Gross needs to resign tonight...(It's back)! | Syracusefan.com

Gross needs to resign tonight...(It's back)!

Jake said:
He is in charge of the athletic department and his wife is on charge of promotions. Get the F out of town tonight. You cannot misspell a FWcking jersey retirement. Leave. Go back to USC.

Still cant believe his wife has a job in the dept. that tells you everything.

What, dare I ask, did we misspell? And I hope to God it wasn't a name.
It was Roosevelt Bouie's name. Spelled it Bowie on his retirement jersey

Last edited:
That is unreal.

My impression from day one was that the Dr. isn't a detail oriented guy. More of a big picture, art of the deal kind.

Looks like he hasn't hired anyone who can handle the small, but crucial day to day stuff very well.

Lot of day late and dollar short with this crew.

The SU AD thought Sam Bowie was getting his jersey retired. That spelling was just shows how much of a chickenchit operation is being run by the AD office. I mean did anybody in the damn office vet the damn casing of the jersey and the person who framed it.
Gross should be ashamed.

GoSU96 said:
That is unreal. My impression is that the Dr. isn't a detail oriented guy. More of a big picture, art of the deal kind. Looks like he hasn't hired anyone who can handle the small, but crucial day to day stuff very well. Lot of day late and dollar short with this crew.

Seems to be a problem on the basketball side of things.

Its really bad, but I think losing your job over it, might be a bit much.
This isn't a PowerPoint presentstion in front of a dozen people in a conference room. This is in front of 30k, national TV and not to mention it's gone viral on social media. An apology is a start but this is isn't the first time this has happened. Truely amateur hour. Shows a lack of detail and a lack of caring about a Syracuse legend. I'm very disgusted and this really bothers me.

Its really bad, but I think losing your job over it, might be a bit much.
I once fired someone for something similar.

When I was at Con Edison, we were kicking off some consumer-oriented program with full-page ads in the NYC papers. The writer of the ad ignored my ironclad rule... and did not check it before it went to press. The phone number in the ad -- rather than being a Con Ed number -- was the number of the Iranian consulate in NYC. Worse than that, the ad ran the day after the Iranians had taken over the US embassy in Tehran.

So, suddenly, the Iranian consulate was getting all these phones meant for Con Edison. And they considered this an act of aggression and said we were part of some US plot. So the next thing I wrote, was an apology to the Iranians.

The writer who failed to check the phone number (by calling it, as per standard instructions)... was unemployed the very next day.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom