Hop quote | Syracusefan.com

Hop quote

Everyone can play or else they wouldn't be here."

Donte Greene: [Laughs].

Sean Williams: What's so funny?

large_mediadaygroup.jpg

"You'll see more BJ and you'll see more Chino. Everyone can play or else they wouldn't be here."

Everyone who complains JB doesn't play enough guys is about to get their wish.
I'm not sure they're going to like what they see, at least in the near term. Either way, not much JB can do .. next man up. Let's see how they do.

we stay out of foul trouble we can win. CM played very little in most of the last 5-6 games. we need to find 5-6 min of a backup center and i think BJ actually provides some things CM does not if he plays to potential.

as long as Cooney keeps hitting nearly half his three pointers (29 of 62 last 8 games) and Gbinije keeps hitting nearly two thirds of his (14 of 22), JB can play Chino, DAA & Albert Nassar in the front court and still finish in the upper echelon of the ACC

upperdeck said:
we stay out of foul trouble we can win. CM played very little in most of the last 5-6 games. we need to find 5-6 min of a backup center and i think BJ actually provides some things CM does not if he plays to potential.

What does BJ bring that McCullough doesn't? I'm intrigued.

BJ's best contribution so far this year has been his rebounding. Lately that was the biggest contribution from CM. If BJ can defend and rebound a little and give us something similar to what Buss gives us that would work ok.

Orangezoo said:
BJ's best contribution so far this year has been his rebounding. Lately that was the biggest contribution from CM. If BJ can defend and rebound a little and give us something similar to what Buss gives us that would work ok.

If he's offering what Buss gives us we're in big big trouble on the offensive end. I'd like to be optimistic that BJ can defend like Buss but the last time we saw BJ he was far far far away from being what I would call a good wing defender.

If he's offering what Buss gives us we're in big big trouble on the offensive end. I'd like to be optimistic that BJ can defend like Buss but the last time we saw BJ he was far far far away from being what I would call a good wing defender.
He has shown some surprising rebounding chops. If he can step up his defense, he will be a contributor

He needs to play defense to at least JB's minimum level or he'll be hearing about it, but I'm glad he's going to have an opportunity. BJ is a good kid that would like to be successful here and I hope he finds his way.

I hope he can pass half as good as buss has been lately. Now we just need christmas to finish some of those passes

Huggy Bear's not using it still. That d knocked out the Wall/Bledsoe/Cousins team.

Just saying against certain teams, does it make sense to play Chino, or go small and get better guys on the court? I don't know if 2-3 is viable with Patterson/Cooney in the back.

Full_Rebar said:
Huggy Bear's not using it still. That d knocked out the Wall/Bledsoe/Cousins team. Just saying against certain teams, does it make sense to play Chino, or go small and get better guys on the court? I don't know if 2-3 is viable with Patterson/Cooney in the back.

Or you go the back line of Roberson at the 5 with G and BJ on the wings. Not ideal but better than Conney or Buss back there or Chino at the 5.

We're in BIG BIG BIG trouble with any sort of Rak foul trouble or injury. We need him for literally 32 minutes + a game.

Or you go the back line of Roberson at the 5 with G and BJ on the wings. Not ideal but better than Conney or Buss back there or Chino at the 5.

We're in BIG BIG BIG trouble with any sort of Rak foul trouble or injury. We need him for literally 32 minutes + a game.
Don't see Cuse winning many games with 8 minutes of Chino, to be honest.

kcsu said:
chino will improve at a level that is going to surprise many. I expect him to be solid by the end of the year

Based on?

raw talent that will mature with playing time and good coaching. I think he is going to improve a ton over the course of the year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom