How Hot is Babers' Seat? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

How Hot is Babers' Seat?

Babers seat is nowhere near hot as you noted, however, he certanly doesn't have a lifetime rope or the cache to "be here as long as he wants", at least not yet.

Short of embarrassing the school off the field, I don’t see what the point is of changing coaches at this point.

Either he turns it around or we might as well give up.

Absolute_Zero_Animated.gif

Ok, I'm bored so I'll play. It's 20 degrees now, but will rise to a tepid 50 without a bowl at the end of next year. No bowl at the end of 2019, and it's

4TMqcN59kg3Yc.gif

Last edited:
Wasn't there another post about this a few weeks ago. Getting like a uniform thread.

I think Larry Fedora's seat should be much hotter than apparently it is. I never would have approved that extension, and I would have fired him this season. I think Fedora is a hot house flower, and I am certain he has wasted talent, which almost certainly has hurt recruiting as well as team morale.

Babers has delivered a big signature win each year at Syracuse, but each team finished 4-8. The last Syracuse coach to have 3 consecutive losing seasons was Greg Robinson, and keeping him led to a 4th consecutive losing season.

So I assume that if Babers cannot deliver a bowl team in 2018 that he will be replaced.

And that gets us around to Fedora. UNC travels to the Carrier Dome next year. I think there is a good chance that the loser of that game will find his seat much hotter. We have a ton of Fedora excusers (who increasingly remind me of Bunting excusers), but Fedora is only 1-12 in his last 13 games versus a P5 opponent. So a loss to a team coming off 4 consecutive losing seasons would be a blow.

What do you think are the odds that Syracuse can lose to UNC and still finish with at least 6 wins?

Fedora is a good coach with a million injuries and had an academic scandal over his head.

Your rear end would free solid on Baber's seat.

I will never understand the thought process behind these posters. You can't win without stability. No magic wand will solve our years of despair. We need to stick with the plan aka Dino and co. and ride this train. Given by recruiting alone, we've made significant improvements. At least let the man get his own players before you talk about replacing him.

I will never understand the thought process behind these posters. You can't win without stability. No magic wand will solve our years of despair. We need to stick with the plan aka Dino and co. and ride this train. Given by recruiting alone, we've made significant improvements. At least let the man get his own players before you talk about replacing him.

I believe he’s a UNC fan. Not in tune with our program like we are.

The OP meant no disrespect IMO.
He frequents all the ACC boards and I bet was curious on how we felt about Dino.
He didn’t realize for the most part minus Shafer people Babers has some leash left and we are all happy with him now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom