Hip Hop thread | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Hip Hop thread

1618971178466.png

Curious on thoughts about Conways and Benny's latest? I think both are solid, but neither are better than their last albums. I do have to give them more rotations though to really come to a conclusion. I'm just hoping they're not getting too caught up in quantity over quality.

Curious on thoughts about Conways and Benny's latest? I think both are solid, but neither are better than their last albums. I do have to give them more rotations though to really come to a conclusion. I'm just hoping they're not getting too caught up in quantity over quality.
I like Benny’s. It’s not as good as the first “Plugs I Met”, but it’s good. I like that he was kind of doing the next progression of that lifestyle lyrically, and I like the production and see why he went that route as it fits the album.

I haven’t listened to Conway’s beyond the single and I think one other song yet. Part of that is I’m still listening to From a King to a God because it’s such a complete album, and I’m really not ready to move on yet. The other part is from what I heard, I’m not sure these beats are going to be my thing.

Right now I’m on Khrysis’ album “The Hour of Khrysis” which to me is highlighted by the best De La Soul song I’ve heard in a long time.

Evidence just always seems to get it done. Looking forward to his album in June, and also Skyzoo’s coming soon. That’s two of the best and most consistent out there.

this may be my favorite comment under a YT video...ever: "this is basically just "The Avengers" but in Florida"

My best albums of the year so far:

Topaz Jones - Don’t Go Tellin Your Mama
- I’d never heard of him. I love this album though. Mixes a lot of different musical styles. My favorite song that I couldn’t stop playing:

Skyzoo - All the Brilliant Things. Production gets a little repetitive after awhile but he’s rapping on an extremely high level as always. He’s got that Common, Posdnous thing where you’ll catch something years later.

Evidence - Unlearning Vol. 1 - Very cohesive album. An easy listen. Evidence always brings the relatable content.

And since I haven’t checked in, in a few weeks...

Ive been listening to that new Mach-Hommy album. Really good.

Still listening to a lot of the others I mentioned earlier, especially that Evidence!! Evidence has had one of the unsung great careers in hip hop. And since Kanye is being discussed, I recently found out Evidence made the beat for “Last Call” and wanted Kanye to play it for Jay-Z and Kanye told him he’s keeping it for himself lol. Never knew that.

Torn between absolutely loving what I heard streaming the Donda event in Atlanta and waking up this morning realizing Kanye pulled the okie-doke on us again with the album drop fake out.

Although, you could tell from the event that there was zero chance that album was dropping at midnight. … especially when Jay-Z is hopping on a track, literally, 4 hours before the album event.

Saw a tweet that said Kanye could put out an album of silence and tell people to use their imagination, and his fans would be like “you know I can totally hear it! This album is a vibe!”

New Boldy James/Alchemist album “Bo Jackson LP” comes out 8/13/21. Their last album “Price of Tea in China” was really good. I’m in.

if we’re going to keep talking Kanye, might as well post something from him when he was good, lol. This beat was ridiculous.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom