Alan Griffin entering the draft, will sign with an agent | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Alan Griffin entering the draft, will sign with an agent

Doesn't alter the FACT that he got the talk, and was encouraged to move on.

And that the head coach was not sorry to see him go because he was seen as a bit of a head case internally to the program, and also because they felt like the guy coming in is going to be better how good Benny proves to be, whether he's as good as Wes, or Comes anywhere close to it accomplishing what West did in his one year here is completely peripheral to the above.
So when he was walking out the door and we told him to leave anyway? It’s like telling your boss you quit and he fires you.

So when he was walking out the door and we told him to leave anyway? It’s like telling your boss you quit and he fires you.
And that's exactly how it happened in fantasy land.

You can lead a horse to water...

Based on common sense. BE player of the year, All American, best player on one of our programs best team ever. He shot 50 percent from the field, 40 from 3 while playing great defense and being pretty damn clutch. Benny Williams will not do that, sorry.

Wes was highly regarded coming in, sat for a year but still wasn't expected to be an AA coming in. Benny is a freshman so of course you have to consider that as a factor. But to act like you are comparing Wes to a freshman Kris Joseph, which is absolutely how your tone sets it- makes no sense either. If you have a crystal ball for other guys that would make for some easy money please share. I would love know how every player will perform and our exact record.

My main thing is the whole speaking in absolutes. We don't know exactly what Benny will be. He could be that good. He also could be a disappointment which I know those who have had it with JB expect him to get Kadary treatment.

Not trying to be a dick here- and Benny will be likely our second option vs first anyways on a team full of scorers. His defense, rebounding and ball handling will be far more valuable than shooting which we know coming in should be solid.

Last edited:
Wes was 22 years old when he played here though. Hard to see a freshman playing like a 22 year old. Unless he’s close to Melo level.

Benny will be what 19 or even 20 when he gets here right? He is already playing on a post grad team. I get your point but talent is talent - age doesn't always dictate.

Either way it's not unrealistic that he could be a 16/7 and have a block or two guy. His shooting numbers are really good. We will see. As a frosh there is always a range as opposed to a specific expectation.

Anyone want a Griffin jersey?

Screenshot_20210503-141631_Instagram.jpg

You truly have an unteachable talent.

People make bad decisions they have to live with. He will have to when he goes undrafted and is toiling in the g league or overseas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom