Horse Racing | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Horse Racing

some nice races at the SPA this weekend.. the Diana was a very good race as was the Fourstardave..

derby week but the highlight should be the swiss skydiver/ gamine match up in the oaks

1598975900053.png

tiz will be tough but i do have one future ticket on NY traffic at 75-1 for the 5th betting choice thats not bad

really though only 3 real choices and i doubt all 3 run well so even if tiz wins there will still be money with so many 30-1+ horses running

tiz will be tough but i do have one future ticket on NY traffic at 75-1 for the 5th betting choice thats not bad

really though only 3 real choices and i doubt all 3 run well so even if tiz wins there will still be money with so many 30-1+ horses running
2/3 of the entries are m/l 30-1+. I thought this would have been the year with 12-14 entered and most having a shot.

Can't root for Baffert hoping the two turns make the difference.

Yeah, I haven't really looked yet but definitely going to try and find a horse at a decent number in the OAKS. Two faves in oaks and Tiz the law will be really tough

I'm going with Finnick. We've been watching Peaky Blinders and just realized the actor who played Finnick in the Hunger Games is portraying Oswald Mosley. There has to be a reason for the coincidence.

I don't recommend taking a horse with no right eye on the inside of 17 other horses. But hey have it. hope he wins

I don't recommend taking a horse with no right eye on the inside of 17 other horses. But hey have it. hope he wins
He’s got no right eye? Like it was cut out with a razor blade by Arthur Shelby? Oh, I’m doubling down now!

Over bet horses the past 3 derbies: Patch projected at 75/1 went off at 14-1 ( 4.4% takeout reduction) My Boy Jack 18-1 went off at 6-1 ( 6.4% TO reduction) Gray Magician at 85-1 went off at 33-1 ( 1.5%)

Who will it be this year?

Someone tell me who to bet on for the Derby. You can get the field vs Tiz for +120 which seems crazy but I know nothing about horses.

I'm going with Finnick. We've been watching Peaky Blinders and just realized the actor who played Finnick in the Hunger Games is portraying Oswald Mosley. There has to be a reason for the coincidence.
Finnick scratched.

I was all over SkyDiver over Gamine.. didnt see the Devil at all.. it won but never with that kind of track record type of race.

Yeah, I haven't really looked yet but definitely going to try and find a horse at a decent number in the OAKS. Two faves in oaks and Tiz the law will be really tough
I was hoping Speech at 5-1 was going to be the horse to beat the two favorites. Obviously it didn't happen. Interesting pre-race they were talking Gamine going to the Preakness. See if that still happens.

So a couple weeks ago I made my first horse investment, not counting at the windows. I bought into two horses through the Myracehorse.com investment group. My investments are microshares so I don't expect anything in return except hopefully to be able to stand in the winners circle someday. Both are two year olds and one is the daughter of Frosted being trained by Christophe Clement and one the son of Shackleford who is being trained by Linda Rice. Frosted and Shackleford were two of my favorite horses which is basically why I made my investment.

However, one of their horses is Authentic. So it is exciting for the people who bought into him to follow him winning the Haskell and now being the 3rd favorite at the Derby. And I do feel obligated to throw a few bucks on him, most likely a 17/18 exacta bet. Not sure what it will pay but I can't see betting against Tiz the Law.

interesting to hear how much they thought 2 turns tired Gamine out and she really tired down the stretch

The pace went from pedestrian to hey now in a blink. Boxed an exacta and got lucky on the order. No experience on two turns or at the distance exposed Gamine Too bad Baffert couldn't get some drugs accidentally mixed into her feed, that seems like a fool proof training method.

So a couple weeks ago I made my first horse investment, not counting at the windows. I bought into two horses through the Myracehorse.com investment group. My investments are microshares so I don't expect anything in return except hopefully to be able to stand in the winners circle someday. Both are two year olds and one is the daughter of Frosted being trained by Christophe Clement and one the son of Shackleford who is being trained by Linda Rice. Frosted and Shackleford were two of my favorite horses which is basically why I made my investment.

However, one of their horses is Authentic. So it is exciting for the people who bought into him to follow him winning the Haskell and now being the 3rd favorite at the Derby. And I do feel obligated to throw a few bucks on him, most likely a 17/18 exacta bet. Not sure what it will pay but I can't see betting against Tiz the Law.
I bought two share of two horses off my racehorse and have had some successful luck. You won't get rich unless you were in on a horse like Authentic, but I have already received back some of my investment only a few months in. It's really for the long term that you want to invest in a horse that you can also benefit from the stud / breeding after they retire

I bought two share of two horses off my racehorse and have had some successful luck. You won't get rich unless you were in on a horse like Authentic, but I have already received back some of my investment only a few months in. It's really for the long term that you want to invest in a horse that you can also benefit from the stud / breeding after they retire
Shares of Authentic are available until post time. Something like 1200 left. I think its $200 for 1/1000 of 1% or something crazy but like you said it includes breeding rights also. Really a small investment to say you own a Kentucky Derby horse and already a Grade 1 winner.

Shares of Authentic are available until post time. Something like 1200 left. I think its $200 for 1/1000 of 1% or something crazy but like you said it includes breeding rights also. Really a small investment to say you own a Kentucky Derby horse and already a Grade 1 winner.
Yes

I thought about plopping down $206 this morning, but I just don't know lol.

There's no dividend payouts for the rest of 2020 for Authentic, and future payments will depend on race results, and future stud fees per foal.

It's a gamble for sure. He won four of five races and finished a close second in the other to another Derby contender.

If he wins the Derby he's guaranteed to have significant breeding value. If he doesn't, and fails to win Preakness, then he's just a good horse, but nothing special and you probably won't make any money back on him for five years ... It's not a sexy ROI

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom