How about classic SU games watching during | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

How about classic SU games watching during

I've only been able to find a short 1 min recap on YouTube. Without Rick they don't start that year 18-0

Yep, Rick Jackson is exactly the kind of big guy I want us to continue to recruit. A top 100 big that steadily developed and improved over his 4 years here.

I forgot Z was playing for the Globetrotters.

This must be the only time we’ve worn orange jerseys in the Dome?

We wore orange for exhibitions in I think 1997-1998. Whatever the season was when we switched from "Syracuse" in orange to "Orangemen" in blue on the front of the home jerseys. The new ones weren't ready, so we wore the road uniforms (which hadn't changed).

Here's a game...

Not to open a can of worms, but that Jay Bilas quote... "His players play with a free mind, they're not afraid to make a mistake. You don't see him out there ranting and raving." That was interesting.

Just in case anyone's bored today...LOL

I'm almost positive that this game holds the record as the longest-tenured SU attendance king. It was broken at this 1991 Georgetown game, and then wasn't broken again until Melo's Dome finale 2003, so a 12 year stretch.

Get it while it's hot!

You, sir, are a legend & a hero!

Edit: I downloaded it on my computer in case it gets pulled for some reason, haha. Looking forward to watching.

Last edited:
Get it while it's hot!

So great seeing this. The main thing I remembered from that game was the intensity - both on the floor and in the stands. That crowd was so hungry for a big W. That really came across on TV, which is great to see. That was one of those games where afterwards, you felt like you played.

Obviously remember McNeil’s FTs and putback, but did not remember that offensive board and great pass to Duany to cut it to two. Amazing how he won us the game.

So great seeing this. The main thing I remembered from that game was the intensity - both on the floor and in the stands. That crowd was so hungry for a big W. That really came across on TV, which is great to see. That was one of those games where afterwards, you felt like you played.

Obviously remember McNeil’s FTs and putback, but did not remember that offensive board and great pass to Duany to cut it to two. Amazing how he won us the game.
He also gave the greatest post game response when asked about Knight’s shot...”Schitt looked good.”

One of the best environments we had at the Dome. Was truly the beginning of something special coming off the Laminzana banked 3 at Rutgers and the infamous players only meeting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom