Horse Racing | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Horse Racing

17-10-8 is what I am doing.

17 seems like a lock.

I may box all 20 at 50 cents with 17 and 8 in my trifecta for 16 dollars.

I like Southbend’s odds.

1599339620866.png

Tiz will be hard to beat. Save money and single him or hope for an upset and throw money at it?

I have a hard time singling any horse, I couldnt even talk myself into keying him just because I hate throwing away a chance for money and the payouts here are too big to not take that chance.

i got ny traffic future bet at 75-1 so i have to throw him in. but still drawn towards the 2-7..

Tiz will be hard to beat. Save money and single him or hope for an upset and throw money at it?

I have a hard time singling any horse, I couldnt even talk myself into keying him just because I hate throwing away a chance for money and the payouts here are too big to not take that chance.

i got ny traffic future bet at 75-1 so i have to throw him in. but still drawn towards the 2-7..
I think he pulls it off. Or Authentic / Honor

I think Tiz falls short, 2nd or 3rd

He was juiced to the gills. This is a joke

i watched every authentic race in real time. He’s never had that type of stamina in ANY race

i watched every authentic race in real time. He’s never had that type of stamina in ANY race
Won me some nice money but holy hell he came out on fire

I had a fairly significant amount of money (for me...i dont gamble much) on Thousand Words.

I also had a Trifecta going of Authentic, Thousand Words and Tiz the Law.
Sigh.

Ended up placing some small last minute bets including a flyer on South Bend. What a waste.

Won me some nice money but holy hell he came out on fire

no doubt, congrats on the win, I should have thought about the cheating angle when building a tri.

he came out of 18 hole, no break, still got the lead and drew away from Tiz and basically every other horse, I just cant accept it with some skepticism seeing as we know he cheated with Gamine

no doubt, congrats on the win, I should have thought about the cheating angle when building a tri.

he came out of 18 hole, no break, still got the lead and drew away from Tiz and basically every other horse, I just cant accept it with some skepticism seeing as we know he cheated with Gamine
And it makes me not buying some shares earlier today ... argh

by the numbers pretty easy race to bet other than the 9 who has been awful most of the time. but no reason to bet the derby and hope for chalk. my buddy hit it for 1700 but it was a blind 2x2-all bet

And it makes me not buying some shares earlier today ... argh
As soon as the race ended I went back to the link and it said sold out. It will bring a lot of publicity to myracehorse.com. I've already seen Darren Rovell tweet about the 4200 micro owners

And it sucks worse seeing an old school hay/oats/water guy like Barclay Tagg on the losing end.

As soon as the race ended I went back to the link and it said sold out. It will bring a lot of publicity to myracehorse.com. I've already seen Darren Rovell tweet about the 4200 micro owners

I poke around on that site from time to time, but find the percentages to be so small for the cost I just cant justify it.

I poke around on that site from time to time, but find the percentages to be so small for the cost I just cant justify it.
It's basically a $200 investment that you wouldn't expect to ever see again. But now 4200 people can say they own a Derby winner and should see some type of return from breeding. I look at it from a Covid perspective. How many times have I saved over $200 by staying home for the last 5+ months. But now I own 2 horses. Hopefully they do well. If not it's water under the bridge

It's basically a $200 investment that you wouldn't expect to ever see again. But now 4200 people can say they own a Derby winner and should see some type of return from breeding. I look at it from a Covid perspective. How many times have I saved over $200 by staying home for the last 5+ months. But now I own 2 horses. Hopefully they do well. If not it's water under the bridge

I hear you. I am game if a couple hundred bucks nets me, say, 0.1%. But .01%? seems almost inconsequential...

He's cheated with more than Gamine. The sport can't control itself. It's sad.

Isn't Baffert the Belichick of the horse world?

Thanks to Authentic, MRH has sold out of every available share of all their horses.

Is it true that those that bought into Authentic through myracehorse don't see a nickel of the prize money from the KY Derby? That seems to be the word out there? It would seem there should be some type of return no?

Is it true that those that bought into Authentic through myracehorse don't see a nickel of the prize money from the KY Derby? That seems to be the word out there? It would seem there should be some type of return no?
It was part of the deal going in because MRH only owns 12.5% of Authentic however all those people will be participating in the breeding proceeds which could be pretty good. I can see in the future a bunch of owners willing to sell off pieces of their horses to get quick cash. Micro sharing will be the future success of horse racing where John Q Public will invigorate a somewhat dying sport.

It was part of the deal going in because MRH only owns 12.5% of Authentic however all those people will be participating in the breeding proceeds which could be pretty good. I can see in the future a bunch of owners willing to sell off pieces of their horses to get quick cash. Micro sharing will be the future success of horse racing where John Q Public will invigorate a somewhat dying sport.

I think that one thing that they need to do in order for it to really blow up is find better ways to incentivize micro-ownership that does not involve winnings share. And...to limit microshares somewhat. Meaning- If I own 1/10 of a percent...but the entire horse ownership is made up of microowners, we are talking potentially 1,000 owners. How likely one can get into a winners circle? Or get owners suite privileges? Little if any. But if the horse is only 25% micro owners? Now the numbers are more reasonable.

I'd spend a few hundred for a tiny percentage without even expecting winnings...but i'd like SOMETHING if I have the chance to see my horse live.

That said, I hope that MRH is the start of something. Id love to see other companies doing the same.

I think that one thing that they need to do in order for it to really blow up is find better ways to incentivize micro-ownership that does not involve winnings share. And...to limit microshares somewhat. Meaning- If I own 1/10 of a percent...but the entire horse ownership is made up of microowners, we are talking potentially 1,000 owners. How likely one can get into a winners circle? Or get owners suite privileges? Little if any. But if the horse is only 25% micro owners? Now the numbers are more reasonable.

I'd spend a few hundred for a tiny percentage without even expecting winnings...but i'd like SOMETHING if I have the chance to see my horse live.

That said, I hope that MRH is the start of something. Id love to see other companies doing the same.
It's a trade off. You can go with West Point Thoroughbreds or another syndicate and pay more and get less owners and less quality horse. Without looking I'm not sure how many G1 winners West Point has had. And definitely probably no Derby winners.

It's a great idea but will be interesting what comes up down the road but a microshare is .001% of the horse? Correct

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom