Grant gone according to inside source. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Grant gone according to inside source.

not surprised, our track record with guys returning is pretty much god awful. cj and who else? maybe hak coming back for his senior year but i cant remember if there was serious talk of him leaving.

Just making the tourney should really excite the fan base.
Don't take my comments as being satisfied. I am just being a realist. Maybe without expectations we can overachieve and make the sweet 16. I just have no expectations even with Grant next year. We have 1 PG on the roster and have Gbinije as the backup. We can't compete for a NC with that as our PG situation.

CorduroyG said:
not surprised, our track record with guys returning is pretty much god awful. cj and who else? maybe hak coming back for his senior year but i cant remember if there was serious talk of him leaving.

Christmas thought he'd be ready to leave his freshman year.

At best
You realize how bad the bubble has become right? I get your frustrated and I know you know how bad the bubble is with how many games you watch. We are a tournament team without Grant we just aren't a NC contender for the first time since 2008.

Alsacs said:
You realize how bad the bubble has become right? I get your frustrated and I know you know how bad the bubble is with how many games you watch. We are a tournament team without Grant we just aren't a NC contender for the first time since 2008.

Yup, SU lost in the tourney to a team that was on the bubble late in the season.

BJ needs to hit the weight room big time and get ready to play meaningful minutes at the three. There is such a logjam at the 2, so this might present the young man with a golden opportunity for court time.

Well, this is a fine way to start the weekend.

orange79 said:
Well, this is a fine way to start the weekend.

And we can top it off by watching UConn win in the Final 4 tomorrow!

If we go 6-3 at home during conference plays, 4-5 on the road. That is 10-8 in the ACC and then lose less than 3 non-conference games we are a lock for the NCAA tournament. People who feel we are a bubble team are rightfully upset in the heat of the moment. Grant owes Syracuse nothing if he leaves early 2 years isn't that bad in today's college basketball.

I am not upset as even with Grant we aren't a NC team so without him the season won't have as high expectations. I just want to have fun and next year I will be calm.

If we go 6-3 at home during conference plays, 4-5 on the road. That is 10-8 in the ACC and then lose less than 3 non-conference games we are a lock for the NCAA tournament. People who feel we are a bubble team are rightfully upset in the heat of the moment. Grant owes Syracuse nothing if he leaves early 2 years isn't that bad in today's college basketball.

I am not upset as even with Grant we aren't a NC team so without him the season won't have as high expectations. I just want to have fun and next year I will be calm.

Looking at this roster if Grant doesn't come back I dont think that its far fetched. Remember Lville is coming in, Duke and Unc have loaded incoming classes.

Short of my wife banging Ajou Deng this is as low as i have felt in a long time.

Awful lot of talent coming in and on that bench.

And if it is 2006 or 2007 again for a year, it'll only be for a year.

Briancuse said:
Looking at this roster if Grant doesn't come back I dont think that its far fetched. Remember Lville is coming in, Duke and Unc have loaded incoming classes.

Let's not kid ourselves.

Grant gives us some hope.

It's a really down year without him.

We might be playing Duke and Lville twice next year, we will have to play Unc on the road, that could be 4 losses right there.

There won't be much of a bench with eight guys.

Let's not kid ourselves.

Grant gives us some hope.

It's a really down year without him.

I agree that it doesn't look like we're competing for a title, but we will still have lots of talent. I actually think we will surprise a lot of people next season. Expectations would be low, and Boeheim tends to do his best work when that is the case.

I mean this with respect, but I wouldn't wipe my ass with this original post... What are we basing this off of???!!!

Anyways, if he doesn't come back, it will be a long year but hopefully a lot of positive developments will occur with the opportunities a lot of these young players would get. Next one up! Next year might be a long year...everyone should be prepared for that, just hope to see IMPROVEMENT come march and not digression like this year... go cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom