Guys it’s only year 4, Dino just | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Guys it’s only year 4, Dino just

How's Dave Doeren doing in year 7?

Gary Patterson was 4-8 in year 9 at TCU.
Yeah that’s a good point because it does happen for whatever reason and for more than one reason a lot of the times. Our offensive line is a mess The likes of which I have never seen! This is Devito his first year which he is only a sophomore and only getting a couple seconds if he’s lucky to make a throw and I hope we haven’t screwed him up mentally taking the amount of hits he’s taking

You know I wonder where upstate New York football is ranked in terms of the whole country? You know it’s got to be damn near one of the worst. There’s just no football players up here to choose from that’s why I just don’t know it doesn’t matter who we bring in if we’re ever going to be top 25 recruiting football.
continuing to spend money always is crucial and will help and we’re gonna have to continue to spend and keep on spending even come close to competing in recruiting. It just seems like we have so many things going against us that I am actually amazed that we were so good for so long.
I would like to hear some peoples opinions and observations on this subject because I’m sure I’m missing some good points on this because maybe I hear something good where I have some optimism in the future and won’t just looks so bleak

Your dramatics are glaring. Did you sob, like Taj quite possibly did?
Devito was anointed as an elite pocket passer he is not, I watch a lot of football he would not start for nearly any other .p5 team and I would certainly take a bunch of mid major qbs over him, he’ll the kid from UB looks better by a mile

Lynch is not quality. Martin is not quality.

Honestly the only guys who should be safe on this staff are Dino, Lustig and Monroe. All other coaches should be under the microscope.

The penalties and overall lack of discipline should be on the head coach. The clock management during the last 1:30 of the first half is on the coach. I think Dino has a lot of promise but I don't think he's untouchable anymore.

Whew. A lot there. I’m not sure how you can judge the QB coach with a line that sucks as bad as ours, lol. Lynch was the OC of a ten win season, so I’m not sure I’d write him off just yet.

I agree on the clock management this year. Penalties too.

I honestly read this thread after following the games stats while at a soccer practice. I watched the game this morning. This thread is not an accurate assessment of anything other than fan frustration.

They went with a gimmicky offense centered around their NFL RB and it worked. I’m sure we prepped for a Briles O that we know well. When they went traditional O we shut them down. That trick play could have been a billion hard loss too.

The are not great up front (outside of Wilson), but know we can’t handle a blitz - TD missed some throws but he made good quick reads that were dropped as well. Tommy still had panicky moments in the 1st half - but learned that pulling it down and running will move the ball and earn more respect with his teammates. The OL has some fight in the 2nd half, the RBs looked pretty good. The young OL grow up some, get better coaching - we might be a lot better next year. I think TD needs time - both per play and in experience.

edit: and whoever said Iffy had a bad game is blind. He’s a stud

It was 3-35 at one point in the game. Anyone pretending the offense played pretty well minus a couple bad throws and a couple bad drops is just being ridiculous. The OL actually played pretty well most of the game especially considering how much FSU blitzed. People have their heads in the sand.

It was 3-35 at one point in the game. Anyone pretending the offense played pretty well minus a couple bad throws and a couple bad drops is just being ridiculous. The OL actually played pretty well most of the game especially considering how much FSU blitzed. People have their heads in the sand.

no where in my entire post did I say they “played pretty well”

If you didn’t watch the game and read this thread you’d have thought it was time to run Dino out of here and maybe give up on football altogether

edit: we suck - everyone can see that. It’s time to start looking for positives and look for things we can build on. It’s the same thing we did in year 1 and 2 with Dino - some of us saw 2018 coming

no where in my entire post did I say they “played pretty well”

If you didn’t watch the game and read this thread you’d have thought it was time to run Dino out of here and maybe give up on football altogether

edit: we suck - everyone can see that. It’s time to start looking for positives and look for things we can build on. It’s the same thing we did in year 1 and 2 with Dino - some of us saw 2018 coming

I’ve never once said it was time to run DB out of here nor did I ever once mention you saying they “played pretty well”. I think comments overall have been pretty tame for how bad this team is this year. There’s the few going to extremes but I think overall the comments have been pretty tame.

I’ve never once said it was time to run DB out of here nor did I ever once mention you saying they “played pretty well”. I think comments overall have been pretty tame for how bad this team is this year. There’s the few going to extremes but I think overall the comments have been pretty tame.

I could be wrong, is there anyone on this board who has actually said they want Dino gone after this year? I’ve seen a lot of strawman arguments about it, but I personally haven’t read anyone actually make that argument, even in the notoriously insane game thread.

It seems like about half of fans consider Dino’s seat ice cold no matter what, and the other half are looking at him through a more skeptical lens based on this season’s dumpster fire and want to see a tangible improvement next year.

I could be wrong, is there anyone on this board who has actually said they want Dino gone after this year? I’ve seen a lot of strawman arguments about it, but I personally haven’t read anyone actually make that argument, even in the notoriously insane game thread.

It seems like about half of fans consider Dino’s seat ice cold no matter what, and the other half are looking at him through a more skeptical lens based on this season’s dumpster fire and want to see a tangible improvement next year.

I haven’t seen anyone specifically say he needs to lose his job. I think people questioning whether he is in fact the right guy is rubbing some people the wrong way.

I haven’t seen anyone specifically say he needs to lose his job. I think people questioning whether he is in fact the right guy is rubbing some people the wrong way.

What, pray tell, is the difference between "He needs to loses his job" and "He is not the right guy for the job"?

Could he be the wrong guy for the job and yet not have to worry about being fired? Do you believe that you can say anything you want about the guy's competence or performance but as long as you don't use the "F" word, it doesn't matter?

It puts me in mind of the conversation in Talladega Knights in which Ricky Bobby tells the car owner that as long as he prefaces it with "no offense intended", he can say whatever he wants. (According to the Geneva Convention, no less.)

Seems nuts to me.

my bad - I thought you posting right after mine specifically mentioning things I said was in reference to my post

Update on ignore function: affirmative

I just noted that the tenor and content of this thread did not do a good job in preparing me for the actual game film

my bad - I thought you posting right after mine specifically mentioning things I said was in reference to my post

Update on ignore function: affirmative

It was really just responding to a collection of things I had read between different posts and some of the analysis the last few games. Wasn’t directed at you but looking at it again I can see how it looked that way. No big deal.

Do you believe that you can say anything you want about the guy's competence or performance but as long as you don't use the "F" word, it doesn't matter?

I do. It’s called critical analysis.

Keep in mind, I don’t recall ever saying anything this year about DB specifically. I may have but don’t remember and if I did it wasn’t a direct attack at him.

I do. It’s called critical analysis.

Keep in mind, I don’t recall ever saying anything this year about DB specifically. I may have but don’t remember and if I did it wasn’t a direct attack at him.

You may or may not have, but you are saying that others are.

As in "I think people questioning whether he is in fact the right guy".

It's a neat trick. Your hands are clean and you are just reporting what others say. But the impact of it is to suggest that there is some sentiment to fire the guy.

This shouldn't be news to SU fans who regularly see fans calling to Boeheim's or Desko's head. Some people are easily frustrated, feel entitled and have poor self-control.

saltine.jpg

")

You may or may not have, but you are saying that others are.

As in "I think people questioning whether he is in fact the right guy".

It's a neat trick. Your hands are clean and you are just reporting what others say. But the impact of it is to suggest that there is some sentiment to fire the guy.

This shouldn't be news to SU fans who regularly see fans calling to Boeheim's or Desko's head. Some people are easily frustrated, feel entitled and have poor self-control.

saltine.jpg

")

Ok. I don’t recall reporting anything.

What about the "non-hystericals" who are appalled at the language and behavior of the "hystericals", who, in their disappointment begin trashing everything from the Chancellor to the coaches to the players?

Do the "non-hystericals (your term) get to have an opinion?

Just dont be an apologist for poor performance. No.one should trash players or coaches. We can have a respectful discussion. But just as instant gratification is silly to expect and should be called out when it's being pushed for, so should the idea of success being impossible be similarly chastised.

this is extremely accurate.

Dino just needs 7-8 years to turn this around
He needed 3 actually. We're having an awful year. That happens to every team. A losing season following a good one doesn't mean we're going to be spinning our wheels with 4 wins for eternity.
Had this season happened last year, and this was our 10 win season, people would be saying, "See! I told you you got to give him 4 years."

It's like... if your kid was a C student his freshman year, a C student his sophomore year, and then takes a huge leap forward and becomes an A student as a junior, but then suddenly is a D student as a senior.

In this scenario, you wouldn't say "it's OK, you were an A student last year so you are officially absolved for this horrid performance in Year 4." You would want to know, "what are the reasons for this sudden and unexpected plummet, and what are you doing to correct it?"

Asking these questions doesn't mean you want to suddenly put your kid up for adoption.

You know I wonder where upstate New York football is ranked in terms of the whole country? You know it’s got to be damn near one of the worst. There’s just no football players up here to choose from that’s why I just don’t know it doesn’t matter who we bring in if we’re ever going to be top 25 recruiting football.
continuing to spend money always is crucial and will help and we’re gonna have to continue to spend and keep on spending even come close to competing in recruiting. It just seems like we have so many things going against us that I am actually amazed that we were so good for so long.
I would like to hear some peoples opinions and observations on this subject because I’m sure I’m missing some good points on this because maybe I hear something good where I have some optimism in the future and won’t just looks so bleak
It is Damn near the worst. I've posted an article on here about a dozen times showing how many D1 players come out of NY vs other states.
We rank 44th out of 50 in terms of D1 college football players per 100,000 residents. Out of 100,000 residents, we put in 0.12 D1 football players per year. We are ahead of Alaska, New Hampshire, Vermont, Rode Island, and Maine. Hell...Wyoming has us beat.

It's like... if your kid was a C student his freshman year, a C student his sophomore year, and then takes a huge leap forward and becomes an A student as a junior, but then suddenly is a D student as a senior.

In this scenario, you wouldn't say "it's OK, you were an A student last year so you are officially absolved for this horrid performance in Year 4." You would want to know, "what are the reasons for this sudden and unexpected plummet, and what are you doing to correct it?"

Asking these questions doesn't mean you want to suddenly put your kid up for adoption.

Except we don't get much "what happened"? But we get a double dose of the amateur search for the guilty.

A few surprise 2018 final top 25 teams (current record next to it): Cuse not the only team struggling to follow up 2018's success.

Cinci (6-1)
Utah St (4-3)
Northwestern (1-6)
West Virginia (3-4)
Fresno State (3-4)
Cuse (3-5)
Kentucky (4-4)
Wash State (4-4)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member