("I'm not sure", "SU can win the title...the best team doesn't always win"), and come with it, thief.

somehow i included my response in the quote.. lets try that again

How have those other teams looked elite? It's all perception based on the name of the opponent... UNC beat a duke team which has been getting criticized for weeks. Duke couldn't hit a 3.. and unc ran away with the game. Now they're elite. ha.. it happens every year with unc. MSU just got crushed didn't they? UK's conf blows.. but that's ok. Then there's the Cuse who's only loss is without their starting center who makes a very big difference, as seen in the si.com article. These guys are a joke... we are truly underated. good for us though.

its all such a circus.. no one mentions how Vandy.. played UK tough at home.. and a third UK-Vandy Matchup would be similar to a third SU-UK matchup. UNC dominates duke at home.. despite having some nailbiters in other games.. and they are now playing elite? Its such a waste of a breath. UConn has an emotional lift from JC.. and has a third shot at us. It should be a competitive game. We have played 1 game in the past week and a half. Hope to see the intensity go up a few notches in the 2nd half.. and see UConn's legs start to show it being the 3rd game in 3 days.

I think part of it is that you look at those two teams and you see the NBA All-Star weekend rookie game next year running up and down the court. You don't see that with us - and we haven't played one of the other "elite" teams (admittedly, there aren't many). It's easy to see the "it" that they have, with us it's the zone and moxie. Much harder to quantify for an analyst.

Now, UK has played a schedule, but they have that UNC game - we have Florida.

We're 30-1, going to win the NC, just enjoy when Doug ends up being wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom