Guys it’s only year 4, Dino just | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Guys it’s only year 4, Dino just

I was surprised their heads didnt grow too big to fit through the doors at Turning Stone for the uni reveal at Lava :(:rolleyes:

The sad part is, I still think their heads are that big...

man if you think that’s bad I watch a kid at a JV game yesterday throw off his pads on the sideline, storm off the field. Scream really loud, punch a light pole and wonder around the parking lot while a coach or two had to go follow him around

That was embarrassing for him...

So I guess Taj is better than that LOL

Sounds like he really showed that light pole who was boss.

DeVito threw a bad pass on a sideline out route. Taj came up flailing his arms around, yelling and gesturing. Announcers even made note of it.

Sick of him acting like a little _____. Maybe put some of that energy into lifting a weight, spindle arms.

but seriously, he needs to reel it in a little bit. Get a grip.

if he isn’t happy step up and be a leader

The context here is what? Because if you use Syracuse football history, he’s in very good company. How many times have we beaten a top two football team? How many times have we had 10 wins?

This season is mostly cluster due to OL play and it sits on his resume like a black eye, for sure. But it’s solvable.
Agreed anything is solvable. Have you seen improvement from game 1 to this point?

I've been following this team since the early 70s, I'm well aware of the lack of 10 win season's and prior to this year I figured they'd be a 7 win team at best due to the ridiculous turnover margin last year and the difficulty in repeating that.

I see the same mistakes now that I saw agaisnt Liberty, that is what concerns me. If there's little growth from then until now, how much growth will there be from the end of this season until the beginning of next?

I’m sitting here thinking that not many here have PLAYED THE GAME
What advantage does playing the game provide to obviously see we are severely underachieving this year.

he got a little pissy because TD was skyMailing balls to him the two times they threw to him and he was wide open.

it’s just the frustration of the season really mounting up

Harris has done that multiple times this year though. It’s ridiculous that it is allowed to continue. He’s not nearly good enough to be given the slack he has by the staff.

DeVito threw a bad pass on a sideline out route. Taj came up flailing his arms around, yelling and gesturing. Announcers even made note of it.

Sick of him acting like a little _____. Maybe put some of that energy into lifting a weight, spindle arms.
A bad pass your understatement is glaring

Harris has done that multiple times this year though. It’s ridiculous that it is allowed to continue. He’s not nearly good enough to be given the slack he has by the staff.
Marrone would have booted Taj already

The last four games of the 2019 season will tell a lot about the immediate future of Syracuse University Football. If you see an improved effort in the last four games and negative trends start to reverse towards the positive side, than whatever message Coach Babers and Staff have been instilling in an attempt to reverse this sideways season
Did not see DeVito throw a fit when he alligator armed a perfect slant pass against Clemson that killed the opening drive. Harris has a bad attitude.

The last four games of the 2019 season will tell a lot about the immediate future of Syracuse University Football. If you see an improved effort in the last four games and negative trends start to reverse towards the positive side, than whatever message Coach Babers and Staff have been instilling in an attempt to reverse this sideways season is getting through. If its the same old same old, then Houston, we got a problem. Any way you look at it, this entire staff is going to have to earn it's salary and in some cases will be coaching for their jobs. Coach Babers has a lot of tough decisions ahead of him. Go Orange!!!!!!!!

Did not see DeVito throw a fit when he alligator armed a perfect slant pass against Clemson that killed the opening drive. Harris has a bad attitude.

I cant speak to that...but I DO believe there are posters who get off on being the, theoretical, "non-hysterical" ones who recognize that this team and program "is what it is" and syracuse fans should not get emotional in expecting better (the Crouthamel defense). They tote around their "apologist" cards like a badge of honor.

What about the "non-hystericals" who are appalled at the language and behavior of the "hystericals", who, in their disappointment begin trashing everything from the Chancellor to the coaches to the players?

Do the "non-hystericals (your term) get to have an opinion?

I would add Taj Harris to this list. His repeated pattern of behavior should be unacceptable to a head football coach and he should be sitting on the bench. It also speaks to a lack of leadership by the senior class that they are don't effectively deliver a message to Taj.

Oh god. There are a multitude of posts complaining about players showing a lack of emotion. Taj is demonstrative because he’s open all game long and gets nary a look, and even he does get a look Devito isn’t up to it.

Here’s a newsflash, college athletes are grown men. They have personalities, attitudes, and agendas. They aren’t all best friends. This isn’t little league or even high school. The athletes are competitive. They’re there to win, not kowtow and capitulate.

I also saw taj giv Tommy the thumbs up. If his attitude was a problem, coach would sit him (and he has on occasion).

Hey the best part about losses is posting their own highlights on instagram postgame. Im sure the XFL is preparing their letters.
This I agree with. In the words of that big goon in White Men Can’t Jump, “when you eat [crap], you shut up.”

What advantage does playing the game provide to obviously see we are severely underachieving this year.

Seriously. Do you really think SU is "underachieving" this year?

I can't tell. (Again, seriously)

Beyond the Bill Parcels' observation of "You are what your record says you are", what have you seen that would lead you to believe this team has anything beyond average or even below-average ACC talent in any area?

I guess someone who had played or coached at this level light be able to see nuances that the average fan cannot see. They might be able to understand where the breakdowns really are.

But, I agree with you. Much of what this team doesn't do well is pretty obvious.

Against this weak schedule a competitive 5-7 would have been a big step back. An uncompetitive 3-9 should never have been in the cards.

and? it’s disappointing, but I’m not sure it’s anything more than that.

Seriously. Do you really think SU is "underachieving" this year?

I can't tell. (Again, seriously)

Beyond the Bill Parcels' observation of "You are what your record says you are", what have you seen that would lead you to believe this team has anything beyond average or even below-average ACC talent in any area?

I guess someone who had played or coached at this level light be able to see nuances that the average fan cannot see. They might be able to understand where the breakdowns really are.

But, I agree with you. Much of what this team doesn't do well is pretty obvious.
Played Pee Wee football does that really help. We all know why we suck on the field. My question is why? That same talent and players played so much better last year. I can name 20+ players who played better last year. That I don't know why. Preparation, execution, play calling, accountability, motivation, putting players into positions to succeed all lie on coaching and staff.

I think the Babers experiment has run its course. Guy clearly can’t get it done. Let’s return to our Northesast roots. Is Al Golden looking for a job?
Can I just say you are my board role model and I don’t think you have said something I haven’t laughed at. Bravo

Played Pee Wee football does that really help. We all know why we suck on the field. My question is why? That same talent and players played so much better last year. I can name 20+ players who played better last year. That I don't know why. Preparation, execution, play calling, accountability, motivation, putting players into positions to succeed all lie on coaching and staff.

I have thought about HCDB's pre-season "warning" to fans that "This is the 2019 team, not the 2018 team." To me he seemed to be saying that even though many of the players are the same, each team has a different personality and chemistry.?, I thought "How could that be?"

As I watched the offensive struggles this year, I have thought it was possible that the 2018 success might have really been 80% Dungey. He kept opposing defenses off balance. They were so worried about him that other areas got less attention and ended up looking and playing better than they actually were.

As to Pee Wee football, my boys played for a youth club in Bethesda that played at a high level. By the time they and their team mates got to high school after four or five years of experience, their football IQ's were extremely high. Even the kids who didn't go on to play in high school had a second level appreciation for the game. They might be able to understand and spot the cause of breakdowns before someone who had never played.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom