Guys it’s only year 4, Dino just | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Guys it’s only year 4, Dino just

Man I’d hate to be northwestern this year
A few surprise 2018 final top 25 teams (current record next to it): Cuse not the only team struggling to follow up 2018's success.

Cinci (6-1)
Utah St (4-3)
Northwestern (1-6)
West Virginia (3-4)
Fresno State (3-4)
Cuse (3-5)
Kentucky (4-4)
Wash State (4-4)

A few surprise 2018 final top 25 teams (current record next to it): Cuse not the only team struggling to follow up 2018's success.

Cinci (6-1)
Utah St (4-3)
Northwestern (1-6)
West Virginia (3-4)
Fresno State (3-4)
Cuse (3-5)
Kentucky (4-4)
Wash State (4-4)

it happens to all the teams that are not recruiting at an elite level and then even sometimes those teams too

it happens to all the teams that are not recruiting at an elite level and then even sometimes those teams too

Totally agree. Just want people to breath. Unless you're elite, you need a proper pipeline of players redshirting and slowly working their way into the team. If i'm right only five true freshman played enough this to not redshirt (Benson, Cantin-Arku, Bergeron, Jones, Kpogba). That's positive for me. Giving time to develop.

shine on. 0-4.

384ccf028bd0baeaf18305ae8cde28b3.jpg

Totally agree. Just want people to breath. Unless you're elite, you need a proper pipeline of players redshirting and slowly working their way into the team. If i'm right only five true freshman played enough this to not redshirt (Benson, Cantin-Arku, Bergeron, Jones, Kpogba). That's positive for me. Giving time to develop.

especially if you think you have good one in Dino... he’s as good as Addazzio, Clawson, and Dorean.

It is Damn near the worst. I've posted an article on here about a dozen times showing how many D1 players come out of NY vs other states.
We rank 44th out of 50 in terms of D1 college football players per 100,000 residents. Out of 100,000 residents, we put in 0.12 D1 football players per year. We are ahead of Alaska, New Hampshire, Vermont, Rode Island, and Maine. Hell...Wyoming has us beat.
THAT IS BAD!!! Even I wouldn’t of thought it wouldnt be that bad and how is that possible with the population difference of even upstate New York and Wyoming I’m assuming

It is Damn near the worst. I've posted an article on here about a dozen times showing how many D1 players come out of NY vs other states.
We rank 44th out of 50 in terms of D1 college football players per 100,000 residents. Out of 100,000 residents, we put in 0.12 D1 football players per year. We are ahead of Alaska, New Hampshire, Vermont, Rode Island, and Maine. Hell...Wyoming has us beat.
Wow I just realized that pretty much 90% of the states were ahead of or all in the Northeast

Dino just needs to hire the best assistant coaches the budget allows. Also lets not forget the Sack Mac crowd.

He brings 4-4-10-?

Dint take this as me giving up Dino. I like Dino and still am.optimistic he is the answer. But at the end of the day its about wins. That 10 wins buys him a longer leash than any other coach who had 3 bad years of 4 would otherwise get. But it's not infinite. This is not the Crouthamel era. No apologism.

I never said you. I agree with all you said. We are on same page but if I come here after a lose some on here are just over the top negative

So you’re saying you DONT want to beat Mike Cavanaugh with a sack of nickels? Well that won’t fly around here pal.

I don't want to beat anyone with a sack of nickels! Never really worried about what flies when it comes to opinion either. Realistically does it make sense to realease someone in the middle of a season with out a replacement? We have what we have! My issue would be lack of attention to it in off season. Adjust what you can on the fly now.

I never said you. I agree with all you said. We are on same page but if I come here after a lose some on here are just over the top negative

On the flip side before the season and after the first few games, when some people tried to express some concerns, the opposite happened. Any critical analysis was shot down as being negative about anything. Now a lot of those things people expressed concern with have been accurate but at times people have taken crap for even saying maybe it’s an issue.

On the flip side before the season and after the first few games, when some people tried to express some concerns, the opposite happened. Any critical analysis was shot down as being negative about anything. Now a lot of those things people expressed concern with have been accurate but at times people have taken crap for even saying maybe it’s an issue.

No doubt but I will say this. Saying the same thing in threads over and over doesn't make you anymore right.

Most people come to vent. Fine I get it but say it once or twice to get it off your chest. Contestantly repeating only makes you look negative all the time

My opinion obviously

Here's what I find somewhat interesting. If you choose to come here immediately after a loss (especially losses in which we look like relative garbage) why bother coming here at that particular time if you are apparently unable to simply ignore posters with the over the top negativity? You know darn well you're going to see people venting, highly frustrated, embarrassed, etc. shortly afterwards, so maybe it would be better for you to wait a few days or so?

Now, if we were losing games to good teams while playing well, in a competitive manner, etc. and some posters were still being 'over the top negative' from your perpective, that FWIW, in my opinion, would be a horse of a different color.

Here's what I find somewhat interesting. If you choose to come here immediately after a loss (especially losses in which we look like relative garbage) why bother coming here at that particular time if you are apparently unable to simply ignore posters with the over the top negativity? You know darn well you're going to see people venting, highly frustrated, embarrassed, etc. shortly afterwards, so maybe it would be better for you to wait a few days or so. Now, if we were losing games to good teams while playing well, in a competitive manner, etc. and posters were 'over the top negative' now that, FWIW in my opinion, would be a horse of a different color.

I typically don't come here or if I do don't post but.... I'm sorta tired of the bagging on the coach too. It's a fine line but same people are constantly negative

No doubt but I will say this. Saying the same thing in threads over and over doesn't make you anymore right.

Most people come to vent. Fine I get it but say it once or twice to get it off your chest. Contestantly repeating only makes you look negative all the time

My opinion obviously

I don’t disagree. There are people that take it to degrees I’m not talking about.

I typically don't come here or if I do don't post but... I'm sorta tired of the bagging on the coach too. It's a fine line but same people are constantly negative

Fair enough. I guess I'll likely never understand why people on an internet fanatics fan forum voluntarily choose to complain or exhaust any degree of energy about another's presumed "constant negativity" posts.

Some want to be the first to tell you so if it's right it seems to validate their football knowledge.

To me it seems we have the right coach. Bumps and bruises on the way. I would love to be in the top 25 more. I would like to be there sooner than later but where we are coming from improvement is fine. 10 wins was over achieving let's be real

Fair enough. I guess I'll likely never understand why people on an internet fanatics fan forum voluntarily choose to complain or exhaust any degree of energy about another's presumed "constant negativity" posts.

It's the people that normally complain that tweaked me! I should not have bit but I did hence why I usually give it a couple days. We all want to be good or great.

I don’t know how he hasn’t landed another job yet. Maybe he just doesn’t want one. Clearly looking for a full crowd when he’s standing in the tunnel ready to run out on the field isn’t something on his agenda.

Did you find that condescending? Just a wee bit? Because I sure did.

A little crow to eat and criticism to deal with -- will be interesting to see how he handles all of it moving forward.

Some want to be the first to tell you so if it's right it seems to validate their football knowledge.

To me it seems we have the right coach. Bumps and bruises on the way. I would love to be in the top 25 more. I would like to be there sooner than later but where we are coming from improvement is fine. 10 wins was over achieving let's be real
The problem I have is that ten win season was accomplished with a lot of Shafer regime players, and our offensive line is now Dino recruits coached by the Dino regime coaches. I am finding it hard to see how anyone but Dino and this staff can be responsible for their performance. I, like everyone else, would like more wins, however what really concerns me is the penalties, which to me is indicative of either poorly coached or undisciplined players.
I can not think that Dino can be happy with this years performance. He needs to change something and fast. In my opinion this is rapidly turning into a critically deficient season that will severely impact further recruiting. Dino must make some adjustments to pull out at least two more wins to salvage a semblance of a season, and stave off a drop in recruiting for the future. I hope he can do it, but my faith in him is now pretty shaken.

The problem I have is that ten win season was accomplished with a lot of Shafer regime players, and our offensive line is now Dino recruits coached by the Dino regime coaches. I am finding it hard to see how anyone but Dino and this staff can be responsible for their performance. I, like everyone else, would like more wins, however what really concerns me is the penalties, which to me is indicative of either poorly coached or undisciplined players.
I can not think that Dino can be happy with this years performance. He needs to change something and fast. In my opinion this is rapidly turning into a critically deficient season that will severely impact further recruiting. Dino must make some adjustments to pull out at least two more wins to salvage a semblance of a season, and stave off a drop in recruiting for the future. I hope he can do it, but my faith in him is now pretty shaken.

that’s not true - the 10 win season had something like 10% Shafer guys

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom