How do we feel about our Special Teams coach!? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

How do we feel about our Special Teams coach!?

Regarding punting. Don’t punt. If a 4th and not likely comes up simply throw a deep pass. Outcomes:
1. It is caught. Huge positive.
2. It is intercepted. Works like a punt.
3. It is incomplete. This is the worst case as you turn it over on downs but absolutely better than a “punt-six” or whatever the hell we saw last night.

I don’t think our kickers are even that bad. I think Oh might actually be decent other than not knowing what his range is. He makes clean contact with the ball in the limited kicks he’s had. He seems like he could have a reliable leg. Punting isn’t completely terrible either.

This seems to be all coaching and scheme.
His extra points were all down the middle.

I don’t see him firing him till after the season but I can see him having other coaches step in to right the ship.
I don't believe this for one second.

What is the second word of DART? Accountability isn't let's all hold his hand and figure it out. The dude has a job, he is the worst at his profession at it, if you can't hold the staff accountable then how can you expect that from the players?

Dude is over his head, he needed to go after the last game and if we lost this game they should've gave strapped him to the goal post and waited for the Raiders staff to release him.

How do you feel about your team's execution?

I'm all for it...

Brown said he knew the question was coming postgame before it even fully left the reporter’s mouth.

“It’s bad,” he said. “We have to get it fixed. It’s not like it can’t be fixed. It was a mistake.”

Umm there were mistakes not just one mistake...

Vollono has been terrible this season. But what happens if he's fired? There are so many issues that need to be resolved on the team. Do you want to give ST responsibilities to another coach who already has a list of issues to fix? Or roll the dice with an unproven analyst?

If FB is able to find a solid ST coach on the shelf at the coaching supermarket, that's great but it's likely that the best available option is to keep Vollono and get him some help and get him to do his job.

No one is getting fired in the middle of the season. No one.

It will change but he isn’t going to publicly humiliate a guy. My guess is you will see some “help”
I really love his response that he is going to call other head coaches he trusts to help rectify the situation. The other head coaches may say make a change or they may give advice on how to protect better.

I’m really confused though as to why there are only two people back there when UNLV put so many on the line. You gotta call timeout and make sure you have blocking covered. Didn’t happen.

It’s not a good look when this program has had years where it hasn’t even had a ST coordinator and the unit was BETTER THAN THIS GARBAGE.
That's... really something now that I think of it.

Geez.

Th special teams Coach is taking all the heat...but some of those kids just didn't block a guy right in front on them...on the touchdown. the guy just beat his man...mano a mano!!! Is that bad coaching...or is it bad players? The Coach's job now, is to get the right player in there...or change the protection set up to hide our talent flaws.
They are taught to block, then release to try and cover.

Its obvious all they want to do is cover and don’t want to block.

That’s a coaching thing.

They are taught to block, then release to try and cover.

Its obvious all they want to do is cover and don’t want to block.

That’s a coaching thing.
Thank God we didn’t lose bc of the blocked punts. I thought the D was good last night overall too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom