Hate to say but SU is a solid NIT team | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Hate to say but SU is a solid NIT team

Can you see the difference in the two statements you posted?

"I'm not defensive about anything. I think we're a bad team. Call out somebody else's opinions."

Put me on ignore if I offend you. This was not an impressive victory today, I'm not going to pretend it was.

It's a lot different saying you weren't impressed today vs "I think we're a bad team." It doesn't cost anymore to get you point across in a tactful way.

Put me on ignore if I offend you. This was not an impressive victory today, I'm not going to pretend it was.
who cares if it was impressive or not margin of victory means nothing come selection sunday at the end of the day its a win

who cares if it was impressive or not margin of victory means nothing come selection sunday at the end of the day its a win

yes, and keep in mind it's all about the W . so guess who holds the at large tie breakers against say a cal,michigan,nova or even st. john's ? we are all competing for minnows in an ever smaller pond.

yes, and keep in mind it's all about the W . so guess who holds the at large tie breakers against say a cal,michigan,nova or even st. john's ? we are all competing for minnows in an ever smaller pond.
st johns wont be on the bubble,same with nova

Considering we beat teams like Duke, Nova, and UNC last year, and then lost to BC, at home means that you cannot make predictions off one game. Each game is their own entity.

Some posters are always convinced of pending doom. It's who we are. We are a fickle group Syracuse fans. Even the year we made the final four two years ago people were convinced we were going to lose in the first round.

Neither will Michigan. They are on target for the CBI.

St. John's could well end up on the bubble. The Big East is deep, and at 0-2 in conference, they can easily slide to 8-10 in conference, which puts them on the bubble.

The Big East will be interesting to watch, and depending on how wins are distributed, it could be a 5-7 bid league.

You are correct.

Although I felt much better about this team's prospects after the close loss to Nova.

As I mentioned people (including myself) need to remember are team level is probably that of a bubble team. The nature of a bubble team is that it can compete at times with powers, but will also have some questionable performances. You can't throw away the season or give up belief after one of those questionable performances.

this teams level is anywhere from a 6-8 seed to nit

I view a team with that range as a "bubble level" team so we see it similarly whether we have different semantics. Obviously at this point of year the ranges are wider.

right now this team needs to shed the prima donna cape and develop a true underdog mentality.
we ain't waltzin' in this year just cuz the jersey says SYRACUSE. we are unranked and highly beatable. despite JB's dire warnings i don't think it's sunk in we're already fighting' for our lives.

They are far from a lock, their best win is against us, likely another bubble team. If they are 500 in the conference they will be sweating it out on selection sunday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom