Gun to my head predictions... | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Gun to my head predictions...

Coleman. To me he is an either or guy and dem knees are always going to be a question mark. If he was the 3rd center/PF on a team with 10 guys it wouldn't be a big deal. But the team is shorthanded, with no real SF, and a question mark at C (who could be in foul trouble a lot). Lydon, Battle, and Gillon are going play 38 mpg.
So you have Howard slotted into the Kaleb Joseph role for 2016-17?

So you have Howard slotted into the Kaleb Joseph role for 2016-17?
If you don't want to actually read my posts, but just make up your nonsense to beat on, feel free to ignore me.

You really can't get away with a 6 or 7 man rotation in college basketball these days. No one has had any real NCAAT success doing it, except for this dinosaur coach I've heard talked about, and I'm pretty sure he's all just a myth anyway.
Our 8 man rotation is already set. Any other additions will be gravy.

I don't understand all of the crying in this thread.

orangenirvana said:
Our 8 man rotation is already set. Any other additions will be gravy. I don't understand all of the crying in this thread.

It's a thin roster.

Real thin.

I could also see JB going small again to generate offense.

5 Lydon
4 Roberson/Moyer
3 Battle
2 Gillon
1 Howard

If you don't want to actually read my posts, but just make up your nonsense to beat on, feel free to ignore me.
Well you said you expect Battle and Gillon will play 38 mpg, so that pretty much chews up all the backcourt minutes.

It's a thin roster.

Real thin.

5 Lydon
4 Roberson/Moyer
3 Battle
2 Gillon
1 Howard
Dude - Lydon didn't come back to be a donkey as the center again.

FrancoPizza said:
Dude - Lydon didn't come back to be a donkey as the center again.

Dude -- I didn't say all of the time. But if Coleman Chukwu don't provide much offense, and you know that will happen, JB will play around with the lineup.

JB won't care what Lydon thinks.

Lydon may wind up a 4 in the pros, so playing the 5 isn't a stretch.

It's a thin roster.

Real thin.

5 Lydon
4 Roberson/Moyer
3 Battle
2 Gillon
1 Howard
I think you will see JB go small at times, but he also has two true centers with very different skill sets who I expect he will utilize quite nicely.

It's a thin roster.

Real thin.

5 Lydon
4 Roberson/Moyer
3 Battle
2 Gillon
1 Howard

There is no way Howard and Gillon will play at the same time.

I'm usually an optimistic kind of guy but news lately (Mal leaving, Yurt not coming, etc.) has me a little disappointed. HOWEVER, if the guy pictured above is the mystery man, I'm feeling good again. We all know he is one heck of a creator with the ball in his hands.

Its been a terrible day for Syracuse.

Briancuse said:

Last year's team needed to shoot 3s. This team is going to have run.

At times, they'll play together.

When Battle is getting a rest? I imagine 10 minutes per game you will have Howard and Gillon paired up.

When Battle is getting a rest? I imagine 10 minutes per game you will have Howard and Gillon paired up.

I'll take it a step further. I think our best lineup with the current roster construction is:

Howard
Gillon
Battle
Lydon
Chuwku

I wish I was more confident in Roberson contributing more offensively next year, but unless he makes some kind of Rick Jackson/Rakeem Christmas senior year improvement, I see him losing minutes to some of the new guys.

I'll take it a step further. I think our best lineup with the current roster construction is:

Howard
Gillon
Battle
Lydon
Chuwku

I wish I was more confident in Roberson contributing more offensively next year, but unless he makes some kind of Rick Jackson/Rakeem Christmas senior year improvement, I see him losing minutes to some of the new guys.

Chuwku will contribute less than Roberson. Both points and rebounds. So in your scenario maybe it should be Roberson in for Chuwku and moving Lydon to the 5.

Howard
Gillon
Battle
Lydon
Chuwku

"Best," meaning what? Defensively? Scoring?

B/C those will probably be two different lineups.

"Best," meaning what? Defensively? Scoring?

B/C those will probably be two different lineups.

Offensively I guess it's Lydon/Roberson/Battle/Gillon/Howard

Defensively, it's Lydon at the 3 with Chuwku/Roberson/Battle/Howard.

Either way I struggle to see how we are good.

Offensively I guess it's Lydon/Roberson/Battle/Gillon/Howard

Defensively, it's Lydon at the 3 with Chuwku/Roberson/Battle/Howard.

Either way I struggle to see how we are good.
Ooo pleaseee