Gun to my head predictions... | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Gun to my head predictions...

You seem to weigh the traditional benefits of staying in college which are largely irrelevant to a player with pro aspirations. All that matters is how it affects his employment prospects. If he suffers a bad injury then he's got nothing. If it turns out the UVA game was a highwater mark and he struggles soph year then what?

You seem to not be able to wrap your head around the idea of him getting better, do you know how many players make a huge leap in their games as a sophomore?

That just isn't true, I have been watching sports for a long time, and I can't tell you how many times I have seen a professional team lie about what they were going to do in the draft. Agents don't care, you think they get bent out of shape over being lied to? They lie plenty of enough on their own.

Sounds like he should stay through his senior year because he'll never know for sure when he will be drafted.

You seem to not be able to wrap your head around the idea of him getting better, do you know how many players make a huge leap in their games as a sophomore?

Sorry pal but they like ya more when you're a freshman than when you're older. The more they watch you the less they like you. You need to wrap your head around that.

That just isn't true, I have been watching sports for a long time, and I can't tell you how many times I have seen a professional team lie about what they were going to do in the draft. Agents don't care, you think they get bent out of shape over being lied to? They lie plenty of enough on their own.

And you know exactly what they said that would make it a blatant lie? I don't think so.

Sorry pal but they like ya more when you're a freshman than when you're older. The more they watch you the less they like you. You need to wrap your head around that.

So did Nba teams Like Buddy Hield more after his freshman year than they do now? What about Kris Dunn?

Nevermind. This is a useless exercise. I've posted the article and/or the quotes about 3-4 times and Ox posted it also.

And there are going to be 500 more articles out there before the draft.

And there are going to be 500 more articles out there before the draft.

And what's that got to do with what nba guys said was the reason for mali shooting up the charts?

And what's that got to do with what nba guys said was the reason for mali shooting up the charts?

Because what does this article mean on May 15th, these teams are going to change their mind 30 times between now and the draft.

Because what does this article mean on May 15th, these teams are going to change their mind 30 times between now and the draft.

My god man. You really are butt hurt by Mali leaving.

You keep saying he wasn't on anyone's radar and I keep pointing to an article that says why he is now. I don't care if there are 500 more articles, it doesn't change what the nba said as to the reason he's now in the convo when he wasn't during the season.

My god man. You really are butt hurt by Mali leaving.

You keep saying he wasn't on anyone's radar and I keep pointing to an article that says why he is now. I don't care if there are 500 more articles, it doesn't change what the nba said as to the reason he's now in the convo when he wasn't during the season.

No I'm really not, I just question the decision. The bottom line is no one is going to no for sure until the draft, you can't tell me my opinion is wrong, or say for certain he made the right decision.

So did Nba teams Like Buddy Hield more after his freshman year than they do now? What about Kris Dunn?

Works both ways. That's the gamble I was referencing in previous posts.

No I'm really not, I just question the decision. The bottom line is no one is going to no for sure until the draft, you can't tell me my opinion is wrong, or say for certain he made the right decision.

If he had an ironclad guarantee that he would be taken with the 23rd pick in the draft and therefore decided to go- would that be a mistake in your opinion?

If he had an ironclad guarantee that he would be taken with the 23rd pick in the draft and therefore decided to go- would that be a mistake in your opinion?
If he had gotten an iron clad guarantee of that nature it would have happened already. I'm sure we will know if and when he signs with an agent.

You keep talking in circles like I said. What I bolded has NOTHING to do with the post you replied to about the article. You've done a LOT more than just question his decision to go pro.

I'm done.

The "right" decision is the one he gets to make for himself. We all make decisions and this one is his to make. If you think your opinion should supersede his right to self-determination, then I do think your opinion is wrong. He has the potential to thrive in the NBA. How & when he chooses to get there is completely up to him.

There is no such thing as an irconclad guarantee 5 weeks from the draft.

Hypothetical question. Assume for argument's sake that it was BULLETPROOF. Your advice then- stay or go?

This thread is ridiculous, he has decided to leave and will most likely be a first round pick, and if he's not that's on him. As a fan I wish him the best and know this is the nature of college basketball. Does it hurt the team losing him yes, but we are a top program, we will be fine.

If he had gotten an iron clad guarantee of that nature it would have happened already. I'm sure we will know if and when he signs with an agent.

Hypothetical. I'm just trying to get at where BrianCuse would sanction MR leaving. Lottery, teens, twenties etc.?