House of the Dragon | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

House of the Dragon

So Aemond purposely tried to kill Aegon, right?

Yes, I think that was the implication -- not only that he was going after Rheanys and her dragon, but also opportunistically taking out his brother, who blocks Aemond's path to the throne [or at the very least, not caring that his brother was in the line of fire].

I think this was foreshadowed by the earlier scene, where Aegon uncomfortably realized that Aemond was developing battle strategy and making decisions without bothering to consult his king.

And unless I'm mistaken, the point about Aemond's intentions was further drilled home by the final scene of the show, where Criston is frantically trying to locate the downed king, only to come across Aemond pulling his sword when he discovers that his brother is still breathing, despite the crash.

Or did I misread what was happening in that scene? Sure looked to me like Aemond was preparing to strike him down, before realizing that he was being observed.

Last edited:
Great episode, but
slightly ruined at the end by the extremely cliche move of acting like a character is dead when they 1000% will survive. There is no way Aegon is dead unless they clearly showed his dead body at the end, so the cliffhanger they were attempting to create has zero suspense attached to it. Maaaybe he is seriously injured and out of the picture the rest of the season, but even that seems unlikely. As they say in the world of sports, I bet he is out for two weeks before doctors reevaluate.

Didn’t he make noise and/or move when Aemond pointed to him? Even if he didn’t, the preview for the next episode mentioned he’s alive, albeit very injured and maybe on the verge of death. There was the chance he died but they ‘resolved’ that without leaving it as a cliffhanger, or at least only leaving it as a cliffhanger (if he wasn’t moving or making noise when Aemond and Cole found him) for the length of the credits before the next episode preview.[\SPOILER]

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom