Gun to my head predictions... | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Gun to my head predictions...

His advisors, people he trusts, Nba teams have probably given the whole we will take you if you are there line 50 times in the past couple of days.

and where do you think his "advisors" would get any info?

Honestly I hope Malachi all the best he was a good player for us. A Final Four run is special and he got us to the Final Four.

He was our 2nd best player this year behind Michael Gbinije and I hope he makes it the NBA. I have doubts right now but with pro coaching who knows.

I wouldn't want him on my team right now as whatever team drafts him is going to have develop his game and that will take atleast 2 years IMO to be a capable NBA rotation player. Pro teams scout way better than college teams and he will need to develop more consistency. He can drive the ball which is a plus but his offensive game isn't fully developed and nobody has a clue how he will do defensively.

I am trying like crazy to come up with NBA comp for the guy. I hope he can develop like Rodney Hood. He went in the 20s 2 years as a Junior and had a good Sophomore NBA year this year with Utah.

If I am Malachi that would probably be best case scenario for him. Hood was older and more developed. I don't see the kid contributing more than Hood has.

The NBA draft is really becoming like the MLB draft. These kids aren't coming into the league ready to contribute to the teams that draft him. They are being picked for 2-3 years down the line to be players with upside.

Not a bad comparison re: Hood. Best case.

From people associated with the league, who have been doing this for a living for years.

so we agree. from the nba teams themselves who have the most knowledge and info.

I like Malachi a lot, but he does lift his pivot foot and travel several times per game.

so we agree. from the nba teams themselves who have the most knowledge and info.

Fair point but NBA teams tell a lot of players a lot of things. Yeah we'll take you at 24 then all of a sudden somebody else they thought would be gone at 15 is still there at 24. Oops sorry about that.

Fair point but NBA teams tell a lot of players a lot of things. Yeah we'll take you at 24 then all of a sudden somebody else they thought would be gone at 15 is still there at 24. Oops sorry about that.

that can happen and does. but who else is going to give you better info?

The question is how much of the info is accurate, we all know these teams lie throughout the whole process.

The question is how much of the info is accurate, we all know these teams lie throughout the whole process.

its better and more accurate that listening to "advisors". is it really that hard to comprehend? why do you think players even attend the combine or work out for teams? i'll tell you what, the advisors are the worst. they're the sharks who only care about their cut.

As I said, the point of NBA draft position had been made ad nauseum, which you apparently agree with--"numerous past threads about NBA draft position." I don't recall anything being said about board content arbiter, cosmic significance, insight drip, smarmy or pedantic. If you're going to defend your posts, then defend them. If you can't, then don't.

Again, who died and left you in charge of board content? Last time I checked, this was a message board. There's no need to "defend" any post I've made in this thread. Rather than responding to your smarmy tone in kind, I DID attempt to explain the post, to provide context that your original interpretation clearly lacked. Remember this?

Unfortunately, said context was ignored by you. Probably because--as previously described--you seemed hell bent on being argumentative and condescending to tell others what topics are acceptable for discussion.

Draft position HAS been discussed "ad nauseum" [your word], across many threads. And yet, numerous posters seem to not grasp nor integrate what the different salaries mean relative to being drafted higher into their perspectives. Not all, but some [this is evident when I see responses that discount the opportunity cost of being drafted in the second round or not being drafted at all in relation to a prospect improving their draft position by returning]. Hence, why I said: "...I don't think SOME understand how the slotted NBA draft salaries work in terms of outcomes for the players."

Whether you feel that this sentence yields earth shattering insight or has been discussed prior to this thread really doesn't matter much to me at all.

All clear now?

Last edited:
Again, who died and left you in charge of board content? Lat time I checked, this was a message board. There's no need to "defend" any post I've made in this thread. Rather than responding to your smarmy tone in kind, I DID attempt to explain the post, to provide context that your original interpretation clearly lacked. Remember this?

Unfortunately, said context was ignored by you. Probably because--as previously described--you seemed hell bent on being argumentative and condescending to tell others what topics are acceptable for discussion.

Draft position HAS been discussed "ad nauseum" [your word], across many threads. And yet, numerous posters seem to not understand nor integrate what the different salaries mean relative to being drafted higher into their perspectives. Not all, but some [this is evident when I see responses that discount the opportunity cost of being drafted in the second round or not being drafted at all in relation to a prospect improving their draft position by returning]. Hence, why I said: "...I don't think SOME understand how the slotted NBA draft salaries work in terms of outcomes for the players."

Whether you feel that this sentence yields earth shattering insight or has been discussed prior to this thread really doesn't matter much to me at all.

All clear now?
PS--By the way, just to avoid any future confusion, I don't that that returning to school to improve draft position is a strategy that will work universally for all players. Some very good collegiate players just don't have an NBA skill [see: Fair, CJ]. Others have limited upside that will only get exposed by returning to school, and thus strike while the iron is hot [see: Ennis, Tyler]. But in some cases, a case can easily be made that returning would benefit their draft position [see: Grant, Jerami and McCullough, Chris and potentially Richardson, Malichi].

There are other relevant factors, as well--the potential for injury, family circumstances, academics, etc. Hence, why we have a message board to debate issues such as these.

not sure of your point. reynolds was BE-ROY and the very 1ST AP not to be selected. how many college players (uninjured) who didn't make at least conference honorable mention in their leagues have been selected in the first 2 round of the NBA draft ?
that's gotta be a very short list and very long odds.

I am contemplating starting a thread called "Bottle to my head predictions", but I am worried it might not be as popular, though I was way ahead of the curve on some of this.