How about classic SU games watching during | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

How about classic SU games watching during

Because it was an awful performance and we stole that game. Going into that tourney we had eyes on a title and then the Fab news dropped followed by nearly being the first 1 seed to lose to a 16. Just an ugly memory even for a win.
It wasn't as close as your making it sound it was ugly but we pulled away late we were never in danger of losing.

It wasn't as close as your making it sound it was ugly but we pulled away late we were never in danger of losing.

It was a 3 pt game with 30 seconds left and a call in our favor to give us the ball. Not sure where you get that we pulled away. Maybe in the last 30 seconds?

It was a 3 pt game with 30 seconds left and a call in our favor to give us the ball. Not sure where you get that we pulled away. Maybe in the last 30 seconds?

It was an awful, overly stressful game, made all the more so because of the possible “first 1 seed to lose to a 16” that was very much in play.

Which, along with the “first 2 to lose to a 15” (which was such BS - Richmond should’ve been more like a 10 or 11), it would have been a HUGE, permanent black mark on the program if we’d lost.

Just because a game occurred in the past, doesn’t make it a “classic”.
The game tape of this one should be burned, then the ashes should be fired on a rocket into the sun.

It was an awful, overly stressful game, made all the more so because of the possible “first 1 seed to lose to a 16” that was very much in play.

Which, along with the “first 2 to lose to a 15” (which was such BS - Richmond should’ve been more like a 10 or 11), it would have been a HUGE, permanent black mark on the program if we’d lost.

Just because a game occurred in the past, doesn’t make it a “classic”.
The game tape of this one should be burned, then the ashes should be fired on a rocket into the sun.

So the main reason I want to see the game is the officiating. The media and UNC Asheville made a big deal about a couple of the calls late in that game.

But I remember about 5 calls in the first half that absolutely screwed the Orange out of a lead at halftime. And I’m not typically one to complain about refs, bad calls happen to every team. I want to look back and see how big of an impact the officiating had on the game.

But yes, for the most part it was an ugly game. James Southerland was the only Orange player to show up and thank god he did.

Love the old commercials, sounded like the Burger King ad was trying to lure me into the back of a van.

Everything about these games is so nostalgic. The games themselves, but also the commercials, the presentation

Particularly love when they showed the starting lineups.

Also it’s a trip seeing nothing but the game on the screen. They didn’t even have the score/time up for a long time.

Sorry I haven’t scoured the whole thread so I will ask: is the 2010 Gonzaga game out there? Where we absolutely curb stomped them after they spent the previous 36 hours running us down in the media.

Sorry I haven’t scoured the whole thread so I will ask: is the 2010 Gonzaga game out there? Where we absolutely curb stomped them after they spent the previous 36 hours running us down in the media.

I was at that one in Buffalo! Such a fun weekend. We looked like champions that day(and much of that season). Great team.

Rewatching the 03 run forgot how good McNeil was on defense. For anyone who said we only won a title because of a melo is lacking brain cells. That was a damn good team.

That is the one game I keep hoping will pop up on here. That and the two games at MSG that year, especially when we routed UNC aka the Wes Johnson coming out party.

Did everyone else see the Syracuse game against Phi Slamma Jamma Houston? I stumbled across it in the related content of one other game posted here. It’s not the full game but like the first 10 or so minutes. Still super cool. That UH team went 31-2 in the regular season and Syracuse was one of the 2!

Don't have that game vs Houston. Lots of dunks though. From what I remember. Someone has part of that game up on Youtube. :)

Everything about these games is so nostalgic. The games themselves, but also the commercials, the presentation

Also it’s a trip seeing nothing but the game on the screen. They didn’t even have the score/time up for a long time.

That (score /time) did'nt come up for a few more years. ESPN used to always do the starting lineups. Would be nice for them to do that again

Hi Morvil,

This a random one, but do you have 1997 Syracuse at Villanova? It was a great road win against a ranked Nova team with Tim Thomas on Big Monday.

The 1995 win at Providence so awesome to see again. I remember Michael Lloyd hitting that game winner. Then that team hit the ultimate February swoon.

Here's another good one... ;-)

I was just going to ask about this game! Incredible how similar the last play was to the Laettner buzzer beater just the year before in the same building. RIP McNasty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom