Horse Racing | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Horse Racing

It will be interesting to see if Swiss Skydiver comes back in good order after such a strong, game effort.

She's run quite a few races for a modern day thoroughbred. I would hope they run her in the Breeders Cup Distaff versus Monomoy Girl and not the classic. It's shame that Midnight Bisou retired but I get it. Win that this year and then bring her back as a 4 year old in the Classic.

She's run quite a few races for a modern day thoroughbred. I would hope they run her in the Breeders Cup Distaff versus Monomoy Girl and not the classic. It's shame that Midnight Bisou retired but I get it. Win that this year and then bring her back as a 4 year old in the Classic.
My hope is that her success combined with her busy schedule leads other owners to expand their horses into more than a handful of races for their careers.

My hope is that her success combined with her busy schedule leads other owners to expand their horses into more than a handful of races for their careers.

It seems like many of the top fillies are at least extending into their 5 year old career. The rush to make a stallion in this business has gotten absurd. Look no further that Toms De'tat who was given some time and hit his prime as a 6 and 7 year old racehorse. I mean a breeders cup distaff with Shedaresthedevil, Monomoy Girl, Midnight Bisou, and Swiss Skydiver would have been unreal. Instead one has been retired which I get, one is getting time off until spring, which is fine and Swiss may run in the classic. SO now we have one horse in Monomoy Girl who will probably run and be 4/5 if Swissskydiver does not run. Looks like Kenny McPeek may have the next great filly already. The NY bred by Laoban ( simply Ravishing) is 3 for 3 as a 2YO and won the alcibiades last week at Keeneland

Grass horses all seem to stick around longer because they obviously have less value in the US as stallions

A horse paid $409 tonight! Seems impossible. Crazy.

I needed the last race to win the TVG pick 8 contest yesterday but a longshot came in and I split the purse 50 ways.. went from a nice payout to $60 real fast..

Linda Rice in some hot water. Very interesting read. Ex-NYRA employees testify at Rice hearing

She should be suspended for at least a year or two and it should have been done a year ago. This has taken entirely too long. She seems to get away with a lot though, smaller trainer would have been probably been banned for 5-6 years.

Certain amount of shop talk goes on with every racing office and trainers trying to get races to go but this is so far beyond that it's insane. She was literally paying these guys cash

As a good buddy describes her "she's a tyrant in designer clothing, ruthless"

she also has the personality of a door mat

Last edited:
so she was paying to find out who might be running in races to know where she wanted to enter her horses? what would PP do for anyone thats pretty easy to get for anyone?

so she was paying to find out who might be running in races to know where she wanted to enter her horses? what would PP do for anyone thats pretty easy to get for anyone?

not might be, who was actually entered, when she was calling the racing office or logging into the system she had access or information as to what exact horses were entered into the race prior to her entering. That's 100% against the rules of racing. LIke I said, sure you might hear that there is 7 entered or we need 2 more to make it go type of thing. And yeah you may know a few others that are entering but knowledge of all the horses exactly. She was also paying cash to state racing officials for this info.

It's a big deal

Great inside racing stuff, and this is a big deal. Seems like a “he said she said” unless the information providers emailed or faxed directly to Rice at some email address or number known to belong to her. Morales and Salvato sound like less than savory characters. Sounds also like she delivered the cash through an intermediary. Seems like a good legal team could muddy the waters, but agree it smells really bad.

Great inside racing stuff, and this is a big deal. Seems like a “he said she said” unless the information providers emailed or faxed directly to Rice at some email address or number known to belong to her. Morales and Salvato sound like less than savory characters. Sounds also like she delivered the cash through an intermediary. Seems like a good legal team could muddy the waters, but agree it smells really bad.
It's not in a court of law but in front of the racing commission. Not sure of the difference but possibly could face legal consequences afterward.

It's not in a court of law but in front of the racing commission. Not sure of the difference but possibly could face legal consequences afterward.
Understood, but due process is required, I suspect, in front of the racing commission as well. If she did what is alleged it’s a fraud on the public and those of us who play the ponies.

Understood, but due process is required, I suspect, in front of the racing commission as well. If she did what is alleged it’s a fraud on the public and those of us who play the ponies.
Like you said originally, this is a big deal. But it's strange. She can make her results look better to better herself financially but the bettors still need to pick up on it.

agreed, its not right and I hope they suspend her for at least a year but when it comes to NY racing she carries a pretty bit stick from a pretty big racing family. if it were a smaller trainer I have no doubt it would be done already and would be a few years.

I got a horse worth betting Sunday at Aqueduct but need to make sure race goes first... I’ll let you know. The name will appeal to Orange fans

Last edited:
If her name was Baffert she would get an apology letter.

We shall see, I am very curious to see how they handle this. Properly or like California racing does with Baffert. Just can't see racing making it long term in California

I got a horse worth betting Sunday at Aqueduct but need to make sure race goes first... I’ll let you know. The name will appeal to Orange fans
Only to fans who didn't want to run him out of town.

Day 1 thoughts so far
Wesley Ward in the Juvy Turf Sprints...I thought Golden Pal was easy and loved Ubettabelieve it underneath. Cleaned up the tri

Princess Noor, WOOF. I guess the numbers didnt lie, I was wrong there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom