Guys are playing more minutes than their production justifies | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Guys are playing more minutes than their production justifies

I've not been giddy for what feels like many years with this team.

How about frustrated, angry and or convinced you know what the problems are and how to fix them?

You are basically the Buzz Shaw “Get a life” of posters.

Our problems aren’t hard to identify. If you think the HC has tried to correct them he has done a poor job.

Are you saying you know what the problems are and how to fix them?

Because if you do, you are missing one great opportunity for a big salary upgrade.

By the way, although I was never a big Pasqualoni fan, what Buzz Shaw said was not all that wrong. And it’s hard to imagine worse outcome for the football program than what actually occurred with the encouragement of the fan base.

Because if you do, you are missing one great opportunity for a big salary upgrade.

By the way, although I was never a big Pasqualoni fan, what Buzz Shaw said was not all that wrong. And it’s hard to imagine worse outcome for the football program than what actually occurred with the encouragement of the fan base.
If you can’t see our problems I am not going to even bother.
What you say about our program is basically what Bobby Knight said about rape. I am not going to post the actual quote but that is what your posts always say indirectly.

Can we all agree at this point that Marek is just not very good? I mean he's a fine energy guy in spots, but he's unbelievably weak, has almost zero offensive game (partly because he almost never looks for his own shot) and would never play the minutes that he plays now on a Syracuse team of old. I really wish some of his minutes would go to Braswell, who is more athletic, a better shooter (who actually looks for his shots) and has proven that he can be aggressive on the glass.

I've always been somewhat curious about this one - as Marek never seemed like a guy that was just a short jump from "getting it" and turning into a great college player. He's a great complimentary part, and I know we're trying really hard to stack those type of guys to form a starting unit (inexplicably) and have them all go 35+ MPG, but I'm not seeing it. And it's 3 years in..

If you can’t see our problems I am not going to even bother.
What you say about our program is basically what Bobby Knight said about rape. I am not going to post the actual quote but that is what your posts always say indirectly.

First of all, Knight was quoting an old saying that has been around forever. Connie Chung chose to be horrified and make a huge deal of it serving her own purpose.

But you are right. You are powerless. Much to his credit, JB isn’t listening to fan complaints. So one wonders what purpose this constant complaining serves.

I’ve decided it’s the venting of those who don’t tolerate frustration well and ego-based pontification.

First of all, Knight was quoting an old saying that has been around forever. Connie Chung chose to be horrified and make a huge deal of it serving her own purpose.

But you are right. You are powerless. Much to his credit, JB isn’t listening to fan complaints. So one wonders what purpose this constant complaining serves.

I’ve decided it’s the venting of those who don’t tolerate frustration well and ego-based pontification.
Also known as the reason message boards were created, you old so and so.

We can agree on that, right?

Buddy, Marek, Girard... all rotational guys. No issues with it. They are not 30-35 minute players.

Hughes is. Nobody else is.

But who else plays?
That's the whole problem with this team. There is no one else. The team is too young, aside from Hughes a Jr. we have a bunch of sophs and frosh with no experience. If Okie St isn't that good you could have fooled me. Everything was going in for them like it was for us vs Bucknell. It happens but it seems to happen too frequently to us. hell what was our FT % last night? Very poor game for us and BB looked like he's never been on an away court let alone the Barclays!

This is what I have been yearning for...a Townie career advice thread! Maybe an entire sub-forum? Make it pay, and get rid of the ads?

Q: I feel like we should utilize the bench more. Also, I think I'm making less than I deserve in sales, I have a background in Marketing, and I know I'm worth more than what I make now.

A: Oh, yeah, maybe you should be Coach if you have all the answers. Big salary upgrade.

Listen pal you’ll watch this team and you will ENJOY it. You should thank god every day that you have the opportunity to watch Jim Boeheim coach.

Also Dino Babers can coach football here as long as he wants.
He defended Bobby Knight saying “If rape is inevitable relax and enjoy it” as Connie Chung taking offense.

I mean if that doesn’t tell you JB can do no wrong and fans should give their money and shut the hell up then I don’t know what will.

He defended Bobby Knight saying “If rape is inevitable relax and enjoy it” as Connie Chung taking offense.

I mean if that doesn’t tell you JB can do no wrong and fans should give their money and shut the hell up then I don’t know what will.

Lol Yeah I even doubled checked the context to make sure I wasn’t missing something.

I was not

Smokes a pack a day. Have a great source on this...
it's the great unspoken truth that no one associated with the basketball team will publicly mention

Good idea.

How we going to do this? What’s the plan?
I think you know what needs to happen but you don’t want to hear it or even entertain the possibility.

we’ve all been very fortunate to watch a lot of winning. I’ve never seen a losing Syracuse team in my life. With that, is everyone mentally preparing themselves for this season? I think most on this board have watched enough basketball to know what we may be facing this year.

It's a saying that has been around forever. Knight didn't make it up.

And until the PC revolution, no one much cared about it. They knew it was a little raw, but it did make the point. But these days, the media can cash in on whoever uses it as "insensitivity to rape victims" to the clucking of the Politically correct.

It's perfect for the mental midgets who are running around the country tearing down historical monuments that they find offensive.

You can complain all you want. But don't pretend you know what the answers are. I mean other than ridiculous nostrums like "Recruit better players".

I think you know what needs to happen but you don’t want to hear it or even entertain the possibility.

I'd rather focus on what's going to happen. But that's just me.

And I strongly believe there's no better than a 30% chance that the next coach does as well as JB. It's a frustrated fan fantasy that the problem is Boeheim and that a new regime will fix things. (It's the "put in the back up QB in" syndrome.) It's predictable, because that's what some fans do.

The rise of SU basketball from irrelevance of being yet another northeastern Mid-Major was based on the emergence of the Big East, ESPN and the Boeheim regime. The Big East, as it once was is gone. Big Monday games are now lost among the dozen games broadcast almost every night.

No way!! These are young athletes...they can run all day! Who needs to sub anyway?
Just throw out your 7 Ironmen for 35 minutes at a time & they’ll be ready to rock by March!
Bench? Schmench!! Who needs it!?!?

If you get to March with a .500 record or worse, it won't matter how ready the 6th - 9th players are because you'll be sitting home watching the tourney on TV. I don't know if the fan base realizes there are now 20 ACC games, half of which are on the road.

The idea, the requirement, is to win every game you can. If a tired starter is still better that the 7th or 8th man, that's who you play. Unless its an exhibition game. Games are not for player development. In a two minute period, the shape of a game can swing dramatically.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom