Gun to my head predictions... | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Gun to my head predictions...

Hypothetical. I'm just trying to get at where BrianCuse would sanction MR leaving. Lottery, teens, twenties etc.?
A guarantee to be the first player selected, plus guarantees to be taken first in the MLB draft and the 2017 NFL draft might possibly be enough for him.

A guarantee to be the first player selected, plus guarantees to be taken first in the MLB draft and the 2017 NFL draft might possibly be enough for him.

Don't scare me. My Eagles would probably select him. If they had a first round pick. :(

Shut this thread down. People can be disappointed that Richardson is leaving but the kid has handled it perfectly. He hasn't burned any bridges and was a huge piece that got us to the Final Four.

These kids don't owe Syracuse University or us fans anything except to stay out of trouble and play hard. Malachi was a good kid, he played hard and out of position for a team that needed him to play SF when he is a SG. The kid played hard and was instrumental in our win over Virginia.

It isn't his fault the NCAA porked us on scholarships and JB/Coaching staff weren't more proactive in adding more guards.

This kid obviously heard what he needed to hear from the NBA scouts/GMs. He will get paid to develop and good luck to the kid.

Doesn't anyone for a moment think that the information that Mali is getting directly from NBA teams may be a little bit better than what we are hearing third hand through bloggers who may or may not be getting their information directly from someone who knows?

Shut this thread down. People can be disappointed that Richardson is leaving but the kid has handled it perfectly. He hasn't burned any bridges and was a huge piece that got us to the Final Four.

These kids don't owe Syracuse University or us fans anything except to stay out of trouble and play hard. Malachi was a good kid, he played hard and out of position for a team that needed him to play SF when he is a SG. The kid played hard and was instrumental in our win over Virginia.

It isn't his fault the NCAA porked us on scholarships and JB/Coaching staff weren't more proactive in adding more guards.

This kid obviously heard what he needed to hear from the NBA scouts/GMs. He will get paid to develop and good luck to the kid.

Whats the reason for shutting it down? I'm not reading through almost 30 pages to find out

rrlbees said:
You keep talking in circles like I said. What I bolded has NOTHING to do with the post you replied to about the article. You've done a LOT more than just question his decision to go pro. I'm done.

I'm glad the two of you aren't operating motor vehicles around each other. I'm concerned it could have ended like this:

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...rage/houston-road-rage-video-is-insane-051516

We're all one big Orange family and no one wants this amongst us... Let's get Yurt7

Hypothetical question. Assume for argument's sake that it was BULLETPROOF. Your advice then- stay or go?

Yes if he is the 23rd pick, then he made the right decision.

There is no such thing as an irconclad guarantee 5 weeks from the draft.
He wouldn't be the first to receive a guarentee from a team and then they pick someone else on draft day.

I think ultimately it comes down to the individual player. The kid wants to go pro. Some athletes come back to school when they are projected out of the lottery to improve their stock. He might be content being picked somewhere mid to late first rd.

No I'm really not, I just question the decision. The bottom line is no one is going to no for sure until the draft, you can't tell me my opinion is wrong, or say for certain he made the right decision.

Rinse later repeat. I have probably read about 1/2 of the material related to Richardson over the last 30 days. From that, I would estimate you've written 250+ posts. That might be low. And in the 250+ posts, you've expressed 3 opinions: (1) Malachi is listening to the wrong people and making a huge mistake if he leaves early (2) Syracuse needs to change its strategy and start recruiting people who want to be here; and (3) Syracuse is screwed next year without Richardson. And each time someone makes a comment in any way at odds with any of these opinions, you are utterly incapable of leaving it alone, and instead repeat your opinion over the course of several hours and 10+ more posts. To quote the great Dr. Frazier Crane, you are being redundant, you are repeating yourself, you are saying things over and over again. To the point that you've now reached Alan Thicke/IRS territory. You are certainly entitled to your opinions and trust me everyone understands them at this point. Consider not responding to every single post on the topic by saying the exact same thing you've already said dozens of times.

Rinse later repeat. I have probably read about 1/2 of the material related to Richardson over the last 30 days. From that, I would estimate you've written 250+ posts. That might be low. And in the 250+ posts, you've expressed 3 opinions: (1) Malachi is listening to the wrong people and making a huge mistake if he leaves early (2) Syracuse needs to change its strategy and start recruiting people who want to be here; and (3) Syracuse is screwed next year without Richardson. And each time someone makes a comment in any way at odds with any of these opinions, you are utterly incapable of leaving it alone, and instead repeat your opinion over the course of several hours and 10+ more posts. To quote the great Dr. Frazier Crane, you are being redundant, you are repeating yourself, you are saying things over and over again. To the point that you've now reached Alan Thicke/IRS territory. You are certainly entitled to your opinions and trust me everyone understands them at this point. Consider not responding to every single post on the topic by saying the exact same thing you've already said dozens of times.

You make some good points. I agree with Briancuses's opinions only from the selfish standpoint I would like us to have the best possible team. It's all good. Next year we will be fine without Mal. He's positioned himself very well to be a first rounder. If he pulls that off he deserves some credit for getting that done! But he hasn't signed with an agent so I suspect it may not be a done deal. Some NBA team has to give Mal some verbals I imagine before he signs with an agent.

The Alan Thicke/IRS quote literally had me laughing out loud. Nice one!

We better be on the phone with the mystery guy...

I have no confidence in our ability to score with the way the current roster is constructed.

I have no confidence in our ability to score with the way the current roster is constructed.
They likely will have to rely on the defense to generate transition scoring opportunities. There may also be a concerted effort to feed Coleman in the post. But while next season's team will look nothing like the last one, JB still has the pieces necessary for another deep run.

And two others. This is disappointing. Not so much that Yurtse7en didn't commit, but that Syracuse is having a hard time getting players to round out the roster when there is every indication that there will be quite a bit of PT next season and oodles of playing time in 2017. Maybe I'm just a little gunshy after the last few classes. Seems like the team has been one or two players short for a long time. Last season, we got lucky and no one was injured. As of now, '16-17 will have one of the smallest scholarship rosters in a long time.

I've read about the mystery guy. Until I see who this guy is, I have no faith he can do anything. Spill the beans on the recruit or don't bring him up as "mystery guy" ya know?

This is bleeping frustrating What coaching staff.
8 scholarship players is a joke. Unbelievable. I honestly didn't think our offense could get worse but right now this offense is the worst on paper of all of the last 5 years. We have sucked on offense since 2012.

Thompson does nothing to help 2016-2017. I doubt we have any mystery recruit its all hot air. No kid is committing and signing without appearing on campus. If the deadline is Wednesday then be prepared for another bubble year and hope Battle is the real deal.