Greatest gsme in dome history | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Greatest gsme in dome history

I think I've only seen
Our game vs PhiSlammaJamma (FF team previous year, Finalist the year we played them.) Olajuwan was a prodigy and Drexler was MJ and Dr J rolled into one.
Reminded me a lot of this game from a hype and quality standpoint. I remember Carl Eilenberg coming on the P after the game and saying "Ladies and Gentlemen, you have just witnessed a great College Basketball game"
And it was.
I agree.

Only other Dome game I'd put up with that game and tonight's is 1990 G-town game.
Billy Owens fouled at buzzer on desperation shot.
He sends the game to OT and we win by 2.

Don't worry, pretty sure they will be showing this one for decades.

I'm counting on that, The some of the rest of us will get to see it!

I think I've only seen

I agree.

Only other Dome game I'd put up with that game and tonight's is 1990 G-town game.
Billy Owens fouled at buzzer on desperation shot.
He sends the game to OT and we win by 2.

Well...perhaps also 3OT game with Nova for first BE title with Leo Rautins tip in at the buzzer to win it.

Best and most fun I've had in my short career as a season ticket holder. My section stood up the whole game, which never happens.

This is the best from the era of ball I have seen (last twenty years.). Really, Duke just kept plugging away ... at one point I told the folks I was with that it felt like the 'cuse was crushing Duke and they quickly said, "No, they're not!" To me it felt like we were just gonna will this game to victory. And that is what happened.

I'll put it right there with the Georgetown game when Billy Owens was fouled at halfcourt and had to make free throws to put it into overtime ('90?). That one had 4 eventual top 4 picks all in the game at the same time.

one snmall step for mnan, one giant lwep fgor magnkind.

dkrunk.spwellckick it.

(i'm not at all for the editing of all posts per se but perhaps the mods could at least proof read thread topics lest we appear well...unlettered.)

Last edited:
In the euphoria of this win, it seems like the best. If Duke beats us at Cameron and in the the ACC tournament, some of the shine will come off it. And we will remember the 3OT Big East championship vs. Villanova in '81, the '89 Georgetown game where John Thompson was ejected, the triple court storming vs. Pitt in 2003 and maybe a couple others.

The thing about this game was the sustained level of play, both in intensity and efficiency for 45 minutes by both teams. I was probably the best PLAYED game I've ever seen.

dkrunk.spwellckick it.

(i'm not at all for the editing of all posts per se but perhaps the mods could at least proof read thread topics lest we appear well...unlettered.)

We need the capability to edit titled. See "The Downside!"

Our game vs PhiSlammaJamma (FF team previous year, Finalist the year we played them.) Olajuwan was a prodigy and Drexler was MJ and Dr J rolled into one.
Reminded me a lot of this game from a hype and quality standpoint. I remember Carl Eilenberg coming on the P after the game and saying "Ladies and Gentlemen, you have just witnessed a great College Basketball game"
And it was.

Tony Bruin and Drexler had about 4 straight dunks between them, each one answering the other. It was the height of Tony's career.

did you see SU Oka with Tisdale .. ? not the best SU game but a great dunkfest

(!) does bring rather a sense of heightened immediacy to your thread...but not illiterate by any means.
and to answer above if i may . i was at the wayman tisdale game. one man wrecking crew.

Last edited:
This was a great game but the 86 win over #1 Gtown when Pearl hit a 15 foot game winner with less than 10 seconds to go was the best IMO. That game had everything! Patrick Ewing, oranges hitting the backboard and a last second game winner!

That was 1985, and I rank it higher as well.

By far
I think i've been to every big game in the Dome and nothing matches the hype, atmosphere and quality of play in this one. I thought the JT2 3 technical game was the most electric i have seen the Dome until yesterday.

In the euphoria of this win, it seems like the best. If Duke beats us at Cameron and in the the ACC tournament, some of the shine will come off it.

No

Oh My God! What an incredible game. Was almost sick to my stomach the entire game. We got some outstanding play from all our boys!

CJ was the MAN!~ Ennis was ... well Ennis, waddaya expect from the best point guard ever~ And Grant was a freakin MONSTER!! And RaKeeM Christmas has arrived folks! He has become the player we've been hoping he would become.

Congrats to all my Syracuse Bros and Sis's!!!! We RULE BABY

I only get sick to my stomach when the season is on the line in an NCAAT game. This kind of game is pure enjoyment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom