Horse Racing | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Horse Racing

I was actually on it pretty early because they are based at Santa Anita and they were there a bunch promoting it. I “own” 1 which only had 100 shares and was 300 bucks. It was a cal bred sprinter and I always see these outrages cal bred stakes purses with fields of like 5. Figured if he was any good, might pay something back l.

So to begin with the trip to the barns was worth the price alone. My mother in law is a life long fan and watching the smile on her face as she feed carrots to the horse and pet his nose was worth the price alone.

they pick who stands in the paddock and winners circle via lottery (or they did when fans were allowed)

The horse with the amazing name, Utalknboutpractice, was out his whole 2 year old year which was rough but they give updates from the trainer and ownership team on his training and their thoughts for the next race, etc

He won his 2nd race on turf at SA in a cal bred maiden. Then led and gassed terribly at Del Mar. they might run in him in claiming at SA or another cal bred starter

as far as money? They take a lot a decent amount for “costs” Right now we have positive money in the “reserve” which they do post to tell you the balance. Once the reserve is met, they will pay out for wins. once the horses career is done or If he’s claimed, they will pay out the reserve. I expect to probably make my money back and maybe more if he can win a cal bred stake.

bottom line, it’s a fun little program if there smaller shares. I wouldn’t get involved in the likes of Authetic or these other 10000 share types. No money in it and you in all likelihood won’t get to met the horse, talk to the trainer, etc

I was actually on it pretty early because they are based at Santa Anita and they were there a bunch promoting it. I “own” 1 which only had 100 shares and was 300 bucks. It was a cal bred sprinter and I always see these outrages cal bred stakes purses with fields of like 5. Figured if he was any good, might pay something back l.

So to begin with the trip to the barns was worth the price alone. My mother in law is a life long fan and watching the smile on her face as she feed carrots to the horse and pet his nose was worth the price alone.

they pick who stands in the paddock and winners circle via lottery (or they did when fans were allowed)

The horse with the amazing name, Utalknboutpractice, was out his whole 2 year old year which was rough but they give updates from the trainer and ownership team on his training and their thoughts for the next race, etc

He won his 2nd race on turf at SA in a cal bred maiden. Then led and gassed terribly at Del Mar. they might run in him in claiming at SA or another cal bred starter

as far as money? They take a lot a decent amount for “costs” Right now we have positive money in the “reserve” which they do post to tell you the balance. Once the reserve is met, they will pay out for wins. once the horses career is done or If he’s claimed, they will pay out the reserve. I expect to probably make my money back and maybe more if he can win a cal bred stake.

bottom line, it’s a fun little program if there smaller shares. I wouldn’t get involved in the likes of Authetic or these other 10000 share types. No money in it and you in all likelihood won’t get to met the horse, talk to the trainer, etc

Yeah it seems for the type of horse you are talking about it makes a ton of sense. I believe it's great for the game. That said, the deal with Authentic it seems they made a deal with the devil to get it on a derby contender with no real shot of getting money back. I see yesterday that they bought two high priced yearlings at the Fasig Tipton sale with one of the big KY farms ( spendthrift) I wonder how that will work. an American pharoah and Into Mischief baby so they clearly aren't looking for bargains but again, I bet they went in for 10-15% and will sell the shares accordingly. Curious what their bottom line looks like on something like this

Selected Yearlings Showcase (2020) | Fasig Tipton

Yeah it seems for the type of horse you are talking about it makes a ton of sense. I believe it's great for the game. That said, the deal with Authentic it seems they made a deal with the devil to get it on a derby contender with no real shot of getting money back. I see yesterday that they bought two high priced yearlings at the Fasig Tipton sale with one of the big KY farms ( spendthrift) I wonder how that will work. an American pharoah and Into Mischief baby so they clearly aren't looking for bargains but again, I bet they went in for 10-15% and will sell the shares accordingly. Curious what their bottom line looks like on something like this

Selected Yearlings Showcase (2020) | Fasig Tipton
How many times in your lifetime will you get an opportunity to own an offspring of a TC winner?

Tiz skipping the Preakness. Not working in top form.

Tiz skipping the Preakness. Not working in top form.
No chance for the Triple Crown. Better to point him to the BC Classic a month later.

No chance for the Triple Crown. Better to point him to the BC Classic a month later.

Yeah, try to get him ready for a Travers type race. Tagg runs his horses more than most these days so he must need the time

The one instance where government needs to step in.

If anyone wants to see how horse racing should really be run look at the racing in Hong Kong. Full disclosure for every horse, all vet work etc. All info available to the bettor. The betting pools are outrageous a typical card there handles 20 x what a Saratoga card does. It's wild. Jockeys held to strict guildelines as well with their intentions, methods and reasoning for a particular race.

They run 2x a week with full fields ( 12-15 horses usually) I am in with a group of guys and we play the pick 6 there twice a week. Some big tickets but the payouts are unreal, also get paid for 5 of 6 as well

Been there a couple of times. Great setup, but haven’t won a dime.

IB isnt trying to win Dimes if he is shooting at Pick 6s

No, no I am not. That's the reason there is 4 of us that pool together, tough to keep the cost of a pick 6 ticket down within reason with just one guy firing. $1 min pick 6

It's not easy and like I said the field sizes are large as well, gets expensive in a hurry

strange no speed in any of these races to set an honest pace. nice rice though by Swiss coming off the flat one last time.

strange no speed in any of these races to set an honest pace. nice rice though by Swiss coming off the flat one last time.
That was a great ride and Baffert got beat. Great day.

all but 2 horses just stopped.

Or two horses were that much better than the other 9. Art Collector stopped for sure but I thionk it was a 3 horse race. Two ran really well 1 did not the other 8 just aren't on the same page. It's rare that 8 horses would stop in race 3-4 maybe but 8?

I had Art Collector singled in pick 4 and pick 5 bets but I am not bitter... :) Will pays were 30K and 11K

Preakness was a hell of a horse race. I was singled in pick4/5 to Art collector. Ton of great races this weekend
2nd fastest Preakness in history? They didn't look like they were going that fast.

It will be interesting to see if Swiss Skydiver comes back in good order after such a strong, game effort.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom