Hard to tell whether Q was happy with his performance today | Syracusefan.com

Hard to tell whether Q was happy with his performance today

Eric15

Living Legend
View recent photos.jpeg

Love Q, he’s never not into the game and being part of the team. He’ll drop jaws on the floor too. Both “did he just do that?” and “why did he just do that?”

He’s a guy who might have a helluva senior season after learning to play his game.

I've never got too upset with Q's bad plays, b/c he was pushing his game and trying to make things happen.
Just seemed like he was paying the price to learn and become an exciting and solid contributor.
Hope today indicates Q turned that corner. Games could be a lot more fun going forward!

Undervalued by our fanbase. People saying he’s not an ACC player are nuts. Has creativity around the rim like Jardine and plays on ball D as well as anyone we’ve had in many years. Needs meaningful reps and another facilitator (westry).

I've never got too upset with Q's bad plays, b/c he was pushing his game and trying to make things happen.
Just seemed like he was paying the price to learn and become an exciting and solid contributor.
Hope today indicates Q turned that corner. Games could be a lot more fun going forward!
Feel the same way. Some of the turnovers have been downright brutal. There’s no way around that. But his energy/size/solid athleticism/creativity combo is something guys like Taylor and bell don’t have. Not saying he should get 40 mpg but I think he needs reps because if — IF — we can get the good (rebounding, defense, playmaking, ability to break a defense down) to outweigh the bad (turnovers, decision-making, shooting), it would drastically help a team in desperate need of what he brings.

There is a very real possibility Copeland is the best rebounder, passer and defender on the roster. Not totally sure that’s true, but it could be.

FWIW I did keep an eye on Benny, he looked like a normal engaged teammate.

I didn't notice this but others did - Gerry more animated than what we're used to in an assistant coach.
It looks like Red leans on him more than JB ever relied on his assistants. He was up standing and directing guys where to go multiple possessions on offense in the second half.

Why dog Benny? He did his time & played some decent minutes last night & was not selfish. Took a couple shots & deferred to others mostly. Does he need to 'smile more' ? Is that it?
It’s crazy that I was never high on Benny the last 2 years when this board bent over backwards for him but I really like him in the 8th/9th guy 10-15 minute roll this year. Can come in and get you a block or steal quickly or hit a 3.

I don’t think he rounds into a 30 mins per night 15ppg ACC starter but who knows. He brings things Bell and Taylor don’t.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom