Gross needs to resign tonight...(It's back)! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Gross needs to resign tonight...(It's back)!

image.jpg

I once fired someone for something similar.

When I was at Con Edison, we were kicking off some consumer-oriented program with full=page ads in all the NYC papers. The writer of the ad ignored my ironclad rule... and did not check it before it went to press. The phone number in the ad -- rather than being a Con Ed number -- was the number of the Iranian consulate in NYC. Worse than that, the ad appear the day after the Iranians took over the US embassy in Tehran.

So, suddenly, the Iranian consulate was getting all these phones meant for Con Edison. And they considered this an act of aggression and said we were part of some US plot.

The writer who failed to check the phone number (by calling it, as per standard instructions)... was unemployed the very next day.
You have the most interesting stories, honestly what are the chances of that. Good story super spy CTO.

When I was at Con Edison, we were kicking off some consumer-oriented program with full-page ads in the NYC papers. The writer of the ad ignored my ironclad rule... and did not check it before it went to press. The phone number in the ad -- rather than being a Con Ed number -- was the number of the Iranian consulate in NYC. Worse than that, the ad appear the day after the Iranians took over the US embassy in Tehran.

So, suddenly, the Iranian consulate was getting all these phones meant for Con Edison. And they considered this an act of aggression and said we were part of some US plot. So the next thing I wrote, was an apology to the Iranians.

The writer who failed to check the phone number (by calling it, as per standard instructions)... was unemployed the very next day.

Yep that's another rule on our team. I work in an insurance call center so we deal with a lot of phone numbers and extensions. I check them every time.

idots, they must have known, they should have turned both jerseys around and just framed the front until they could get it fixed

There probably isnt anything on the front. They should have left them in the back. Did Gross even know when he looked up at it for the first time. He needed to leave about 3 years ago. Now it is time to Adios.

When I was at Con Edison, we were kicking off some consumer-oriented program with full-page ads in the NYC papers. The writer of the ad ignored my ironclad rule... and did not check it before it went to press. The phone number in the ad -- rather than being a Con Ed number -- was the number of the Iranian consulate in NYC. Worse than that, the ad appear the day after the Iranians took over the US embassy in Tehran.

So, suddenly, the Iranian consulate was getting all these phones meant for Con Edison. And they considered this an act of aggression and said we were part of some US plot. So the next thing I wrote, was an apology to the Iranians.

Joyce I always love reading your posts, but I think comparing an International incident that happened during the Iranian hostage crisis, and a mistake made on a jersey in a basketball program, might be a little unfair.

I've never understood how it's ok that the guy's own wife REPORTS to him. That has never been okay anyplace I've ever worked. It's fine if your spouse is even in the same department provided they are not connected in the chain of command.

This is a fireable offense. There it is, a good reason for SU to move on from a guy who, granted did some good things for SU to move us into modernity but who is clearly not the guy to continue the ascent. This is worse than when he allowed Nike to put their name on the Ernie Davis statue. It's time to move on from DG.

Incredibly unprofessional. Utter incompetence and tremendous embarrassment, exacerbated in light of today's social media channels.

I concur that Gross should be terminated. Unacceptable.

My boss at BankBoston sent out a memo that went everywhere in the bank that had the 800 number incorrect. she sent everyone to a sex line. She didn't last long after that

She doesn't do marketing communications. That is Joe Giasante. Lael's job has nothing to do with this kind of stuff.

Cto- you know people. I'm sure you can speak for the board to whoever is close to this sort of thing at SU, right?

Honestly how hard would it be for an equipment staff to get a 50 jersey hot pressed and have Bouie stitched on the back. This couldn't take longer than a few hours.
Whomever's job was handling this task should be gone tomorrow.

With our AD's recent track record, I'm just glad the jersey they hung was spelled right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom