Gun to my head predictions... | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Gun to my head predictions...

This is bleeping frustrating What coaching staff.
8 scholarship players is a joke. Unbelievable. I honestly didn't think our offense could get worse but right now this offense is the worst on paper of all of the last 5 years. We have sucked on offense since 2012.

Thompson does nothing to help 2016-2017. I doubt we have any mystery recruit its all hot air. No kid is committing and signing without appearing on campus. If the deadline is Wednesday then be prepared for another bubble year and hope Battle is the real deal.
:confused:

Yep, get ready to be below Duke, Louisville, UNC, UVA, and Miami once again...

I wish we could hold off using Battle and Lydon and keeping them for 2017-2018.
Coleman/Chukwu/Roberson/Howard/Moyer may get us if we are lucky 20 PPG.
Battle/Lydon/Gillon will have to average 45-50 PPG among them.

Next year's team like the past few is going to be offensively challenged and this team will be the most offensively challenged of the recent teams.

Every April, Syracuse is going to be loaded next season and then ... it's scramble to field a complete team. No one could have known that Dion MCW Ennis Grant McCullough Malachi would go pro or that Buss BJ Chino Kaleb Player X would be a bust or that Diagne Bryant Player Y wouldn't suit up for the Orange ...

Despite getting to the Final Four (twice!) in the last five seasons, it'd certainly be nice to put together a few jawdropping teams and win it all (or even be the best team in the ACC). This program seems to be on a knife edge and could go either way depending on how 1-2 things shake out.

lmao some of the reactions and off-season "takes" around here are just really something else :rolleyes:

OMG OMG WE DIDN'T GET A RECRUIT WE WANTED WE'RE GOING TO SUCK!!!!!

I don't think we are going to suck, but I don't think we are going to be top 5 in the ACC either.

We have serious offensive question marks.

lmao some of the reactions and off-season "takes" around here are just really something else :rolleyes:

I don't know how you can look at a 7.5 man roster and think:
whenaplancomestogether.jpg

I don't think we are going to suck, but I don't think we are going to be top 5 in the ACC either.

We have serious offensive question marks.
I'm actually confident next year's team will be better offensively than this past year's. The only real ? for me is the defense at the top of the zone - but I'm confident that: Battle will adjust quickly, Frankie will have worked his butt off over the off-season, and Gillon's quickness/experience will make up for his lack of height.
Care to make a gentleman's bet about top-5 ACC?

I'm actually confident next year's team will be better offensively than this past year's. The only real ? for me is the defense at the top of the zone - but I'm confident that: Battle will adjust quickly, Frankie will have worked his butt off over the off-season, and Gillon's quickness/experience will make up for his lack of height.

If the roster stays as it is, or we just add Thompson, I'll take that bet.

If we add "mystery man", i think we have enough pieces.

I wish we could hold off using Battle and Lydon and keeping them for 2017-2018.
Coleman/Chukwu/Roberson/Howard/Moyer may get us if we are lucky 20 PPG.
Battle/Lydon/Gillon will have to average 45-50 PPG among them.

Next year's team like the past few is going to be offensively challenged and this team will be the most offensively challenged of the recent teams.
Not yet

Cusefan0307 said:
If the roster stays as it is, or we just add Thompson, I'll take that bet. If we add "mystery man", i think we have enough pieces.

Yeah, at the moment, this is 19-21 win team. As good as our front court may be, can't underestimate the loss of two fifth year seniors in the backcourt and Malachi.

Thompson won't help much, but he will provide depth, insurance and experience going forward.

Gbinije was huge for us this year. He covered a lot of crap.

Battle may be more talented but he won't be as poised as Michael Gbinije was. We only have 3 guys who I think can put in the ball in the hoop.

I think we will be a bubble NCAA tournament and could do damage if we make it.

When we play Roberson and one of Coleman/Chukwu we will be playing 3 on 5 offensively. If Howard doesn't improve his shot then it could be 2 on 5.

If we developed more depth we could have won it all these past 5 years. Our team has been good but it has relied on defense. We go every game with a run where we don't score. Next year we will have only Howard back as a guard and two other guys who have to prove it at Syracuse.

I just don't get the coaching staff this offseason. Losing Malachi is fine that kid is going first round but the staff had no backup and this mystery recruit who I know who it is isn't coming here and wouldn't even fill the need of the position we need depth at.

We haven't had a full roster (including sanctions) for a few years now. It would be nice to have 10 or 11 contributing players on the roster, not 7 or 8.

7.5?
Coleman. To me he is an either or guy and dem knees are always going to be a question mark. If he was the 3rd center/PF on a team with 10 guys it wouldn't be a big deal. But the team is shorthanded, with no real SF, and a question mark at C (who could be in foul trouble a lot). Lydon, Battle, and Gillon are going play 38 mpg.

next year could have been the most stacked team ever.. but SU never keeps players that should stay. anyways, this past year proves that anything can happen in the tourny, and next years team will have a better regular season

You really can't get away with a 6 or 7 man rotation in college basketball these days. No one has had any real NCAAT success doing it, except for this dinosaur coach I've heard talked about, and I'm pretty sure he's all just a myth anyway.

next year could have been the most stacked team ever.. but SU never keeps players that should stay. anyways, this past year proves that anything can happen in the tourny, and next years team will have a better regular season

This is the life of a Syracuse fan.

Coleman. To me he is an either or guy and dem knees are always going to be a question mark. If he was the 3rd center/PF on a team with 10 guys it wouldn't be a big deal. But the team is shorthanded, with no real SF, and a question mark at C (who could be in foul trouble a lot). Lydon, Battle, and Gillon are going play 38 mpg.
yep, sure if you want to look at it that way, have yourself a blast.
Interesting you don't mention Roberson, Moyer, or Howard. They're just stiffs taking up space, right?