Grant of Rights | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Grant of Rights

WV.jpg

Delany increased the payout to his top-tier teams by conscripting the hapless cable subscribers of NJ and MD. He could care less about the quality of the athletics programs floundering in his food vacuole.

This is true but it was also done to send a message to ND and a warning shot to the ACC. I have zero doubt the Big 10 hierarchy is less then thrilled with today's developments and lets be honest outside of Maryland Lacrosse both of the incomign athletic departments are an absolute disaster right now especially Rutgers.

I think I would prefer to have both Lville and Maryland. Arb - is Maryland a done deal for the B1G or is that still a potential loose end (Arb - take that as a new code word if you cant outright say it)?

The funniest thing is, The Dude was quoted as saying (just a day or so ago) that the ACC loses 4-6 teams at the minimum. Whoops! The WVU fans on their board are turning against him. It's beautiful.

I wonder if the Big12 try and add BYU and Cinci to get to 12 teams for a championship game or if their request for a championship game with 10 teams gets approved.

The funniest thing is, The Dude was quoted as saying (just a day or so ago) that the ACC loses 4-6 teams at the minimum. Whoops! The WVU fans on their board are turning against him. It's beautiful.

I wonder if the Big12 try and add BYU and Cinci to get to 12 teams for a championship game or if their request for a championship game with 10 teams gets approved.

They're screwed. They got a sweetheart deal, they're already being paid as if there was a championship game. Doubt they would see a bump in the payouts by adding anyone still on the table.

Conference realignment Screwees:
Cincy
UCONN
Rutgers
Maryland
West Virginia
Feel sorry for Cincy - the others not so much.
(Do feel sorry for my good UCONN friend/booster.)

Delany increased the payout to his top-tier teams by conscripting the hapless cable subscribers of NJ and MD. He could care less about the quality of the athletics programs floundering in his food vacuole.
Has this actually happened? I know that is the theory, but have the cable companies actually added the BTN? Maybe it's because I live in Austin and most people here still don't have the Longhorn Network, but there is a big gulf between having a local school on a cable network and getting the cable company to charge all local cable customers for it. Hell, there was a big fight with the cable companies and the YES network a few years ago, and the Yankees are a helluva lot more popular than Rutgers football.

Conference realignment Screwees:
Cincy
UCONN
Rutgers
Maryland
West Virginia
Feel sorry for Cincy - the others not so much.
(Do feel sorry for my good UCONN friend/booster.)

The Boneyard realignment board is a wonderful read right now lol

Is it me or are Florida State fans truly delusional (as a group)? It seems like they are pretty skewed when it comes to a. their value as perceived by potential suitor conferences; b. The extent to which a few million dollars differentiates in terms of ability of a football program to have high level success (eg comparing the new theoretical ACC contract to the big 12 contract unfavorably). Are they really as crucial as they think they are - or is it just the product of having a few down years for the ACC with virginia tech and Miami not pulling their own weight? Not that it matters now...but their reaction to this is on the annoying side.

Is it me or are Florida State fans truly delusional (as a group)? It seems like they are pretty skewed when it comes to a. their value as perceived by potential suitor conferences; b. The extent to which a few million dollars differentiates in terms of ability of a football program to have high level success (eg comparing the new theoretical ACC contract to the big 12 contract unfavorably). Are they really as crucial as they think they are - or is it just the product of having a few down years for the ACC with virginia tech and Miami not pulling their own weight? Not that it matters now...but their reaction to this is on the annoying side.

They think they should be in the SEC but Florida blocks it before it ever gets even the slightest bit of traction. The B1G care about their academics and FSU does not fit the bill as an AAU institution. Nebraska is already the red-headed step-child there so most aren't too keen on adopting another. The Big12 is just a terrible fit for them and Texas likes keeping it centered around Texas, and UT making the most possible money. Once the ACC-Big12 scheduling alliance, possibly, comes to fruition, UT will then be playing Notre Dame so it was in the best interest of UT to keep the ACC alive. And, FSU staying in it gave it the best chance to do so. FSU really had no other option at the moment. Ironic that in just a short time FSU went from denying the 50 million buyout, to approving the GORs that would all but cripple a school if they left and it was upheld. If they left the ACC, the ACC would still move on but it wouldn't be what it remains today and it would definitely risk schools like GT, Clemson, and UVA to start weighing their options more seriously.

arb or anyone else who might know;

when does this GOR become binding? is it possible the Big10 could still make a move before the GOR becomes "official"?

It is not always a given that I can flat out say what I have been told...however, from another good source the collaborates my usual source, it appears that there was significant negotiation among ACC universities to agree to the GOR...part of this negotiation may result in changes to the present Atlantic and Coastal Divisions structure...so some teams can play others every year....more details to follow.

when does this GOR become binding? is it possible the Big10 could still make a move before the GOR becomes "official"?

They have several industrial grade fans blowing on the ink as we speak. As soon as it dries. ;)

Meanwhile, news out of West Virginia reports that some dude just jumped in his family truckster and is heading south at a high rate of speed. Reports from eyewitnesses said the guy was throwing around FBombs like confetti and kept repeating "Tallahassee, Chapel Hill, Atlanta! All it takes is one! Can't allow the deal to be done!"

July 1st...can something happen between now and then...I deem it 99% unlikely...have been told all universities are as happy as WVU board is unhappy; the Uconn board unhappy, the Louisville board...gosh did we fall into the Derby slop left by horses...all the teams are in it to win it!

July 1st...can something happen between now and then...I deem it 99% unlikely...have been told all universities are as happy as WVU board is unhappy; the Uconn board unhappy, the Louisville board...gosh did we fall into the Derby slop left by horses...all the teams are in it to win it!

Per the first sentence of the ACC press release:

The Atlantic Coast Conference Council of Presidents announced today that each of the current and future 15-member institutions has signed a grant of media rights, effective immediately.

So, July 1st?

Press release mentions "effective immediately". I don't believe July 1st is correct.

Per the first sentence of the ACC press release:

The Atlantic Coast Conference Council of Presidents announced today that each of the current and future 15-member institutions has signed a grant of media rights, effective immediately.

So, July 1st?

I don't think SU and Pitt can sign until July 1. The rest can sign immediately.

It is not always a given that I can flat out say what I have been told...however, from another good source the collaborates my usual source, it appears that there was significant negotiation among ACC universities to agree to the GOR...part of this negotiation may result in changes to the present Atlantic and Coastal Divisions structure...so some teams can play others every year....more details to follow.
You dah man!

So this is a total Fucillo move for us and our future, right?

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE