Guys are playing more minutes than their production justifies | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Guys are playing more minutes than their production justifies

I think this is a very young team and that it is very early in the season.

I think that the same “fans” who are frustrated and angry after losses are giddy after wins.

I think the coaching staff is as good as any in college basketball. It’s a tough business with a tremendous amount of competition for talent and a great challenge to accurately assess .how kids will work out in college.

I think it’s easy for fans to sit in their family rooms with a 1/2 empty bag of Cheetos in front of them and complain bitterly about hOw the coaching staff, the players, the AD, the student section and the University have let them down.

Excuse me sir, but I do not have a half-empty bag of cheetos in front of me. The cheetos are long gone. It's the whiskey bottle that's half empty.

Dolezaj got to the line for 10 fts today. He had 8 shots against Virginia (0 fts) on top of 9 boards.
He gets into the lanes defensively and gets a couple blocks usually.

5-22 from our two guards tonight was a much bigger issue. That hung us out about 15 points, on top of the fact that ok state was gifted 8 fouls and a goal tend on their first 10 trips to the paint.

I don't know man. The team was overmatched by a very mediocre team. if okie st is not one of the 2 worst teams in the b12 I'll be very surprised
Pretty sure they were projected 6th in the big 12. But keep it up with false info and studf

Oh sht I’ve been owned.
No owning - just pointing out that you shiz on one coach who virtually invented SU hoops and then shiz on posters who DARE to criticize the GREAT Dino Babers. It’s interesting to me.

"I think this is a very young team and that it is very early in the season."

you just post that you don't trust guerrier who is the only player getting any meaningful bench minutes and then pat the staff on the back for building basically a no depth 6.5 roster. our coaches don't get paid in cheetos. they make millions to put a competitive product on the court. it's obvious by now to everyone but you we have not developed a bench to compete with any tournament quality teams. and that's on the staff.

Pretty sure they were projected 6th in the big 12. But keep it up with false info and studf
false info? I mean yeah maybe they'll end up being a pretty good team, maybe sneak into the tourney, but they dominated us

false info? I mean yeah maybe they'll end up being a pretty good team, maybe sneak into the tourney, but they dominated us
You said bottom 2 team in the B12. Stop with the false info to drive a narrative. This is the same shiz that General Joe does in the Fball boards

You said bottom 2 team in the B12. Stop with the false info to drive a narrative. This is the same shiz that General Joe does in the Fball boards
last year they finished 2nd to last in the league and brought in no significant new talent this year - that's the only info we have

last year they finished 2nd to last in the league and brought in no significant new talent this year - that's the only info we have
They returned all 5 starters iirc from the broadcast. Sometimes teams get better when they all stay togejter

We were horrible tonight and made a mediocre-at-best team look great
And the next time we look great everyone will be creaming in their jeans how good we are

I think this lineup may be an experiment all year.

It took Marek the whole game to figure out that if he’s at center he must pull his defender away from the basket and drive more to make up for the size/rebounding disadvantage. But when he finally did, he missed his foul shots. He does a lot of things well but his passing is not enough to make up for his impotence scoring.

Braswell came in and hit a three, but last game he came in and made 3 mistakes in a row. Then there’s a skinny freshman who shows great length and instincts but is still very raw. Then there’s Sidibe, who while I think he could use some good passes, still remains “serviceable” against better teams. QG‘s strength helps but he is not a good decision maker yet, shooting threes and getting stripped before a layup, poor passing...

As far as the guards go, we seem to have more shooting than usual, but less of everything else. Joe made some beautiful passes tonight. Goodine had two threes rim out. Nobody really got inside effectively. All of them were exposed badly on transition defense.

Needless to say, there is a lot of work to be done. To find the right lineup might be an impossible task this year given the disadvantage we may have at nearly every position.

We have to pray that each player gets better. Maybe a freshman or two figure it out.

He's saying, if you even made the slightest attempt to understand and see what's plain as day, is that this roster lacks good players.
Thank you for this reply

I don’t think anyone could understand that internally inconsistent post. It’s just more complaining to my ear.

It’s sort of like your more direct post, laced with frustration and anger that you think you are entitled to.

imagine how much that guy hates cops.

Every player we threw out there tonight except Elijah and possibly Sidibe had bad games. It is still November. I wouldn’t panic just yet.
Some of this complaining is just crazy.

Nah. Our team isn’t suddenly getting more physical or athletic. There will be some improvement as they gain experience, but I wouldn’t expect some great transformation.This team is what it is — just average. Now imagine this team next year without Hughes.

Still bugs me that Marek just hasn't committed to getting bigger and stronger.

He has. I’m sure he spends a lot of time in the weight room and is on a nutrition plan. But he simply has a body not meant to add much weight. We’re going to have to live with it.

And the next time we look great everyone will be creaming in their jeans how good we are

We’ll look better when we play a lesser opponent with limited athletic ability that can’t take our players off their spots. We’ll look better when we make shots. With Penn State and Iowa and Georgetown and a host of more athletic, physical ACC teams on tap, it’s going to be a challenging task.

I felt when we had the 1st half run Boeheim waited too long to substitute. I think querrier came in at the 7 minute mark. By that time we had lost the lead, got in foul trouble, and looked a bit fatigued.

I felt when we had the 1st half run Boeheim waited too long to substitute. I think querrier came in at the 7 minute mark. By that time we had lost the lead, got in foul trouble, and looked a bit fatigued.
I agree with that. We looked worn out pretty early in this game.

Dolezaj got to the line for 10 fts today. He had 8 shots against Virginia (0 fts) on top of 9 boards.
He gets into the lanes defensively and gets a couple blocks usually.

5-22 from our two guards tonight was a much bigger issue. That hung us out about 15 points, on top of the fact that ok state was gifted 8 fouls and a goal tend on their first 10 trips to the paint.
And he missed most of those FT’s, and shots in the lane.

Perhaps that hand injury is still a factor because he can’t shoot at all this year. It’s a problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom