Hate to say but SU is a solid NIT team | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Hate to say but SU is a solid NIT team

Lol this threads funny. Lots of overreaction here. I still stand by 16-4.

I remember when the 09-10 team almost lost to seton hall first conference game, and later almost fell to depaul on the road.

The 2010 and 03 teams had built up a lot more equity in terms of quality wins fourteen games into the season than this one has. By the now the 2010 team had wins over three ranked teams, including number 10 Florida in St Pete. They earned the benefit of the doubt. This teams best win is by three against an inconsistent Iowa team that hasn't been ranked all year, on our second home floor. One two point win doesn't mean much in isolation, but it's just another in a string of similar data points.

Va tech is ranked 177 in kenpom. They were down their leading rebounder. They're not a good team.

I really think if you look at that game objectively - sure much of the 2nd half was disappointing but then the boys toughened up and took care of business when they needed to - got the lead back out to double digits. Then it was unfortunate FT shooting coupled with long bombs from VT.
I would be more concerned if we had been trailing all game and then somehow managed to win in the last 2 minutes.

sweet lord the stuff u read here.

No .

You should change your handle to "10 mins to Wapner" because you make Ray Babbitt look like he has ADD.

Every post is the same thing: McC not getting enough run; Cooney playing and shooting too much and the team sucks. Thank God you like Rak.

You got anything else to post about or are we going to be subjected to this broken record for the next 3 months?

Will not beat a top twenty team
Six definite losses against Duke 2 NC 1 Virginia 1 Louisville 1 nd 1
50/50 against : Pitt2 Miami 1 Gt 1 NCst 1 FSt 1 = 3
What loss BC2 WF 1 Vt 1 = 1
ACC T = 1
That's 15? Losses
Best win Iowa

So you have us at 8-10 in the ACC?

Friend of all KenPom has us at #40 (6th in ACC) after today's game. Is 8-10 possible... sure. But so is 12-6 I suppose. 9-9, 10-8, 11-7 are each more likely scenarios.

We are a bubble team. There will be some questionable wins along the way ... that's what a borderline NCAA team does.

To extrapolate each close game to the end of the world is silly.

No you shouldn't, but they won, no matter how crappy the second half was. Also, this isn't a terrible Va tech team - they have a winning record...this isn't losing at home to NJIT

Unfortunately for us, the team that loss at home to NJIT (Michigan) is potentially a sub 100 RPI team, and a "bad loss" on Selection Sunday.

To say we're a solid NIT team is an overreaction. Could we end up in the NIT? Definitely. Could we end up in the NCAAT without having to do anything spectacular? Yes. I'd say it's 50/50 right now
I prefer to watch the games than to project outward 2-3 months. Less stressful and actually much more enjoyable.

Last edited:
Has nothing to do with how bad VT was. We let go a 12 point lead against nova but a 17 vs tech so how bad is nova then???? Nova should have loss to us they must be worse then vt by this thinking.
points like this our pointless. You have to look at what the team is lacking not just some random stat based on the universal perception that a team sucks.

The 02-03 team loss to rutgers on the road, look where they ended up.

Obviously the team has trouble agianst pressure defense as of right now, and opponents get momentum for long long stretches from it, especially on the road.

The 02-03 team also had a knack for not holding big leads, but also very adept at making double digit deficits disappear.

bornagainOrange said:
I know you're trying to be the voice of reason or the "is what it is" guy. But you and a couple others make this place hard to come to and post. Sorry, is what it is

Put me on ignore if I offend you. This was not an impressive victory today, I'm not going to pretend it was.

Whatever growing we were doing, we took a step back in the 2nd half of that game. I just don't see what good teams we are going to beat right now.
Or maybe we took a step forward, because the last time we had a lead going into the second half on the road and the other team came back, we got unhinged and (with a little help from some incompetent officials) lost the game.

Road games are dirty. They're ugly. The other team often plays out of it's A*s ... especially from deep. They have nothing to loose. Today Buzz almost jumped out of his skin pumping his guys up. Their defensive spacing was giving us problems .. deliberately. But we hung in and got a few buckets when we needed to in order to survive.

As we speak, the same thing's happening to top 5 Virginia on the road against Miami.

W.

Last edited:
Lets just snag a few of these top 5 wins and we'll be alright.
Positives: Rak looks beyond solid play in , play out, game in , game out. Who thought that would be the case on Jan 1?
Roberson is playing freer and looser and the comfort level is showing in better performance.
G and Cooney have flashes of brilliance, but overall the backcourt is NIT caliber.

Put me on ignore if I offend you. This was not an impressive victory today, I'm not going to pretend it was.

You dont offend me, and no it was not impressive, but you rarely have anything good to say. Anyone w decent knowledge of the game knows we are not a great team this yr. Just you and a few others like to remind us of that every chance.

I'm not defensive about anything. I think we're a bad team. Call out somebody else's opinions.
It's not a bad team. It's an incomplete or unfinished team. I'm sorry you can't see the improvement this team is making. People talk about What losses, I think you will see at least one What win.

realorange said:
It's not a bad team. It's an incomplete or unfinished team. I'm sorry you can't see the improvement this team is making. People talk about What losses, I think you will see at least one What win.

I hope so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom