Grade the Big East so far | Syracusefan.com

Grade the Big East so far

PoppyHart

All American
The conference has admittedly outperformed my expectations. I'd give it a B/B-, pending the Cincy outcome. A Cincy win and I say B+.

Only lost three games they "shouldn't have" based on seeds (Gtown, USF, and ND), and only one game they shouldn't have (USF vs. Temple)

We're a couple games away from having 7 teams in the S16. ND can't beat Xavier? They play Lehigh in the 2nd round if so. USF should have beaten Ohio, and Gtown had NCSt.

Felt like USF had that game today. The technical on the dunk absolutely destroyed any momentum they had. I think the dunk put them up 4 and then they gave up a 10-0 run including 4 straight FT misses. I would say they definitely disappointed because they were clearly good enough to win. GTown? What can you say? That was horrible. Marquette is looking really good, I think they have the best chance to continue on.

Based on seeds the BE should have get 4 teams in the Sweet 16. If Cincy wins it will make up for the Gtown loss. Right now they're a little behind expectations.

Have to get at least 1 team to the final four too.

Way to go GTown, how do you lose to NIT State? Was that their first top 50 win? Pathetic. USF was doing fine until the T for hanging on the rim. Hate that call. At the start of the day thought the BE would get 5 into the 16. Now looks like 3. OK not great. I'm hoping FL St. beats Cincy and then takes out OSU.

Screw the Big East.

acc%20logo%20resize.jpg

I rarely come to the Syracuse board, but I recognize you are your posts and god almighty you are like a broken record. Why are you so anti-Big East?

Cognitive dissonance. They went from rooting for Big East teams to do good in the tournament to help the conference, to "screw Big East". It's childish, I have great respect for Big East teams regardless, I'll keep hoping you guys do well, just not as well as us.

I rarely come to the Syracuse board, but I recognize you are your posts and god almighty you are like a broken record. Why are you so anti-Big East?

For the same reason we're abandoning that shitshow. You would too, but, well, you can't.

He means that UConn would leave the Big East like we did if you ever get an invite. There is a whole lot of hatred for the Orange on your board. Do something about that and you can question su2nasa.

He means that UConn would leave the Big East like we did if you ever get an invite. There is a whole lot of hatred for the Orange on your board. Do something about that and you can question su2nasa.

It has nothing to do with that. I don't care that he hates UConn. As a Syracuse fan, I would be shocked if he didn't.

What I don't understand is how this guy hates the Big East so much. I'm not questioning the move, I'm not questioning whether UConn would leave now (we would), I just don't get the animosity in every single one of su2nasa's post about the BE/ACC.

Most Big East fans have hated the ACC forever and now that you're leaving I can see embracing the new conference, just seems weird to pull a total 180 and hate on the old conference that provided you so many memories the past 30 years. That's all.

There really isn't any reason t hate the big east at all other than from a football standpoint...and that's all because of marianato

It has nothing to do with that. I don't care that he hates UConn. As a Syracuse fan, I would be shocked if he didn't.

What I don't understand is how this guy hates the Big East so much. I'm not questioning the move, I'm not questioning whether UConn would leave now (we would), I just don't get the animosity in every single one of su2nasa's post about the BE/ACC.

Most Big East fans have hated the ACC forever and now that you're leaving I can see embracing the new conference, just seems weird to pull a total 180 and hate on the old conference that provided you so many memories the past 30 years. That's all.
I actually have rooted for the Big East teams in this tournament. Old habits die hard.

As favorites, the BE has lost to 10, 11 and 13 seeds. Embarrassing.

As favorites, the BE has lost to 10, 11 and 13 seeds. Embarrassing.

I get the sense you're trolling me to bring up the Duke loss to Lehigh, but in any event I'll play along.

Since when is a 7 vs 10 loss and a 12 vs 13 loss 'embarrassing'?

Georgetown as a 3 should have beat NC State I agree with you there.

4 teams in the Sweet 16 (should be 5 if USF doesn't get two bogus Ts called against them). Not a bad showing.

Syracuse, Louisville, Cinci, and Marquette. Four different styles, and four historical programs. The Big East did just fine, and I am glad UConn and G-Town are watching from home. Go Orange!

I get the sense you're trolling me to bring up the Duke loss to Lehigh, but in any event I'll play along.

Since when is a 7 vs 10 loss and a 12 vs 13 loss 'embarrassing'?

Georgetown as a 3 should have beat NC State I agree with you there.

4 teams in the Sweet 16 (should be 5 if USF doesn't get two bogus Ts called against them). Not a bad showing.

Trolling you? What are you talking about? I wasn't addressing you.

Trolling you? What are you talking about? I wasn't addressing you.

The other posts in the thread we're addressed towards me in regards to the Big East so I assumed your post was as well.

Posting those seeds without any context is pretty disingenuous. No?

The other posts in the thread we're addressed towards me in regards to the Big East so I assumed your post was as well.

Posting those seeds without any context is pretty disingenuous. No?

1. If I was addressing you, I would have quoted your post.

2. Since I didn't quote any post, means I was replying to the OP.

3. I didn't mention seedings, I mentioned as favorites. And the BE lost as favorites to 3 double digit seeds. That's a fact.

The whole idea of hating a team or conference is way beyond me .. however I do love all things ORANGE!! LGO! LGO! LGO!

It's easy to hate the BE or at least the administration. They screwed up this conference every chance it got by bending over backwards for the basketball onlies and ND. Why should someone like SU be in love with the BE? We ARE the BE and Marinara, Trainedgeese and even Gavitt to some extent gave SU the bird. If it was good for Providence, it was good for everyone. That was the BE office motto.

3. I didn't mention seedings, I mentioned as favorites. And the BE lost as favorites to 3 double digit seeds. That's a fact.

You also said it was "embarrassing". The only loss that is even close to embarrassing was Georgetown's.

Duke and Mizzou should be the ones that are embarrassed.

I actually have rooted for the Big East teams in this tournament. Old habits die hard.
I have too. And have, out of habit, rooted hard against ACC schools. I am going to be a conflicted dude the next few seasons.

You're right, ton of great memories in the past 30 years. But over the past nine months our program been called traitors, pedophiles and drug addicts. Somehow when Syracuse does the right in suspending Fab, big east fans rip us as being out of control.

My friends and I were personally harassed at the Rent over the ACC move and I expect the same thing to happen at Rutgers this year.

We also got to see Big East fans whining that we should have lost to UNCA.

Everyone in the big east wants us to lose. Why would we cheer for the big east when everyone in the big is giddy over our "demise?" The only reason I can come up with is that it makes our dominance over the conference this year look that much better.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom